new members

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

new members

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 15th 2002, 3:50 pm

It seems that every day we break the record for "most members online" - I can tell you that this kind of event is celebrated at other boards while here we don't make a peep about the fact that we had 55 people all on the forum at the same time!

Now for all you new people, I know that your main concern is the DVDs but remember WHY you want the DVDs - because MSCL was a great show with a great fan base. In other words, come for the DVDs but stay for the show.

Since you are waiting, why not spend some time reading the OTHER forums like "the show" or "off topic" and interact with other forum members in fun threads?

We want to know if you think Angela ultimately chose Brian or Jordan. We want to know about your favorite jokes. We want to know what 10 songs you would take to a desert island. And sooooo much more!

*grumble grumble - I bet more of the new people would see this if I "accidentally" posted it in the DVD forum *

lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Hell yeah

Post by lizardcub » Oct 15th 2002, 6:44 pm

Kudos to you, Candy Girl. I'd just been thinking the same thing.

It shouldn't be a surprise that MSCL is the first fan-driven DVD project...not when you consider how, in all the years since the show ran, people from all over the world have come together online to talk about everything under the sun related to their mutual love for the show. And with good reason. It's a damn fine show, and it's obviously one that really, really speaks to a great many people.

I think one of the most exciting things about the DVDs will be not just getting the disks, though oh, how I've wanted them, but if having the show in their lives again brings people out of the woodwork. I know it's kind of bizarre, but online MSCL communities have really meant a lot to me over the past six years (since I was 13!). I'd love to see more people getting involved in that, and with all the new people on the boards, this has got to be the best time for that to happen.

This website is absolutely amazing in the breadth of material here. I really encourage everyone who's come for DVD information to take a minute to look around the site and the rest of the forums. Pretty much no matter what you're looking for, if it's got to do with MSCL, you'll find it here. (My favorite section is the Library!) And I hope you'll stick around and get to know your fellow fans as well.

(Sorry this turned into such a LONG and, um, mushy response!)
Elizabeth

EmmBee
Liberty High Student

Post by EmmBee » Oct 15th 2002, 6:53 pm

I came to find out what was up with the DVDs, but I'm sure I'll stick around past their eventual release to post. I for one, am looking forward to seeing the show again after more than 4 years. And of course, talking about it.

Once the DVDs come out, I'm sure there will be lively conversations in sections other than DVD as people revisit the show, and remember just what made them love it so much.

Also, candygirl, anyone who likes MSCL and Buffy is cool by me. ^_^

lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Off-topic

Post by lizardcub » Oct 15th 2002, 7:00 pm

EmmBee wrote:Also, candygirl, anyone who likes MSCL and Buffy is cool by me. ^_^
Word.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 15th 2002, 7:24 pm

Thanks girls! That is exactly what I'm talking about - I found two more people who love two things that I love!

:D

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 16th 2002, 2:35 am

I come for the DVD forum; I stay for the leg room! :D

I too enjoy other fine TV programs like Buffy, Angel, X-Files, Star Trek in its many incarnations, etc. but can you imagine posting on a board for one of those. Trying to be heard over 80 zillion other fans all typing simultaneously. Granted, we could use some fresh blood around here, but I kinda like the cozy atmosphere. I think one of the old-timers once described the (pre-dvd) forum as an exclusive club, since few people ever saw MSCL, and fewer still know about this site. Of course, if MSCL was more popular, we'd still be watching new episodes instead of waxing nostalgic here! I guess obscurity is a curse and a blessing... :roll:

Anyway, I doubt that the other topics will ever reach the critical mass of the dvd forum, so by all means, add your two cents! I could use a good philosophical conversation. And remember to tell us about your avatar... you've got a lot of explaining to do... :wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 1:02 pm

Nostradamus wrote:I too enjoy other fine TV programs like Buffy, Angel, X-Files, Star Trek in its many incarnations, etc. but can you imagine posting on a board for one of those. Trying to be heard over 80 zillion other fans all typing simultaneously.
Seriously, I can't keep track of who's who at some of those other boards - there are just soooooo many people and so much going on. If I am gone for more than a day, I just give up on trying to catch up!

Of course, that's how the DVD forum is these days. :wink:

arnesbarnes
Tino

Post by arnesbarnes » Oct 16th 2002, 1:54 pm

I haven't seen any MSCL since it was broadcast here in the UK, so pretty much all I remember about it is that I loved it! I'm not even sure that I managed to catch all the episodes, so I've been salivating at the thought of these DVDs. :P

When I (eventually) get to watch it again, I will certainly be back to share some opinions. And I'll find myself a cool avatar too (although I'm not sure I can top yours for coolness, Candygirl!) :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 1:59 pm

Welcome arnesbarnes! Put up your feet, make yourself at home, tell us all about yourself!

:D

I haven't watched MSCL for a while - I gave my entire set to my sister when I moved. Sometimes when I need a fix, I go read the transcripts.

:wink:

Glad so many people seem to like my new avatar. It was for purely selfish reasons - every time I post I get to see Spike looking up at me words. Mmmm.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 16th 2002, 2:31 pm

candygirl wrote: Glad so many people seem to like my new avatar. It was for purely selfish reasons - every time I post I get to see Spike looking up at me words. Mmmm.
Candygirl -
Are you a "Spuffy" fan? What do you think about the things Cassie told Spike in last nights ep?

Yeah, I know it's off topic. But I'm feeling naughty today! :wink:
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

you sassy girl!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 2:48 pm

I think the general OT rule here is that as long as the original post in the thread belongs in that forum, it's okay to drift! :wink:

I am sick - I want what I can't have which is why I'm a Spuffy shipper! I don't see it happening any time soon, but a girl can dream. So of course I was hoping that Cassie was referring to Buffy being the one who will tell him, but who knows?

My fear is that with SMG not signed on after this season to pursue her movie career, Angel's statement to Spike in S2 "To kill this girl, you have to love her," and the fact that Buffy is the only "human" Spike's chip allows him to fight -----> big leap here, I'm afraid that Spike will have to kill her at the end of this season! :shock: Then again, can Joss kill her off a THIRD time?

Denie
Between Names

Re: you sassy girl!

Post by Denie » Oct 16th 2002, 7:24 pm

I've been watching Buffy since ep 1 and if there is anything I've learned through the years, it's that Joss loves to torment us viewers. And from what I hear he hates happy endings. So your "leap" may not be so "big" after all!
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

EmmBee
Liberty High Student

Post by EmmBee » Oct 16th 2002, 10:25 pm

Another Spuffy shipper here. ^_^

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Buffy and other topics

Post by lance » Oct 31st 2002, 8:53 pm

Hello all,

I too am a MSCL and Buffy fan. I am just finishing this fall semester of library school. I will actually have more time to watch TV, at least until Winter semester starts.

Anywho, I also like to watch Angel and Farscape. I currently involved in the effort to save Farscape for a 5th season. I hope this effort turns out better then my earlier effort to save MSCL.

Speaking of off topic...Candygirl, I did see that Buffy episode with Cassie. Cassie seemed to say to Spike that Buffy would say that she loved him. Knowing how twisted Joss's storylines go I envision Spike saving Buffy only to get staked. Buffy clutches his ashes and then says," I love you." Personally I would rather see Buffy and Spike ride off into the sunset, I mean full moon at the end of this season.

All the best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Buffy and other topics

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 31st 2002, 8:58 pm

lance wrote:Cassie seemed to say to Spike that Buffy would say that she loved him. Knowing how twisted Joss's storylines go I envision Spike saving Buffy only to get staked. Buffy clutches his ashes and then says," I love you." Personally I would rather see Buffy and Spike ride off into the sunset, I mean full moon at the end of this season.
I was picturing Spike forced to fight BB Buffy and at the climax of the violence, the mojo turns BB Buffy back into regular Buffy (does this sound too much like the S2 finale? I'm a recycler, plus that ep made me cry like a girlie girl) and she whispers, "I love you" (an "I'm sorry" would work there too) as she dies in his arms.

:cry: