Has anyone ever ordered from cduniverse?

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
blynch1
Frozen Embryo

Has anyone ever ordered from cduniverse?

Post by blynch1 » Oct 18th 2002, 8:32 am

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from CD Universe(Video Universe). They ahve the box set listed at $53.09. Shipping is around $6.

I have preorder at Amazon(67.99) but if anyone has had good luck with this place I may try ordering here.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... tyle=movie

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Oct 18th 2002, 9:07 am

I've never used them myself, but have seen plenty of negative comments on them in the newsgroup uk.media.dvd.

blynch1
Frozen Embryo

Post by blynch1 » Oct 18th 2002, 9:14 am

I saw a few of those around too, trying to find out if it was worth buying from them. Bizrate supposedly has over 25,000 customer reviews for them with 90% leaving positive feedback, but I have no clue if that is even reliable.

I almost orderd from AU until I found this forum and saw all the problems that have gone on. At least with Amazon I know that 99% of the time everything will go the way it is supposed to.

Sammy Jankis
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Sammy Jankis » Oct 18th 2002, 10:20 am

I've purchased a couple of items from CDUniverse in the past and never had a problem with them. It's been a couple of years though, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

keithhelms
Frozen Embryo

Post by keithhelms » Oct 18th 2002, 11:14 am

I've ordered from them with no problems. If you're looking for the best prices, I've found CD Connection to be a little cheaper.

http://www.cdconnection.com

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 18th 2002, 12:02 pm

Wow, CD Connection is still around? I remember back before they had a website, when you could search their catalog and place your order by telnet. Those were the days...

apexsensation
Tino

Post by apexsensation » Oct 18th 2002, 4:43 pm

I ordered from CDUniverse years and years ago (five to be exact) and had no problems. Then again, it was years ago, and it was my first online purchase and if it had, it would have soured me on online putchases forever. Maybe it would have been a good thing if it had gone bad. I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in today!