AMAZON MSCL DVD SALES RANK

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Amazon

Post by Anakin » Oct 7th 2002, 11:39 pm

Amazon stated the DVD will be released on 5 Nov there, would people buy the DVD at Amazon get the DVD even earlier than we fans pre-ordered the DVD on Feb/Mar at AU? They are even paying a lower price and free shipping!
Any staff from AU could give us an response? Ross?
Would AU try to compensate us for giving out free shipping?
Did AU found that it is unfair to all who pre-ordered and been waited for so long?
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 7th 2002, 11:54 pm

Yes will be doing free shipping. No Amazon will not be shipping them before we do.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 8th 2002, 1:02 am

Ross Rojek wrote:Yes will be doing free shipping. No Amazon will not be shipping them before we do.
Now is that free shipping for just the original pre orderers back in Feb/March etc? I thought they were already getting that.

And since you already charged me for shipping can i expect a credit to my debit for the shipping (hardy har har)?

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 10th 2002, 10:05 am

Bloody hell! The sales rank for DVDs this morning puts MSCL at #77.

So, now, the whole world is gonna get the DVDs soon and at a cheap price. That is, everyone except for the diehard fans who ordered back in February.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 10th 2002, 10:06 am

socalledfan wrote:Bloody hell! The sales rank for DVDs this morning puts MSCL at #77.

So, now, the whole world is gonna get the DVDs soon and at a cheap price. That is, everyone except for the diehard fans who ordered back in February.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
....or for that matter, anyone who has ordered them since, from AU.
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 4:12 pm

FYI - MSCL is now ranked #49 at amazon. I would like to think that is partially due to some love that we shared.

:wink:

Flagg
Tino

Post by Flagg » Oct 16th 2002, 4:41 pm

pgh_kenny wrote: i am saying that we were kind of like "investors" in this project... but we get no returns. i fully support capitalism - but i now believe that fan involvement and capitalism are NOT compatible. i've got a headache............
Well, Ross DID put OUR stolen money into CD's, so you are right, we ARE investors with no return whatsoever. =)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 7:07 pm

MSCL is now #45 at amazon, and if you allow for the fact that there are several DVDs in the top 50 which have multiple entries (regular vs. collector's edition, widescreen versions vs. full screen, etc) like Spiderman (3 versions), Lord of the Rings (3 versions), Star Wars (Ep 1 - 1 version, Ep 2 - 2 versions), Scooby Doo (2 versions), E.T. (2 versions), etc. that's pretty damn impressive.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 16th 2002, 9:41 pm

amazon rank is at 41, let's keep an eye on that if ross doesn't
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 5th 2021, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 17th 2002, 9:33 am

Just for fun (yeah, call me geek ;-)) I wrote a little script which checks the amazon sales rank every full hour.

You can see the output here: http://www.mscl.com/mall/amazon_rank.log

I started the script just a few minutes ago, so there's not much to see right now... :-)

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 17th 2002, 9:49 am

sab wrote:Just for fun (yeah, call me geek ;-)) I wrote a little script which checks the amazon sales rank every full hour.

You can see the output here: http://www.mscl.com/mall/amazon_rank.log

I started the script just a few minutes ago, so there's not much to see right now... :-)
Awesome! Now that you've done that, you know I am going to have to post a daily graph charting the sales rank progress.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 17th 2002, 10:20 am

Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 21st 2021, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 17th 2002, 10:22 am

Since we are used to looking at a lot of stock charts that look like that image, you should clarify that a lower rank is *good*

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 17th 2002, 10:24 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Since we are used to looking at a lot of stock charts that look like that image, you should clarify that a lower rank is *good*
good point, i'll fix it. the bonus here is that working in excel actually makes it seem to my coworkers that i am not just fooling around.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 17th 2002, 10:38 am

pgh_kenny wrote:the bonus here is that working in excel actually makes it seem to my coworkers that i am not just fooling around.
Word. :D

(That pic of you and your wife is adorable! *hoping that's your wife!* :wink: )
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."