Late Night Update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 8th 2002, 6:08 pm

Ross this is a question for you, hopefully you can answer it.

As i've posted before, i am one of the people who have ordered my set at AU but did it more recently [like 4-5 weeks ago]. Now with that said its clear i didnt make the pre-order so i dont get a lunch box, but now im hearing everyone will get a lunchbox that has ordered at AU? or something like that i can't quite remember, anyhow, do we all get lunchboxes? Although i feel people who had pre-ordered this set or getting ROYALLY screwed sometimes i feel im getting even more screwed if im only getting the behind the scenes bonus dvd, and for how much more now from the other websites selling the sets? like 45-50 bucks more?
WHAT KIND OF STUFF SHOULD WE BE LOOKING FORWARD TO WITH OREDERING OUR SETS THROUGH AU? Are you taking the price down? or are you going to give us a simple t-s**t/trinkett, that is not worth 45-50$$????
please respond

rainydayjanes
Nicky Driscoll

Post by rainydayjanes » Oct 8th 2002, 6:25 pm

I don't know. The more I read the less I think there's anything that can make this up to me. Certainly not a gift certificate--although there are titles I might purchase from AU, I'd rather purchase them from someone I can trust with my credit card number. I'd probably just give the gift certificate to someone I didn't like very much.

The thing I really want? Is an actual, sincere, detailed apology. With an explanation and an acknowledgement of... you know, f***-up-itude. A little humility would go a long way. On the other hand, I'm still seriously considering cancelling my order. Particularly if the bonus disk is freaking home-made. And for whatever reason, the fact that Ross keeps coming in and either ignoring questions, or halfway answering them, or appearing to answer them but not actually answering them, or, worse, saying "I have news!" and then never telling us what it is... it's incredibly freakin' irking. I hate being toyed with. I HATE it.

Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 8th 2002, 6:31 pm

"I hate being toyed with. I HATE it."

Amen, brother. Or sister. Whichever you are.

I've had ex-girlfriends who didn't f*** me around as much as this.

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Oct 8th 2002, 7:34 pm

Well this is my first post here.

I have been treated pretty squarely, I only got doule charged once and it was refunded ages ago. I am just concerned. I mean here I thought I was going to get an exclusive set, but now I am not. Plus I thought this was the only way to get it. If I had known Amamzon would have it I would have never ordered it from AU. And it seems like I will never receive my bonus disk or lunch box, or the episodes for that matter. I could have gotten the same set on Amazon for less. Plus I am a pretty poor person. I barely make ends meet as a struggling animator. I could really use and extra $30.00 right now. Baiscally the only thing that would make me happy is a refund of some money. How about a t-shirt? But, a gift certificate, oh please! Why would I ever do business with AU again, even if it is free. I just want my stuff. I thought I would already have it. I mean I sold my tapes on e-bay months ago thinking I would have my discs soon. Frankly I am tired of watching the first three episodes. I want the discs and the lunch box so I am stuck with AU, but I am not happy, WHERE ARE MY DISCS AND LUNCH BOX? This is so stupid. Can't you people just deliver on a simple request.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 8th 2002, 9:11 pm

I won't be happy until AU goes out of business.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

angels_exist
Tino

Amazon, if only........

Post by angels_exist » Oct 8th 2002, 9:15 pm

AU doesn't deserve my money or anyone else's if they can't conduct business in a professional manner--I don't care if they're throwing in a date with Claire Danes/Jared Leto (your choice) and a lifetime supply of Crimson Glow. Thankfully the option of Amazon has arisen

If only i could get the DVD's region 2 (UK) on Amazon, i would totally be with you on this one.

Has anyone seen Region 0/ Region 2 Discounted somewhere??

Hopefully,
:roll: :(
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it was, you're lucky to get out alive."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Amazon, if only........

Post by Jason R » Oct 8th 2002, 9:18 pm

these discs are all region zero. the discs are listed incorrectly by ventura. i think companies should know what they are selling, but hey, what do I know?

angels_exist
Tino

Post by angels_exist » Oct 8th 2002, 9:20 pm

angels_exist wrote:
AU doesn't deserve my money or anyone else's if they can't conduct business in a professional manner--I don't care if they're throwing in a date with Claire Danes/Jared Leto (your choice) and a lifetime supply of Crimson Glow. Thankfully the option of Amazon has arisen

If only i could get the DVD's region 2 (UK) on Amazon, i would totally be with you on this one.

Hopefully,
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it was, you're lucky to get out alive."

angels_exist
Tino

Post by angels_exist » Oct 8th 2002, 9:22 pm

why have we not realised why they are called Another Universe......hmmmmmmm..........perhaps that's where the $&%* come from????

bluemmsrule
Tino

Trinket

Post by bluemmsrule » Oct 8th 2002, 9:56 pm

Would a trinket make up for this?

NO WAY.

And I have not been double-charged. I am furious at the way us customers are being treated. I pre-ordered in February and have been waiting ever since. It is inexcusable that we have all been promised this in June, then September then.....oh wait we still don't know.
Free shipping does nothing for me since I pre-ordered the day I got the email. I've had free shipping the whole time.
Would a gift certificate help.....hmmmm.
If it was over $30, it would help. Not completely, but it would show AU is trying. Something they haven't done so far.

I have an idea of a trinket that I would like. It wouldn't really fix this problem but.....does anyone else have the 6 videos released from BMG a few years back? There were cards in them that should've made a picture of the cast, but since the third was never released they are incomplete & useless. I wouldn't mind having the other cards. Just a thought.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 8th 2002, 10:30 pm

angels_exist wrote: If only i could get the DVD's region 2 (UK) on Amazon, i would totally be with you on this one.

Hopefully,
Jason has said several times that the discs Amazon will get are exactly the same as the AU ones, meaning they're region 0.

I surprised you don't have a multiregion player. I though those things were common on your side of the pond.

marquito
Jody Barsh

Re: Late Night Update

Post by marquito » Oct 8th 2002, 11:10 pm

andrewgd wrote:I think I need some lube for my ass at this point.
LOL!!!!! Ummm... how would...? Can't you... never mind.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 8th 2002, 11:57 pm

One of the reasons we can use a gift cert if that we do have thousands of items in stock. You may or may not like what we have, but its something we can offer.

Since most everyone here has made it fairly clear that there is very little we can do to make them happy, I'm going to do the best I can, make as many people as satisfied as I can, and finish the project.

That means everyone will get any outstanding credit owed, get the DVD set they ordered, get the bonus stuff we've told them they will get, plus other stuff we're adding on as a "we're sorry". Anyone who cancels, will get their credit and can order the set from anyone else they wish.

I spent most of the day clearing through all the requests for information, credit issues and the like. I'll continue to post new information here as it becomes available.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 9th 2002, 12:24 am

Ross Rojek wrote:Since most everyone here has made it fairly clear that there is very little we can do to make them happy, I'm going to do the best I can, make as many people as satisfied as I can, and finish the project.
Well, when you've proven over and over that you cannot be trusted, that tends to happen. Do we really need to go over how many times you've broken promises? I don't think there is one thing that AU has said that hasn't been a broken promise.

Now you want people to be satisfied with your service?

I, personally, would be satisfied with a large $30+ gift certificate that is followed up by expedient, trustworthy service (but I'm afraid that even if the money wasn't an issue, the trustworthiness would be too much for you to handle). Along with the fact that you are held responsible for stealing hundreds of people's money.

Then I'd be satisfied. :)

angels_exist
Tino

region 0/ region 2.....

Post by angels_exist » Oct 9th 2002, 3:05 am

Yeah, i know a few people who have "adjusted" their DVD player, so that they can play any region DVD. Unfortunately, i only have DVD player on my laptop, which as far as i'm aware, you cannot "adjust"!

On the Amazon website it says that the DVD's are region 1.

I know that the ones we have all ordered from AU are region 0, but it is weird that Amazon seem to be selling a regionally coded set..??

I hope Amazon have just made a mistake and that they are the region 0 DVD's.