Confused RE: Amazon Listing

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 5th 2002, 9:09 am

David Lambert wrote:
I find it infinitely amusing that the early adopters who helped get this product off the ground, and arguably without whose support this DVD may not ever have gotten made, are getting shafted.

Don't you know that early adopters always get shafted?

Raise your hand if you bought a DVD player in 1997/98 and paid more than $300-400 for it. Raise your hand if you bought any recordable DVD player prior to 2002, and paid over $1000 for it.

Okay, I'm done here.

Agreed, but we're talking DVDs here, not new cutting edge hardware technology. Usually, when you pre-order a DVD from a site (which is what a lot of people did) you get a cheaper price. The infrastructure to create and package DVD already exists and has been streamlined. You also don't expect the horrendous level of customer service that AU is shoveling out.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 5th 2002, 3:34 pm

yeah i agree....DVD's are dvds and have been out for a while 35 or 40$ or whatever the money difference is, its way too much of a difference or we wouldnt all be flipping out like this..

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Uh oh....

Post by kenickie » Oct 5th 2002, 6:12 pm

Uh-oh.... a saying I have springs to mind. Sh*t the bed.
Not very nice, but quite fitting.
No wonder I couldn't get onto the site last night... it must've gone into meltdown. Now I, yes I, calm but slightly annoyed of England am thoroughly PISSED OFF. :evil:
Talk about the last straw. If AU don't tell us what we'll be getting and when and then what ELSE we'll be getting I'm afraid my order with them will also be cancelled.
I wonder if anyone from Amazon has been reading this site.. talk about guaranteed orders....
Let's make the memories that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.