DVD and other notes

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

DVD and other notes

Post by mglenn » Jan 23rd 2001, 3:54 pm

Hey all,

Your friendly neiborhood Project Manager here. Just wanted to give you guys/girls a heads up. First off the DVD boxed set:

I've sworn that I won't tell much, suffice to say that our contact is workin hard and things are lookin good at this point. But you guys can help us out by takin the latest survey. <a href="http://www.mscl.com/poll/dvdsurvey.phtm ... y.phtml</a>. Were helpin to prove to BMG management that their numbers are not correct and to attain the correct numbers.

On other notes: We've added a new feature to the site that if more than one person is on the site it should be displayed at the bottom of the pages... Once again it only displays if more that one person is on so if you don't see it your the only one on the site. I hope that this can be used to get more people meeting in the chat room.

Even more... myself, Sacsha, and Digo are planing to update the server to the latest versions of Apache, MySQL, and PHP so stay turned for some more new features and lots of new bells and whisles! One of the features that I'm really lookin forward to is an RSS/RDF feed of the newschannel and the fanfiction news. If you've never heard of RSS/RDF its a standard that allows people to import out news and updates to display on their sites (like my.netscape.com) or PDA's. Yummmmmy, mscl on my palm! =)

As always we would like to hear from you what new features you'd like to see on the site.

Mike Glenn
Project Manager for MSCL.COM

richard
Liberty High Student

Re: DVD and other notes

Post by richard » Jan 24th 2001, 5:27 pm

Since you now have that very clever feature to show how many people are where (although it doesn't seem to work in the forum) Why not make it so that people can 'ping' other people on the site, to invite them in to the chat room - it must be possible with JavaScript or something???

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: DVD and other notes

Post by Sascha » Jan 25th 2001, 9:53 am

I've been thinking about this "ping"-feature too, and I have already an idea how to implement it.
As soon as we have upgraded our server with newer software versions, I'll look into it again.

And yes, the "people count"-script doesn't work in the forum and on some other pages. Yet.

Sascha.