Why is it so hard to find the videos/dvds in britain?

Looking for "My So-Called Life" items or willing to part with one?
Forum rules
Please note that we will delete all requests or offers for illegal bootleg copies of the show or bonus materials.
Jon_uk
Tino

Why is it so hard to find the videos/dvds in britain?

Post by Jon_uk » Sep 7th 2000, 8:40 pm

ok.i've now been searching this internet thing for hours trying tofind a british company that sell the videos or dvds (preferably vidoes) does anyone know where i can get them from???

richard
Liberty High Student

Re: Why is it so hard to find the videos/dvds in britain?

Post by richard » Sep 8th 2000, 10:17 am

I got the DVD from DVD Express (I think - whoever had it out first anyway) And the videos from Amazon.Com, both I just paid a bit to get shipped accross the channel. Most places will ship - just ensure you can play NTSC if you get the video

Jon_uk
Tino

Post by Jon_uk » Sep 8th 2000, 10:34 am

Whats ntsc?? and is it rute that US vids don't play on UK video players, or is that a malicous rumour, circulated by the evil capitalists?

richard
Liberty High Student

Post by richard » Sep 8th 2000, 11:16 am

NTSC (or Never The Same Colour) is the Television standard in america - it has about 29.7 frames per second. English TV uses PAL which has 25 Frames per second, and so you can not play American videos on many English VCRs, you may find, however, that your video can play NTSC as many modern ones are now dual band - it should mention NTSC somewhere on the case if this is the case.

All DVD players include circuits that convert the signal, but are locked so as not to play disks other than those licenced for the relevant region. Luckily the MSCL DVD is region 0 and so can play on any DVD player - worldwide - including of course England.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Jon_uk
Tino

Post by Jon_uk » Sep 8th 2000, 7:45 pm

Much appreciate the help you have already given me, and this honestly is the last question i promise, well actaully last questons. But was wondering where you got yours from, and how much you paid, oh and also how many vidoes there where?

richard
Liberty High Student

Post by richard » Sep 8th 2000, 8:05 pm

I got the videos from Amazon.com, and they were shipped in a couple of weeks. The DVD I got from DVD express I think, again paying for shipping, but I can't remember how much.

The news channel lists the cheapest places to get the DVD and the few places that still stock the video.

I do have the extra 7 on VHS Pal but they vary in quality from good to awful (where my aerial fell over)

rw