Can't Hardly Wait

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 18th 2003, 3:19 pm

Megs,
Yeah I think I talked about Airborne with somebody else here a while ago. I like that movie lots!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 19th 2003, 3:30 am

Megs, I thought of you on President's Day when I flipped on the tv and saw that USA's holiday programming included Can't Hardly Wait (they also showed She's All That and Jawbreaker).

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 19th 2003, 10:29 am

Jawbreakers was good, but it doesn't hold a candle to the orginal dark comedy of Heathers! :twisted:

"Say it! Say it!"
"Say what?"
"You suck big...." ok I'll stop now.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 19th 2003, 11:36 am

K-man wrote:Megs,
Yeah I think I talked about Airborne with somebody else here a while ago. I like that movie lots!
K-Man - this is for you:

"I could give two left testicles about you, your school, or your hockey game. I'm outta here in 3 months. 3 months. You think I'm going to waste my time on you or anyone else? Well, you ain't worth it, bra. No one here is. No one."

Candygirl - yeah, I watched both Can't Hardly Wait and Dazed and Confused. The sad part is that we own them both on DVD, and I kept complaining to my husband that USA kept dubbing things and cutting out scenes. He looked at me like I was crazy. "Why don't you just watch our DVDs?" I told him that he didn't understand. I was watching them on TV! I know, I'm weird.

:wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 19th 2003, 11:59 am

mglenn wrote:Jawbreakers was good, but it doesn't hold a candle to the orginal dark comedy of Heathers! :twisted:

"Say it! Say it!"
"Say what?"
"You suck big...." ok I'll stop now.
"I love my dead, gay son"

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 19th 2003, 8:52 pm

I watched both Can't Hardly Wait and Dazed and Confused. The sad part is that we own them both on DVD, and I kept complaining to my husband that USA kept dubbing things and cutting out scenes. He looked at me like I was crazy. "Why don't you just watch our DVDs?" I told him that he didn't understand. I was watching them on TV! I know, I'm weird.
this happened to me over the weekend. I'm sitting here, watching Ferris Beuller, and they're cutting it up and dubbing the stupidest things, and I'm sitting there grumbling.

Then it dawned on me ( :idea: :!: ) - I have it on my wall o' movies. Why not indulge? Popped it in, picked a chapter that was closest to where I left off, and watched the rest in relative bliss and free of any logos in the right hand corner.

Only I was STILL grumbling over the principle of them hacking up Ferris.

Bastards. :D

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 19th 2003, 9:21 pm

I know I mentioned this before here, but sometimes it's funny when the edit the movie soooo much that you start laughing at the ludicrous things they thought would be acceptable substitutes, like "First I'd like to better know you muffin," from Weird Science or "Forget you Claire!" from the Breakfast Club. Late one night, a friend and I saw that the Breakfast Club was on and we were shocked (and appalled) when "Forget you Claire!" was changed to "Screw you Claire!" I mean, yes, the newer edit was closer in sentiment to what the original script intended, but we were used to yelling, "Forget you Claire!" and then laughing hysterically.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 19th 2003, 9:24 pm

mglenn wrote:Jawbreakers was good, but it doesn't hold a candle to the orginal dark comedy of Heathers! :twisted:
I totally agree - whenever I see Jawbreaker on tv, I think that they are trying too hard to emulate the effortless elitism that Heathers portrayed. Rose McGowan is over the top (and I am not just referring to the top of her dresses and shirts!).