Becoming a Parental Unit

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
pgh kenny
Angelica

Re: Becoming a Parental Unit

Post by pgh kenny » Feb 20th 2008, 2:35 pm

Well, our little monster turned one in January - I sooooo miss the "immobile baby days" - they were over so soon. He's really into climbing, walking and trouble. He found the DVD drawer and loves to methodically remove all the DVD's including MSCL. It's funny how simple pleasures like that make a baby happy. His favorite game is to have me carry around the house turning on or off all the light switches.
4alifetime wrote: Definitley congratulations in order! You are so right, it's hard work! I just had my first girl last November and am expecting my second girl in Feb! AAAAHHHH! They will be a year and a half apart, I need you all here to help me keep my sanity!

I also can't wait for my girls to discover my MSCL DVD's! How cool would that be?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 27th 2008, 6:06 pm

Oh, wow, Kenny! Congrats!!!!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Re:

Post by Megs » Feb 27th 2008, 6:08 pm

Natasha (candygirl) wrote:Maybe in 20+ years, Kaden and one of Megs's little twins will get married!

:lol:

:lol:

Older woman?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 28th 2008, 5:13 am

Nothing wrong with a sugar mama!

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Feb 28th 2008, 1:51 pm

I seem to have totally missed this thread altogether. whoops. congrats to Kenny and the happy little family. :)

and hello to Megs, good to see you again.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 18th 2008, 4:03 pm

So #2 is on the way in May. It's so great to walk in the door at the end of a long day and hear... I love you daddy!
Last edited by pgh kenny on Dec 3rd 2008, 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 19th 2008, 3:32 am

Wow, you're onto #2?! Congratulations, kenny!

I can't believe the first one is already so big - almost 2 now?

:shock:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 20th 2008, 7:47 pm

that's terrific Kenny, so glad that you have a happy family. great photo btw!! :)

congrats on #2!!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Mar 30th 2009, 10:27 pm

This isn't exactly the right place to post this, but I am a very happy aunt of a now six-week-old little girl. She's the first baby in the immediate family since my cousin (who is now 21)! I'm so happy they only live 12 minutes away!
Attachments
IMG_0202.jpg
Last edited by Jody Barsch* on Jul 15th 2011, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kickstart The Riches movie!

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 13th 2009, 12:43 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:This isn't exactly the right place to post this, but I am a very happy aunt of a now six-week-old little girl named Katherine. She's the first baby in the immediate family since my cousin (who is now 21)! I'm so happy they only live 12 minutes away!
What a beautiful baby.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 25th 2009, 5:12 pm

I'm into my second month with two children - so far so good, but things defiantely move a little slower with two little ones. We're taking them to see a free Gin Blossoms concert in Pittsburgh tonight - they both seem to love music.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 2nd 2011, 12:42 am

Ugh. Year 4 update. My son fell off a play set at daycare and broke his femur (!). He's in a spica cast, actually his second cast since the first one didn't work. The new cast almost goes up to his neck and it immobilizes 1.5 legs with a cross bar for support. Six weeks with an immobilized 4 yr old is 'not great' but he's doing well. I have some pictures on my fb page. Scary stuff.

OT#1
I was looking at some of the old posts here... omg has that much time really passed? I was laughing because of all the angst with the mscl dvds and now there is are like 10 miles of tv on dvd at walmart for every show under the sun. What ever happened to RR i wonder? What say you big brother google? http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/09/17/ ... ing-books/

OT#2
And when are we going to get around to the MSCL fan gathering (with the 10 of us that still check in here?)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 2nd 2011, 8:55 am

Great to see you again, Kenny!

Wow, that sounds pretty serious. Hope he recovers quickly and doesn't drive you guys crazy when he starts going stir crazy!

It's nice that we now have almost an entire decade of perspective so that we can look back on the RR/AU angst without our blood pressure rising to dangerous levels!

I'm still all for the MSCL gathering. I vote for LA so we can maybe have a pilgrimage to the high school, the Chase house, etc. and maybe get some of the cast/crew involved.

Mutajon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Mutajon » Jul 2nd 2011, 11:37 am

Natasha (candygirl) wrote: I'm still all for the MSCL gathering. I vote for LA so we can maybe have a pilgrimage to the high school, the Chase house, etc. and maybe get some of the cast/crew involved.
Oh no, please don't! I would be sooooo jealous!
JK :)
"Aaaand dance by the light of the mooooon"

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Jul 9th 2011, 7:04 pm

Kenny,

I hope your son gets better soon.

Natasha (candygirl) wrote:
I'm still all for the MSCL gathering. I vote for LA so we can maybe have a pilgrimage to the high school, the Chase house, etc. and maybe get some of the cast/crew involved.
That would be awesome, I'd love to see the school and Chase house.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."