who here still hasn't cancelled

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 17th 2002, 6:02 pm

I've heard the horror stories and don't want to deal with fighting to get my money back.
I don't mean to attack you, cause I understand not wanting to trouble yourself. But how disgusting is it that AU's service is so bad that they're actions are causing people to not cancel with them. I think thats absolutely dispicable.

Grrrrrr. I want to vent more, but nothing I say will change anything. Grrr...

bobis111
Nicky Driscoll

Post by bobis111 » Oct 17th 2002, 6:14 pm

i'm still sticking it out with AU as well, if Ross doesn't get off his ass and give us something soon , i'll probably go to amazon, but for now there still seems to be a new glint of hope

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Oct 17th 2002, 6:24 pm

I'm still with AU, although I think Ross has to be the biggest A**hole I have every had the " pleasure:" of doing business with. And bleieve me I have met some A**holes. The only reason I am staying is becasue, I know I would never see this money refunded. I mean if he can't pay the venders, where is the money to refund us going to come from? You can't get blood from a turnip. Plus I really want the bonus disc and lunch box. I mean we all wonder what happened after episode 19. I'm hoping that the bonus disc will shed some light on what seems an unaswerable question. I also find it ironic that when the show originally aired it was given the run around by ABC and eventually calcelled. I seem to find a parallel situation in this hopefully successful attempt at getting the DVD's.

I try to be positive, but I also have to admit, I did pre-order with Amamzon. I figure if I end up with two, I can always retyn the one from Amazon, or sell it on e-bay.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Bubbawheat
Tino

Post by Bubbawheat » Oct 17th 2002, 6:27 pm

Yep, I'm still waiting too. I've been waiting since march, ordered it for a birthday present to myself (which happens to be June 18th, at the time I thought it was a good omen, silly me). Things are starting to look up though, and it's always darkest before the dawn and other cheesy sayings.

But anyway, it looks like they are coming, and for me, the bonus disc is what it's all about. Although I just thought of a little question. Are the slipcases that the set comes in going to have a blank slot for the bonus disc, or will the disc come in its own case that just sits next to the set? And if it comes in its own case, I just really hope the case looks good.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 17th 2002, 6:30 pm

Bubbawheat wrote: Are the slipcases that the set comes in going to have a blank slot for the bonus disc, or will the disc come in its own case that just sits next to the set? And if it comes in its own case, I just really hope the case looks good.
My feeling on this is that it would have been a waste for BMG to manufacture two sets of slipcases, so the bonus will most likely come in a regular dvd case that will sit next to the slipcased version (and will probably clash horribly since it is being done in hell...err.. in house rather ) :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 17th 2002, 6:34 pm

andrewgd wrote:I don't mean to attack you, cause I understand not wanting to trouble yourself. But how disgusting is it that AU's service is so bad that they're actions are causing people to not cancel with them. I think thats absolutely dispicable.

I totally hear you - I'm torn between wanting to at the very least get back my money and not wanting to deal with AU anymore. The angry consumer in me wants to stick it to AU and let them have one less sale. The normal human being in me who has a job and a life (not that you could tell by how often I check the forum) does not want to add one more thing to the pile of stress. As apathetic as this sounds, I figure my options are: (1) not get my money back, get the DVDs, no stress beyond what has occurred the last 8 months OR (2) not get my money back, not get DVDs from AU, but get lots and lots more frustrated through further communication with them trying to cancel and get a refund.

I am the suckiest suck that has ever sucked. But honestly, I am tired.

Hopefully I'll feel differently tomorrow so that I can fight the good fight.

Shlugen
Tino

Post by Shlugen » Oct 17th 2002, 6:41 pm

andrewgd wrote:
I've heard the horror stories and don't want to deal with fighting to get my money back.
I don't mean to attack you, cause I understand not wanting to trouble yourself. But how disgusting is it that AU's service is so bad that they're actions are causing people to not cancel with them. I think thats absolutely dispicable.

I'm with you completely. If I would have known Amazon would be offering the set I would have gone with them in a heartbeat. I've never had one issue with them and they're so easy to deal with. I just want this issue to be done with.
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 17th 2002, 6:42 pm

If it helps anyones decision, I DID get a credit from my bank for the amount. I'm assuming that means that they've agreed to dispute the charges, and stick it to AU. If anyone has been turned away by your bank, figure out their fraud departments address, write them a letter, or find their fax # and explain everything that's gone on.

The way I understand it is that they're not legally responsible to dispute the charges after 60 days, but they have the right to, if they wish.

jenrose
Tino

feeling discouraged

Post by jenrose » Oct 17th 2002, 6:44 pm

I cancelled my order with au on the 15th. i sent 3 emails directly to Ross and filled out the drygrass cancel form. i have received no reply from either source (except for the automated one saying my refund is being taken care of). I haven't had time to call au personally because I'm always in class. I also am not thrilled about having to talk to anyone either since my stress level is high enough as it is. Now i feel stupid for cancelling. I definately would rather order from amazon, but i fear i won't get my money back. What is the best way to get a speedy credit from these crooks?

Denie
Between Names

Re: feeling discouraged

Post by Denie » Oct 17th 2002, 6:59 pm

jenrose wrote:I cancelled my order with au on the 15th. i sent 3 emails directly to Ross and filled out the drygrass cancel form. i have received no reply from either source (except for the automated one saying my refund is being taken care of). I haven't had time to call au personally because I'm always in class. I also am not thrilled about having to talk to anyone either since my stress level is high enough as it is. Now i feel stupid for cancelling. I definately would rather order from amazon, but i fear i won't get my money back. What is the best way to get a speedy credit from these crooks?
Speedy credit from AU? Now that's a funny joke! :lol:
I'm sorry; I wish I could tell you something happy and optimistic. The fact is, only a handful of customers have received money back from over-charges or cancellations. Personally, I was double-charged a few months ago but was lucky enough to get it back in only 3 weeks. I know some people around here have been waiting for months. The only recommendation I can make to you is contact your credit card company.

I wish I could be more helpful...
If it's any consolation, I am really confused about what to do too.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

pygmy
Tino

Post by pygmy » Oct 17th 2002, 7:09 pm

I just got off the phone with Wade, making sure that they got my voice mail from last week. He said that he remembered my name and processed my cancellation while I was on the phone. He was quite nice and didn't try to convince me not to cancel. I even got through on the first ring. :)

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 17th 2002, 7:19 pm

I haven't cancelled yet, either. I pre-ordered from Amazon just in case. I figure if I get them both ( :shock: ) I can give one to my sister, who would love one. I really hope that happens.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 17th 2002, 7:34 pm

I am mulling over a dreaded attempt at an uncancel. Depends on what the lunchbox verdict is tomorrow at three. What a mess this is.

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Oct 17th 2002, 7:35 pm

I too have not cancelled...

Though I must say it's not because of any rose colored visions of hoping the Au will finally come through, it's pure greed baby!

After all this controversy surrounding this project, and the difficulty it took to finally get the it, I figure in a couple of years I might be able to get a nice price for the *limited edition* set when I hawk it on Ebay. :twisted:

I have though, also purchased it somewhere else for my own private viewing library. Library ha... I mean my 10 other DVD's.

Like someone said before (I'm sorry, I'm bad with names) The $100 I spent before is not an issue. It's been gone soooo long I've forgotten about it. Another $60 isn't going to kill me. Cuz I be an learnded indaviduous, uh individur, uh person.... and can afferd $60 fer ma faverite picture tube shaw!!!!

Anyway... I think I've really lost my brain now, so I'll go.

Good luck to all.

"It can't rain all the time"
(Unless you fall asleep in the shower) :D

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 17th 2002, 8:34 pm

Yes, I am still playing the sadistic AU game. The latest news is mildly encouraging, but I can still see all kinds of things going wrong:
  • AU's payment to BMG bounces.
    The truck from BMG with the dvds collides with another truck carrying nuclear waste, contaminating the sets for the next 200 years.
    AU collapses leaving no one to ship the sets.
    AU screws up the shipping info and sends all the dvds to Patagonia.
    Ross Rojek swells to 3000 times his normal size and rampages through downtown Tokyo.
That last one wouldn't stop the dvds, but haven't we all had enough mass destruction from Ross?

Oh, and regarding the lunchboxes, did you know that piracy is still thriving in the waters around southeast Asia? If they ever get made, I hope the cargo ship is either very fast, hires a gang of vicious mercenaries, or pays its "protection" money. Just thought I'd be thorough while I'm naysaying. :?

On a related topic: Is it possible that Winnie Holzman angered an evil sorceror and got cursed circa 1993? Something like, "May your next project forever get the worst possible treatment from the Powers That Be!" :(
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain