Jared Leto in Switchback

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Jared Leto in Switchback

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Sep 26th 2002, 3:26 am

This 1997 movie not only features MSCL's Jordan as Lane Dixon, a hitcher, but also features Danny Glover as the driver who picks up Dixon and Dennis Quaid as an FBI agent who is trying to find the serial killer who nabbed his son.

This movie is slated to air on TBS early Friday, 9/27, from 12:10 to 2:40 a.m. EST.

SPOILERS

I wasn't sure what to expect with this movie but I found myself caught in the action, even if I was watching it on a station with commercials. JL, DG and DQ all turn in great performances, and the movie kept me guessing throughout. I would definitely recommend JL fans check this one out. Is there anyone else who has seen this one and would like to discuss it?
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 27th 2002, 5:24 pm

I saw it and thought it was pretty average.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I do remember that Danny Glover and Dennis Quaid recieved top billing (obviously, as Jared Leto wasn't very well-known at this point), but if I remember correctly, Jared's character is the central character.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 10th 2002, 12:26 pm

This movie was on in the UK on Friday, and just by chance I was watching the opening credits. I saw JL's name and thought, well, it's late but let's see what this is like.

I have to say, it was a good performance but the film itself was mediocre. JL did have the central character, but there really wasn't much exploration or expansion of the character. This was a result of the scripting though I think...

I don't remember this ever having a cinema release over here, or seeing it in video shops (which I frequent)....

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------