Note Concerning Amazon.com shipping.

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Note Concerning Amazon.com shipping.

Post by andrewgd » Oct 18th 2002, 4:32 pm

I had written Amazon.com because the set is said not to be released until the 19th, but my order says it would go out on the 14th. Asked how this was possible, and they replied:
---------------------------------------------------
Right now we do not have a copy of "My So-Called Life" on hand.
Please keep in mind that we are not able to ship it to you until its
official release date, November 19, 2002. Many manufacturers,
publishers, and record labels restrict retailers from selling or
shipping their products until the official release date.

Please note that in some cases, such items may enter the shipping
process just prior to the release date. When possible, we do this to
ensure that you get the item as soon as possible after the release
date.
----------------------------------------------------

So it looks like as long as the customer doesn't have it until the 19th, then its alright for them to ship it ahead of schedule.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Note Concerning Amazon.com shipping.

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 18th 2002, 4:36 pm

andrewgd wrote:So it looks like as long as the customer doesn't have it until the 19th, then its alright for them to ship it ahead of schedule.
I can confirm this - my friend ordered "Say Anything" from amazon for my birthday, but it was scheduled for release the day after my birthday. I actually received it on the release date so they obviously shipped it before the release date.

:D

apexsensation
Tino

Post by apexsensation » Oct 18th 2002, 4:57 pm

Retailers receive items before they put them on shelves. I worked at a record store, and we'd put the price tags on CD's days before they were released. You can see this on any new release at Media Play. Check the date of the price sticker. It might say Oct. 6 if the item has a Oct 8 release date.

Also, I ordered my Simpsons season 2 DVD set from ebay. The guy received them on July 23rd, they were released to the public on August 4th and my friends and I were watching them on July 27th, a week before the rest. So it makes perfect sense to me.