print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 10: Biting Words

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 10: Biting Words

written by Joie

added on: 18 Aug 2001 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

(BRIAN, totally drained by the night's events, sits on the bed, frustrated.)

BRIAN: Um... maybe you should, like: go.

ANGELA: What?

BRIAN: I mean, like: today, at this second, you say you want me or whatever, but how do I know if that's the truth. How do *you* know if it's the truth, I mean-- just... it's all so sudden Angela!

ANGELA: Brian...

BRIAN: And, like, Jordan Catalano probably thinks you want him too. And you probably do, right?

ANGELA: I don't! Why d'you have to *be* like this, God, Brian!

BRIAN: 'Cause... I mean... I just-- I don't know, okay, but I just think... it's better. To, like, wait or whatever. I don't know. (Beat) So...

(ANGELA, tears of frustration in her eyes, glares at BRIAN as he sits, not looking at her on the bed. She tosses her head.)

ANGELA: Okay, well... I'm *so* sorry for actually telling you how I feel, and I'm *so* sorry for expecting you to be happy--

BRIAN: (overlapping) But I don't even know if that's how you feel!

ANGELA: So I'm going.

(ANGELA exits, pulling the door shut. Outside, in the hallway, her chin crumples, and she exits hastily downstairs and out into the street.)

ANGELA (VO): Sometimes it seems like I live in this world, where every time I try to reach out to something, it just, like: floats away. Nothing is real, nothing is solid. Everything... changes, all the time. And now, I know as soon as I go home, my parents are like gonna be there. Wanting to know everything.

(ANGELA sits on the curb outside her house.)

ANGELA (VO): And the truth is, as much as I hate to admit it? That maybe Brian's right. Maybe... I *don't* really want him. Like, in actuality.

(ANGELA stands up, and:

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

There's no next chapter yet. Why not add one yourself?

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“And, you know, with your hair like that? It hurts to look at you.”

Rayanne Graff, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"