Becoming a Parental Unit

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
pgh kenny
Angelica

Becoming a Parental Unit

Post by pgh kenny » Jan 11th 2007, 8:48 pm

Well it's finally happened - after years teasing my parents about being uncool, my wife and I have joined the club. We had a baby boy last Friday! I can't wait for him to find my CD's in 10 years and tell me how ancient I am (of course if he finds my tapes and records I'm really in trouble).

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 11th 2007, 11:51 pm

Congrats, Kenny! Give us all the details - name, size, weight, pictures!

I know, I'm such a girl.

:oops:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 12th 2007, 12:55 am

Congratulations! How exciting!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 12th 2007, 3:18 pm

Awesome man, that's great news. Best wishes to the three of you. What's the name?
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jan 12th 2007, 5:57 pm

Name is Kaden, he was 6 pounds 9 ounces and 19.5 inches.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Re: Becoming a Parental Unit

Post by stburr91 » Jan 12th 2007, 6:27 pm

pgh kenny wrote:Well it's finally happened - after years teasing my parents about being uncool, my wife and I have joined the club. We had a baby boy last Friday! I can't wait for him to find my CD's in 10 years and tell me how ancient I am (of course if he finds my tapes and records I'm really in trouble).

Congrats Kenny.

When he finds your Michael Jackson Thriller album, you'll really be embarrassed.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 12th 2007, 7:45 pm

stburr91 wrote:When he finds your Michael Jackson Thriller album, you'll really be embarrassed.
And then he'll secretly listen to it and love it... while telling you he hates it and thinks it's dumb, of course.

:wink:
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 12th 2007, 9:13 pm

Or he'll say, "I didn't know you liked anything cool."

:lol:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jan 12th 2007, 10:38 pm

thanks to everyone for the congrats. this parenthood thing is hard work!

so funny... I remember when the most popular kid on the bus was the girl who wrote out the lyrics to thriller on a notepad.

if anyone would like to see a picture of the little peanut, send me a PM with your email address. Call me a paranoid baby daddy, but I'm a little afraid to post his picture online.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 13th 2007, 2:02 pm

I totally don't blame you at all for not posting a picture. I've seen some people put pictures of their kids all over on their myspace pages and I think that's strange (and possibly dangerous, given myspace's past with child molesters etc.). My cousin had a baby in October 2006, and she posted pictures on babyjellybeans.com, where you have to know the name of the baby and put in a password that the parents have given to you personally. That seems pretty safe.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 13th 2007, 3:49 pm

I don't think that's paranoid at all either. Although I have gradually lost most of my paranoia about posting pictures of myself online, it's still creepy to think about all the loonies out there. My friend put all her baby pictures at a password protected website so that only people they gave the URL, login, and password could see the pictures.

Hee, if you think you're paranoid, my mom wouldn't let anyone come visit me unless they were wearing hospital mask.s to keep their evil germs away from me.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 14th 2007, 9:50 pm

pgh kenny wrote:Well it's finally happened - after years teasing my parents about being uncool, my wife and I have joined the club. We had a baby boy last Friday! I can't wait for him to find my CD's in 10 years and tell me how ancient I am (of course if he finds my tapes and records I'm really in trouble).

Yeess!

Very cool and congrats.

Ahh yes soon you may be appreciating your parents more than you thought possible.

:D

-LanceMan

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 14th 2007, 10:17 pm

Wonderful news! Kaden, what a nice name. Blessings on your new family.
Kickstart The Riches movie!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 14th 2007, 10:24 pm

Maybe in 20+ years, Kaden and one of Megs's little twins will get married!

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Oct 2nd 2007, 1:29 pm

Definitley congratulations in order! You are so right, it's hard work! I just had my first girl last November and am expecting my second girl in Feb! AAAAHHHH! They will be a year and a half apart, I need you all here to help me keep my sanity!

I also can't wait for my girls to discover my MSCL DVD's! How cool would that be?
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.