Amazon.com pre-order

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.

Have you pre-ordered with amazon.com?

Yes, I have
61%
No, I haven't
9%
Not yet, but I am going to
24%
No, I'm sticking with AU
6%

Total votes: 33

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Amazon.com pre-order

Post by So-Called Angel » Oct 12th 2002, 12:50 pm

Just wondering how many people have pre-ordered with amazon.com.

I did so this morning and I must say that I felt quite relieved after doing so. Now I just have to get my money back from AU. Yeah, right!
"See, I have this philosophy......."

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 12th 2002, 1:19 pm

i almost have....everytime i get to the procced to checkout..and then my internet freezes...or i discover the 10% didnt go through...

sometime i will be purchasing the set

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 12th 2002, 1:37 pm

just ordered!!! i feel soooo relieved...i haven't cancelled yet but i'm going to!!! :)

mikeyled36
Nicky Driscoll

Post by mikeyled36 » Oct 12th 2002, 1:55 pm

I did. My total price with free shipping was $55.74!! I used the 10% Share the Love discount and the $5.00 off code that was posted. It took a few trys to get all the discounts to show up but it finally did. YOu gotta click the "learn more" tab about the Share the Love discount and it will tell you how to redeem a discount sent to you. Just follow what it says. and Don't forget the $5.00 code that is good until Oct.31st......it should still be on the first or second page of this thread!

Mikey from Alabama

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 12th 2002, 2:12 pm

i'm really surprised that more people haven't done the pre-order with amazon.com. is this like a massive case of denial going on? hello, it should be apparent that au is not going to be able to fulfill any orders. someone posted on here that the real hook for them were the lunchbox and bonus disk- pardonez moi? kiss those bad boys goodbye, and instead focus on what we can do to show rojek just how wrong this was of him to do. retribution can be a great group activity! :lol:

-kassandra
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 12th 2002, 2:16 pm

ps- if the bonus disk is sooooo important, whenever one is done someone can rip and distribute it via kazaa, winmx, dc, etc. that is unless jason finds a way to author one, in which case i'll gladly pay for it. btw, jason, the scruffy thing really isn't such a great idea if your wife is going to see red over it. :)
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 12th 2002, 2:59 pm

sticking with AU. this may be a dumb question, but wouldnt amazon and AU get the stuff at the same time? i mean, if the sets not finished, how could amazon ship it first? also is the set the same? do you get the lunch box and the bonus disc. if you were part of the first 2500 pre order from AU, witch i was, i think it would be better to stick with it for the certificate and the t-shirt. just my opinion.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 12th 2002, 3:02 pm

I've already posted this here. If AU does not pay BMG, their entire order of discs will go to Ventura. Ventura retailers will receive the sets first.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 12th 2002, 3:42 pm

I just pre-ordered from Amazon. I am not planning on cancelling my order with AU until Wednesday, which is when Jason will tell us if BMG has been paid. I feel like an asshat, though, b/c I didn't know about the $5.00 off, nor did I get the 10% discount. :oops:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 12th 2002, 4:05 pm

As of this writing, the Amazon sales rank is 42

I will eat my hat if this does not turn into a top 10. Of course, they aren't making money at that price, but still.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 12th 2002, 4:12 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:As of this writing, the Amazon sales rank is 42

I will eat my hat if this does not turn into a top 10. Of course, they aren't making money at that price, but still.
They probably make money from customers like me, who shop there often and can never seem to buy just 1 or 2 items. I just pre-ordered the MSCL DVD, in addition to a few others.
I will wait to see what happens on Monday with Ross's (unconfirmed) meeting with BMG before cancelling my order with AU.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 12th 2002, 4:16 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I've already posted this here. If AU does not pay BMG, their entire order of discs will go to Ventura. Ventura retailers will receive the sets first.

crap, guess i didnt see that post :oops: man, that kind of blows. well, ill stick with AU still, unless it is ansoulutly hopless in getting the set within this year.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

brubrodksy
Tino

Post by brubrodksy » Oct 12th 2002, 4:52 pm

Megs wrote:I just pre-ordered from Amazon. I am not planning on cancelling my order with AU until Wednesday, which is when Jason will tell us if BMG has been paid. I feel like an asshat, though, b/c I didn't know about the $5.00 off, nor did I get the 10% discount. :oops:

You can cancel your current Amazon preorder and then do another preorder; this time using the 10% and $5 discounts. That's what I did. This way you get the very cheapest price. Your old order will be confirmed as cancelled by e-mail and your new cheaper order will also be confirmed. Try it.

Sammy Jankis
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Sammy Jankis » Oct 12th 2002, 5:30 pm

brubrodksy wrote:
Megs wrote:I just pre-ordered from Amazon. I am not planning on cancelling my order with AU until Wednesday, which is when Jason will tell us if BMG has been paid. I feel like an asshat, though, b/c I didn't know about the $5.00 off, nor did I get the 10% discount. :oops:

You can cancel your current Amazon preorder and then do another preorder; this time using the 10% and $5 discounts. That's what I did. This way you get the very cheapest price. Your old order will be confirmed as cancelled by e-mail and your new cheaper order will also be confirmed. Try it.
Yes, that's what I did as well. Amazing, how easy it is to cancel with some e-tailers...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 12th 2002, 5:53 pm

special_k wrote:i'm really surprised that more people haven't done the pre-order with amazon.com. is this like a massive case of denial going on? hello, it should be apparent that au is not going to be able to fulfill any orders. someone posted on here that the real hook for them were the lunchbox and bonus disk- pardonez moi? kiss those bad boys goodbye, and instead focus on what we can do to show rojek just how wrong this was of him to do. retribution can be a great group activity! :lol:

-kassandra
If you consider that there are now more than 600 registered members at this website (and over 100 of those are new members who registered in the last two weeks, most likely because of the DVD forum), AND there are usually about 10 guests (unregistered people who are reading) but there are about 20 people who post regularly, I think it's fair to assume there are a lot of people who have pre-ordered from Amazon but haven't posted anything about it in the forum. Those new kids are so shy! :wink:

In other words, MSCL didn't jump to #43 because a bunch of their regular customers discovered it - I would bet it's because a LOT of us have preordered and told all of our friends about it. Yay us! :D