MSCL DVDs

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
mia
Yearbook Team

MSCL DVDs

Post by mia » May 8th 2000, 4:18 pm

Does anyone know if they include any special features?

You know, with your <font color=red>hair</font color=red> like that? It hurts to look at you.

Alee
Three Rivers Resident

Re: MSCL DVDs

Post by Alee » May 8th 2000, 7:07 pm

Oh, so are they already out? I mean there was all the confusion about if they were actually making them or not...

mia
Yearbook Team

Post by mia » May 9th 2000, 9:47 am

Well, the Bugjuice site says they've been released, and they're having a contest to win the DVDs and a DVD player, but the DVD site that they link to doesn't have the DVDs listed yet. The announcement's also made it to news.mscl.com and http://www.clairedanes.com.

Brooke, of course, asserted that the DVD release was impossible unless pigs were flying. :) It's funny, I made the announcement to our mailing list, and I have the feeling no one believes me. :)

You know, with your <font color=red>hair</font color=red> like that? It hurts to look at you.

ataris
Three Rivers Resident

Post by ataris » May 16th 2000, 6:09 pm

I got an e-mail from Bugjuice about winning the MSCL DVDs and a DVD player too. They said they would have cast bios and some other things but that's all that they said.

mia
Yearbook Team

Grr.

Post by mia » May 17th 2000, 10:48 am

Well, I e-mailed DVD Planet to find out why the DVD wasn't listed on their site, and got a reply saying that the DVD wasn't available and that they had contacted Bugjuice to get then to take the DVD Planet link off their site. The link has now been removed, but they're still having the contest, so I don't know what's going on. Also, they only mention 1 DVD, so I have no idea whether they're planning on making more or not.

mia
Yearbook Team

Hooray!

Post by mia » Jun 3rd 2000, 2:22 am

I have ordered my DVD. Woopee! I'm very happy. Of course, that could be because it's Friday...

ataris
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Hooray!

Post by ataris » Jun 4th 2000, 12:32 am

Where did you order it from?

mia
Yearbook Team

I ordered it from...

Post by mia » Jun 5th 2000, 12:02 am

http://www.dvdplanet.com

Hopefully they ship quickly.

Jack
Yearbook Team

Re: I ordered it from...

Post by Jack » Jun 5th 2000, 12:57 pm

Mia,

I also ordered it from dvdplanet, but the way I read it, they don't even have it
in yet. So who knows when it will actually ship.

"Trying to stay on top of things" Jack

mia
Yearbook Team

I know

Post by mia » Jun 5th 2000, 4:07 pm

They have it slated for release on 30May00, but the graphic still says "pre-order." Wish I had known that some places already had it "in stock." I thought about canceling my order and ordering from another place, but the way things are shaping up, I think it might be safer to just wait and see what happens.

Fab
Frozen Embryo

Post by Fab » Jun 5th 2000, 4:27 pm

This dvd is s**t , no special features , no subtitles...hey ! there are other countries on earth...
What about the fans worldwide ?
oh i know...it s not your problem after all !

mia
Yearbook Team

What's your problem?

Post by mia » Jun 5th 2000, 10:59 pm

Forgive us for being excited. Our favorite TV show is being released in a form that will not deteriorate. I'm sorry you're bitter, but don't accuse us of being callous toward other nations. Write the distributor if you're so upset; don't take it out on us.

Side Note - As I understand it, the DVD is being released without regional encoding. What does this mean, exactly?

Fab
Frozen Embryo

Re: What's your problem?

Post by Fab » Jun 6th 2000, 9:27 am

Excuse me for being so critical . I don t accuse anyone , you misunderstand what i mean. I know...my english is poor and it s difficult to explain what i feel. I understand that you are happy and it s not the problem at all. In fact, i am just extremely diappointed with this release because they will not include english subtiltles...that's all
By the way , it appears like a big K7 ... It seems i haven t the same expectations as yours. it s time to became aware of the value of MSCL .
This excellent Tv Drama deserve a better release.

mia
Yearbook Team

Post by mia » Jun 6th 2000, 10:57 am

Yeah, I noticed that thing about the subtitles. I must say, I was a bit surprised. With the show's worldwide popularity, you'd think they'd at least put a couple languages on the DVD. What country are you in?

Fab
Frozen Embryo

Post by Fab » Jun 6th 2000, 1:43 pm

I am a french Mscl Fan , and my conviction is that english subtitles ( at least !) would be the answer. But i doubt that they'll ever be able to change this...
It s a great disappointment to me !
However i wish you to have this dvd soon ! :o)