Excuses for the incompetance of Another Universe?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Dreaming of Me
Nicky Driscoll

Excuses for the incompetance of Another Universe?

Post by Dreaming of Me » Oct 8th 2002, 12:05 am

I have a few questions. As we have all figured out now, Anotherunivese is not a very good online company.

Is the problem with there site? Is it the employees? Is the CEO asleep at the wheel?

What is their excuse for being so horrible? WHo do they blame for everything?

That is my first question

My second question is you said in another message that you will send it out faster than amazon, but don't you have less people than amazon? can't they send out 4,000 packages much faster than you? how are you going to insure that we get it before amazon, and if we don't get it before amazon, are you willing to give it to us for free?

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 8th 2002, 12:19 am

According to BMG today, no one other than ourselves will be getting it before November 19th at the earliest.

As in any organization, the ultimate responsibility lies with the owner or CEO. Therefore any blame that needs to be made ends up with me.

Dreaming of Me
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Dreaming of Me » Oct 8th 2002, 12:24 am

And if you don't beat amazon, are you going to give us all free sets? you didn't answer me but i was serious.

At least if you say yes it will make the wait more interesting. If i judge you from your company, you must be a very bad commander and chief. I don't mean to be rude but it is not like you should be proud of this or anything.

who else agrees with me? free sets if another universe doesn't beat amazon in sending the dvds?

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 8th 2002, 12:32 am

Dreaming of Me wrote:And if you don't beat amazon, are you going to give us all free sets? you didn't answer me but i was serious.
Haven't you already posted a couple of times that you canceled your order and had already ordered two sets from Amazon?

Or did you want to hedge your bet?

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 8th 2002, 12:40 am

Mistakes happen. AU has damaged their reputation with at least this segment beyond repair. Shopping on the internet is a two way street of trust. The merchant has to trust that you're not buying with a stolen or forged credit card and that you won't try to claim your delivered package was lost etc. And the customers have to trust that when something goes wrong the company will make it right.

I am not speaking of Ross' efforts now to personally address the overcharges. That is called damage control. Far too little too late. To do the right thing would have been to acknowledge the overcharges and not deliver some party line about an incompetent accounting or billing department needing to "process" double charges by hand. That's fraud. Clearly our credit card information continues to exist in the system. Clearly this company cannot be trusted with that information. After they realized they no longer had a monopoly on the basic product being offered they've realized they're up a brown creek without a paddle.

Why haven't I cancelled my order? Because I have no assurance of ever seeing my money again. All of my money. May as well stay in their system and pray for a miracle/delivery of goods.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 8th 2002, 12:47 am

Lurker1999 wrote:Why haven't I cancelled my order? Because I have no assurance of ever seeing my money again. All of my money. May as well stay in their system and pray for a miracle/delivery of goods.
As I pointed out in another thread, I'll mke sure your cancellation goes through and your money refunded. All you need to do is let me know via e-mail.

And that's not damage control. That's just making sure things get done. E-mail me at ross@anotheruniverse.com with your order number and let me know. That'll let you have the ability to order this from which ever vendor you'd rather use than us.

Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 8th 2002, 6:02 pm

Ross: I understand you want to be reassuring and open and stuff, and applaud that, but I've seen you say several times: if you want a refund, you can have it and buy from someone else.

I've not yet seen you even attempt to give a single reason to stick with you.

Let's have one! Or, admit there is no reason and we're getting ripped off, and then I'll happily email you with my cancellation.

All this drama has gone a bit over my head, I'll admit, and the whole affair seems at best incompetent and at worst fraudulent; but I'm willing to give AU the benefit of the doubt, and stick with them. But you have to give me a reason to!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 8th 2002, 6:05 pm

Ross Rojek wrote:As I pointed out in another thread, I'll mke sure your cancellation goes through and your money refunded. All you need to do is let me know via e-mail.

And that's not damage control. That's just making sure things get done.
Hmmm, didn't we hear this same song and dance when people were double and triple charged? And we see how well (and how quickly) THAT worked out for the customers.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 8th 2002, 6:33 pm

Bitterman wrote:I've not yet seen you even attempt to give a single reason to stick with you.

Let's have one! Or, admit there is no reason and we're getting ripped off, and then I'll happily email you with my cancellation.
1. Everyone will get the DVD set earlier than from anywhere else (though I still don't know by how much)

2. Everyone will get the lunchbox, bonus DVD and free shipping. Depending on how long it's been since you ordered, you'll get other bonus material (looking at a t-shirt and a gift cert of varying value).

3. We are working on something else to include for anyone who was double charged at any point during this project.

As for why I don't argue about someone want to cancel; I just want people to understand that we aren't going to hold up their credit, or anything else if they choose to order elsewhere. I'd like to not lose more orders, but also don't want to make it seem like I'm begging them not to go.

We got into this to put out a product that people wanted. We figured we could make some money and get some new customers.

Now I'm just trying to get it done, lose as little money as possible and keep as many customers as we can. And since we are going to be doing this again, fix all the problems before we announce that a new project is going to be available.

Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 8th 2002, 6:42 pm

(1) Good. Though, frankly, having ordered nine months early, to get something a week or two early, tops, is still very poor; better that than nothing, though, I suppose.

(2) Good. Though a gift certificate seems not so much ironic as insulting. A t-shirt sounds cool though - I guess I'm a slag for freebies.

(3) Doesn't apply to me, but I would suggest in a friendly manner that "working on something" is all well and good but nothing speaks louder than cold hard cash. Know what I mean? Especially given how long you've been "working on" the lunchbox, the bonus disc, and of course the set itself...

Please understand I'm trying desperately hard not to pile s**t on you here, but as you said in another thread, the buck does ultimately come to rest with you...

Eliott
Tino

Post by Eliott » Oct 8th 2002, 8:25 pm

If we cancel, do we get the entire money back? $79.98 + the original $20?

quagmire
Tino

Post by quagmire » Oct 8th 2002, 8:36 pm

I made my cancellation through the customer service form at http://www.anotheruniverse.com/help/au/contact_us.asp -- will that work or do I have to e-mail Ross as well? The promised turnaround at that page is 7 to 10 business days, and I'm wondering if my cancellation might not be processed before the item is due to ship.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 8th 2002, 9:34 pm

(looking at a t-shirt and a gift cert of varying value)
Gift certificate. HAH! Worthless...

Honestly, I would tear it to shreds and send you the pieces. Give us something of VALUE!

No, not a stock certificate for CMI Holdings, either. I'd just use that to wipe my bum with...
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 9th 2002, 9:54 am

abusive relationships generally are best left... empty words, rojek. ever read the emperor's new clothes as a kid? really, man- have you no shame? :wink:

-kassandra

Ross Rojek wrote:
Lurker1999 wrote:Why haven't I cancelled my order? Because I have no assurance of ever seeing my money again. All of my money. May as well stay in their system and pray for a miracle/delivery of goods.
As I pointed out in another thread, I'll mke sure your cancellation goes through and your money refunded. All you need to do is let me know via e-mail.

And that's not damage control. That's just making sure things get done.
E-mail me at ross@anotheruniverse.com with your order number and let me know. That'll let you have the ability to order this from which ever vendor you'd rather use than us.
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"