who here still hasn't cancelled

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
bobis111
Nicky Driscoll

Post by bobis111 » Oct 17th 2002, 3:56 pm

am i the only one who's still waiting it out?

Leslie
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Leslie » Oct 17th 2002, 3:58 pm

I still have my order with AU (I Pre-pre ordered and paid $100), but I have also placed an order with Amazon.....If there is not some confirmation on the lunchbox and bonus disk by Mon. I will cancel my AU order and just go with Amazon

Denie
Between Names

Re: who here still hasn't cancelled

Post by Denie » Oct 17th 2002, 4:00 pm

bobis111 wrote:am i the only one who's still waiting it out?
I haven't cancelled. Well, I did but changed my mind this morning. I'm so confused...I don't know what to do. BMG has been paid, but what about GWhiz? It's not worth me ordering the DVD through AU if I can't get the lunchbox (& bonus disc.)
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Chaser
Tino

Post by Chaser » Oct 17th 2002, 4:03 pm

I'm still waiting. I figure there is no point preordering from multiple places. If Amazon ships before AU does then I will happily cancel my AU order and get it from Amazon. Plus if by some miracle the bonus disc and lunch box do happen I don't want to miss out!
~Trina
"Not too fast, not too slow. The confidence to make the steps your own."

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Oct 17th 2002, 4:23 pm

I'm with Leslie--still an order at AU, now also an order at Amazon. I figure that by November 19th, when the Amazon DVD's are supposed to ship, SOMETHING should have happened. In the meantime, I'm just crossing my fingers and praying.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 17th 2002, 4:32 pm

I'm still waiting it out, havent ordered from amazon yet, don't know if i will. Well i will if AU falls through.

I think i am just really curious to see how this turns out.

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Oct 17th 2002, 4:58 pm

I've got an order at both Amazon and AU now. The money that I've paid AU isn't really an issue anymore. I paid for it so long ago that I don't really miss the 90 bucks or whatever it was. I just want the dvd's. I'm kind of hoping that I will get the dvd's from AU before the Amazon release date, and then I can just cancel my Amazon order. I don't want to have to deal with trying to cancel my AU order- even though I hate the idea of those crooks getting one cent of my money. But I'm sure they spent the money the did get from me about 8 months ago. Blah. :roll:

ErichH0374
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ErichH0374 » Oct 17th 2002, 4:58 pm

I'm waiting it out because, It's been this long, why stop now....Also, the card I had paid with was a debit card to an account that is no longer in existenz...I also want the damn bonus disc and lunchbox....I just want my crap and I want it now.....
"Without Dreamers, How can there be any Dreams?"

janita
Nicky Driscoll

Post by janita » Oct 17th 2002, 5:06 pm

I haven't cancelled either. I'm still trying to get back my $115.00 overcharge and, at this point, don't want to start emailing and calling AU about something else.

neal
Jody Barsh

Re: who here still hasn't cancelled

Post by neal » Oct 17th 2002, 5:14 pm

I still haven't cancelled my order. I called AU a couple of days ago and was told that I will get a whole bunch of stuff (lunchbox, t-shirt, gift cert, authenticity cert, bonus disc, free shipping, and something else) and that the DVDs would be coming soon. I am not saying that its true or I believe them, I am just saying that is what they told me.

I have been reading the forum for a couple of months (first time posting) and have been thoroughly entertained. Although I am sort of annoyed that I was double-charged (still unresolved) and that it has taken much longer than promised, I want to stick it out until I can definitely order from amazon. If I can get it from amazon (not pre-order) I will get it if my shipment from AU is not on its way. Hopefully me Credit Card company will duke it out for me if i cancel, but i am not sure.

The really odd thing is that my anticipation to watch the DVD is increasing more and more everyday. I have a bunch of friends that are gonna join me in watching all the episodes some weekend and they are even more anxious than I am. I have even deprived myself of watching the VHS copies I own (the RED and BLUE sets).

Anyway, I will only cancel my order with AU when BestBuy or Amazon verify that they are available (not pre-order) and I can get it the next day.
No one should hate... who they are.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 17th 2002, 5:31 pm

Yes, I'm one of the suckers :P I am waiting. Got a good offer from Amazon though but I think I might as well skip the whole thing if this doesn't work.

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 17th 2002, 5:34 pm

still sticking with AU.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

BizyBee
Tino

Post by BizyBee » Oct 17th 2002, 5:46 pm

StrawberryGirl wrote:I've got an order at both Amazon and AU now. The money that I've paid AU isn't really an issue anymore. I paid for it so long ago that I don't really miss the 90 bucks or whatever it was. I just want the dvd's. I'm kind of hoping that I will get the dvd's from AU before the Amazon release date, and then I can just cancel my Amazon order. I don't want to have to deal with trying to cancel my AU order- even though I hate the idea of those crooks getting one cent of my money. But I'm sure they spent the money the did get from me about 8 months ago. Blah. :roll:
What StrawberryGirl said, except that I haven't put in my order to Amazon yet. I'm going to though, for backup purposes! :roll:

Shlugen
Tino

Post by Shlugen » Oct 17th 2002, 5:53 pm

I cancelled my order yesterday but called today to un-cancel it. I've heard the horror stories and don't want to deal with fighting to get my money back. I guess I'll just ride it out and see where things end up. "Whatever happens, happens."
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 17th 2002, 6:00 pm

I have preordered at Amazon, but I haven't cancelled my AU order yet. Why? Because I'm a sucker! Actually I was waiting for that Wednesday deadline - a great excuse to procrastinate. On top of that all the stories about cancelling an order only to be told it was never cancelled in the system made me fear I would never get my money back, and honestly I didn't want to deal with AU and frustrate myself further. Now that I'm hearing these GREAT stories about Wade telling customers to call their CC companies, *sigh*

I surrender. Someone, anyone, just gimme those DVDs so that I never have to deal with AU again.