Amazon selling for $67 with free shipping.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Dreaming of Me
Nicky Driscoll

Amazon selling for $67 with free shipping.

Post by Dreaming of Me » Oct 4th 2002, 9:17 am

I just got the DVDS for $67 from Amazon!!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... scoun0a-20

I got an email notice last night from a coupon site, but I ddint even need to use a coupon for the price. And oh yeah shipping was free.

I saved $33, and if you paid $115 plus shipping, you can save OVER $50 dollars!!!!

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Oct 4th 2002, 10:01 am

Yeah, but it seems to me you also miss out on the lunchbox and bonus DVD. I'll stick with AU.
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 4th 2002, 10:19 am

i dont know if i should stick with au...because ultimately we want the dvds...not the bonus disc and the lunchbox...and amazon is more trustworthy site. if we dont get the dvds by the end of october....i'm going to cancel my order on au and go with amazon...i'm thinking amazon will still be selling it up till nov 5.

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Oct 4th 2002, 10:45 am

Personally, im going to stay with AU. I know their service has been crap so far, but i've stuck with it this long that it'll be just my luck to jump ship at the last minute and then find that Amazon have problems with it aswell.

Plus, the set is region code 1, and as i'm in the UK I want a set I can at least play!! lol, plus, Amazon.com don't even ship internationally so I have little option anyway, but if I did i'd stick with AU.

Not long now...I hope! 8)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 4th 2002, 10:54 am

The discs are identical.

I don't want to let it be said that I am not being forthcoming about stuff.

The discs are the same ones from BMG, and are incorrectly listed as Region 1. (Ventura should learn more about the product it is hawking).

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 4th 2002, 11:39 am

arghhhh!!!
what the hell.....
so is the bonus disc in that boxset????????
very irritating to see Ebay suddenly selling them.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 4th 2002, 11:39 am

err when i said ebay i meant amazon. lol woops

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 4th 2002, 11:41 am

Ebay has been selling them all along. No bonus disc, from what I've been told, in the Amazon version.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 4th 2002, 11:42 am

LetsBolt wrote: so is the bonus disc in that boxset????????
no, just the episodes (but compared to AU very cheap)

Dreaming of Me
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Dreaming of Me » Oct 4th 2002, 11:49 am

I decided I don't need the bonus disc. I am canceling my order with AU and pretty much getting 2 for the price of 1 from AU.

2 from Amazon costs $134 (free shipping)
1 from AU costs $125 (after shipping costs)

Is a lunchbox worth an extra $60? Where are these lunchboxes even? Where is this suposed bonus disk?

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 4th 2002, 1:28 pm

Well with all the problems, I can understand.

The lunchboxes are printed and getting assembled. We will getting them this month. The bonus disk is being finalized and will be printing within a week.

BMG is hand inserting the DVD's into the slipcases and will be shipping to us as soon as they are done. We're ready to ship the DVDs as soon as we get them as well.

Everyone should have them from us before the end of October. And with knowledge of how BMG works, I know that the Nov 5 ship date isn't anywhere near accurate.
Dreaming of Me wrote:I decided I don't need the bonus disc. I am canceling my order with AU and pretty much getting 2 for the price of 1 from AU.

2 from Amazon costs $134 (free shipping)
1 from AU costs $125 (after shipping costs)

Is a lunchbox worth an extra $60? Where are these lunchboxes even? Where is this suposed bonus disk?

trishharvey
Frozen Embryo

Amazon

Post by trishharvey » Oct 4th 2002, 1:42 pm

So we have to decide if the lunchbox and the bonus disc are worth $60 to us? Utimately the true value is in the discs of the shows, this is maddening! And we've also lost the benefits that we gained by being early purchasers!
Last edited by trishharvey on Oct 4th 2002, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Re: Amazon

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 4th 2002, 1:44 pm

trishharvey wrote:So we have to decide if the lunchbox and the bonus disc are worth $45 to us? This is maddening! And we've also lost the benefits that we gained by being early purchasers!
We're working on that as well. We'll be doing something about the price difference and the early purchase issue as well.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 4th 2002, 2:10 pm

Not sure how to embed quotes from other posts using the software, but this cut/paste job will do:

From Ross' previous post:

We're working on that as well. We'll be doing something about the price difference and the early purchase issue as well.

No offense Ross, but really, you haven't done *anything* about *anything* yet. When will anything get done? You still haven't credited people (including myself) and now you're expecting us to take on faith that you'll be "doing something about the price difference and the early purchase issue as well". I won't be surprised if I get another vague response which really doesn't say anything. I have friends who ordered the set and are asking me WTF is going on with it. They don't visit this forum, and honestly, you probably wouldn't want me to point them here. The lack of communication is mind-boggling.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

To be fair

Post by fnordboy » Oct 4th 2002, 2:15 pm

I was credited on one of their screw ups. Now im just waiting for the next 115 bucks they stole from me.

So they have credited a few of us. Granted it wasn't even acknowledged by them till Jason helped (thanks!)

PS - hit the "quote" button at the top of each post instead of the reply button.