MSCL available for pre-order at Bestbuy.com

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
bellacat
Tino

MSCL available for pre-order at Bestbuy.com

Post by bellacat » Oct 14th 2002, 3:31 pm

You can pre-order the dvd at Bestbuy.com for $67.99. Shipping is free. 11/12/02 is the release date. I am not sure if it will be in the stores.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 14th 2002, 3:44 pm

Thanks, I'm adding it to the FAQ.

BTW, they also have a better image of the Box cover:

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 14th 2002, 7:00 pm

Is it just on their website, or will BestBuy actually have it on the shelves in their retail stores?

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 14th 2002, 9:09 pm

It is extraordinarily rare for an item to be available only at BB's website and not in stores. This could be the exception, but with Christmas coming up, BB might want to put at least one copy in each store.

Y'know, for the Ventura-distributed American Idol release coming into stores tomorrow, BB got produced an exclusive bonus disc, just for copies they sell...

By-the-by, here is the link!
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

justjill
Tino

Post by justjill » Oct 15th 2002, 2:40 pm

Someone just asked whether the box set would be available in Best Buy stores...I'm wondering the same thing about Barnes & Noble stores?

I am an employee of the Music/DVD dept. at a B&N store and I would love the idea of being able to use my employee discount on the box set (alas, employees do not get a discount for online purchases, for some odd reason.)

Flagg
Tino

Post by Flagg » Oct 15th 2002, 2:48 pm

Actually, it's fairly common for bestbuy.com to carry the more obscure boxsets, and not carry them in the stores.

Last week I was looking for the new Doctor Who "Key to Time" series 6-disk set, which is arguably more popular than MSCL would be, released by Warner Bros., and it was available for online purchase but not available in the stores.

Anyway, I'm a former lurker here who pre-ordered from AU back on 2/20 and just cancelled yesterday. Hopefully I will actually see a refund.

I pre-ordered from Amazon.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 16th 2002, 11:22 am

Actually, it's fairly common for bestbuy.com to carry the more obscure boxsets, and not carry them in the stores.

Last week I was looking for the new Doctor Who "Key to Time" series 6-disk set, which is arguably more popular than MSCL would be, released by Warner Bros., and it was available for online purchase but not available in the stores.
Funny, I saw the Key To Time giftset in two different Best Buy stores here in Memphis "hicksville" Tennessee this past weekend! :eek:
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

Flagg
Tino

Post by Flagg » Oct 16th 2002, 11:28 am

Well, not at MY Best Buy stores. =) and the website specifically said that the set was NOT available for in-store pickup. Maybe that has changed since I checked a week or 2 ago.

Raptor3076
Tino

Post by Raptor3076 » Oct 16th 2002, 11:37 am

Pre-orders on bestbuy.com never can be picked up in the store till after the day they are released. They do this with all of the preorders, if you look at some of the other movies that are not yet out you will find the same thing on all of them.

Flagg
Tino

Post by Flagg » Oct 16th 2002, 11:42 am

I wasn't talking about a preorder. The Dr. Who set I mentioned had already been released when I checked for it on the Best Buy website. Apparently Best buy is just SLOW to stock this type of dvd set, cause the release date was 10/1 and I checked for it around 10/8 and it was still not available in stores.

So I guess I must retract my earlier statement, and maybe Best Buy WILL stock the MSCL box set. I hope they do.

Raptor3076
Tino

Post by Raptor3076 » Oct 16th 2002, 3:24 pm

You are correct about them being slow to stock not in high demand stuff. I think if a title is not a big buget new movie they most of the time take forever and a day to get things in. I don't remember the title but a few months back a catalog title was coming out that I wanted to get and it took them 1 1/2 months to get it in and by that time I had found it online for less anyway.