Discussion for Episode 7: Why Jordan Can't Read

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
svenkid
Nicky Driscoll

Post by svenkid » Sep 12th 2006, 1:42 pm

1. anyone notice that angela baasically invited herself to the band practice? quite cheeky if you ask me :)

2. Angela probably pics the bike move bc it HAS subtitles, and she'll have to wisper each line to jordan :)

Its hard to ind something new to write after three pages of discussion. lol, try after five pages.
the episode so-called angels, does it to me every time!

Christina_in_color
Nicky Driscoll

Re:

Post by Christina_in_color » Jan 2nd 2008, 2:53 am

svenkid wrote:1. anyone notice that angela baasically invited herself to the band practice? quite cheeky if you ask me :)
Haha. Yeah, she did, but I think Jordan was hinting that she should come. With his "whatever happens, happens" philosophy, he didn't want to make too big a deal out of it though. Did you notice that he looks back at her when he leaves the room? I think he actually is a little nervous/excited about Angela. In general, I'm surprised at how forward Angela is with Jordan. It took a lot of guts for her to ask him to a movie in front of his friends. I couldn't do that at the age of 15.
svenkid wrote:2. Angela probably pics the bike move bc it HAS subtitles, and she'll have to wisper each line to jordan :)
I've always wondered why she would pick that film. The Bicycle Thief is certainly not a date film. It's depressing! It's a great film, but the hero doesn't win in the end. I left the film feeling emotionally gutted. It would have been hard to have a conversation about the film afterwards and then try to be romantic. I do think that she wanted to look smart in front of Jordan, and leaning in to whisper the subtitles to him might have crossed her mind. :)
svenkid wrote:Its hard to ind something new to write after three pages of discussion. lol, try after five pages.
Yeah, I agree. A lot has been said. But this is one of my favorite episodes, if not my number one. I love the tiny hints of vulnerability that Jordan shows to Angela.