DOES ANOTHER UNIVERSE REALIZE HOW HORRIBLE THEY ARE?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Dreaming of Me
Nicky Driscoll

DOES ANOTHER UNIVERSE REALIZE HOW HORRIBLE THEY ARE?

Post by Dreaming of Me » Sep 25th 2002, 10:50 am

I have been visiting this site often, ever since I placed my order, but I just signed up because this is rediculous!

If a customer is overcharged, it is not the customer's problem!! It is the sellers problem!! I can't believe that I have been waiting for over 5 weeks for a fricking refund!

Is it even legal to charge people for DVDS that don't exist? My mom says that it is against the law to charge people and not send the product out. I think that we should call cancel our orders and place them with somebody more reputable.

5 weeks, and still waiting!!!

Dreaming of Me

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

i highly doubt it.

Post by fnordboy » Sep 25th 2002, 11:13 am

I really dont think they do realize it. I mean throughout this whole project they have said they are overwhelmed and didnt expect this much from the project... But my one and only prior dealing with them (well actually it was more my girlfriend) was horrible. She had ordered my xmas gifts one year from there in early October. And the couldnt grasp the concept that when you put a space in between your house number and your street number that it means it is a space! The claim that they sent the package multiple times and after we did some backtracking with them on the phone (when you could get them) it seems they had sent to to every combination of 51 68th street (ie 516 8th st, etc.). Around February i finally got my stuff.

And of course now they have so far triple billed me for the MSCL dvds. And when i called them this time they are still passing the blame onto the other company that they use for billing.

When will someone give them the idea that they should fire them?

fnordboy

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: i highly doubt it.

Post by Jason R » Sep 25th 2002, 11:17 am

hrmmmmphhhhh.....

They credit card company insists it cannot be them. AU's webmaster told me that the problem was with AU's site, not the merchant account provider. Maybe they meant to blame their site?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 25th 2002, 11:29 am

Well they never said specifically it was the credit card co. but he said "they must have blah blah" ... "blah blah them"

Now my reasoning is that who else is the they handling this if it isnt AU?
Am i wrong on this assumption?

Dreaming of Me
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Dreaming of Me » Sep 25th 2002, 6:57 pm

I kind of really don't care if they are overwhelmed. I think that what they are doing amounts to stealing. And I think that the fact that they still have my money is a sign that maybe they are doing it intentionally.

I already reported them to the BBB. Now I am going to call the fraud department of my credit card. I wish I knew who handled their credit card processing because I would report it to them too.

And where are these DVDS DAMMIT???????????
fnordboy wrote:I really dont think they do realize it. I mean throughout this whole project they have said they are overwhelmed and didnt expect this much from the project... But my one and only prior dealing with them (well actually it was more my girlfriend) was horrible. She had ordered my xmas gifts one year from there in early October. And the couldnt grasp the concept that when you put a space in between your house number and your street number that it means it is a space! The claim that they sent the package multiple times and after we did some backtracking with them on the phone (when you could get them) it seems they had sent to to every combination of 51 68th street (ie 516 8th st, etc.). Around February i finally got my stuff.

And of course now they have so far triple billed me for the MSCL dvds. And when i called them this time they are still passing the blame onto the other company that they use for billing.

When will someone give them the idea that they should fire them?

fnordboy

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 25th 2002, 8:59 pm

Dreaming of Me wrote:I wish I knew who handled their credit card processing because I would report it to them too.
Authorize.net

Let them know what's going on. I tried to get this info from Wade, but he was tight lipped about it. So I finally found out from online sources (this site) and he kinda confirmed it, but I could tell he didn't want to say.

Is he still saying it is Authorize.net's fault?
Last edited by andrewgd on Sep 26th 2002, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 26th 2002, 1:25 am

Yes I'm aware that we suck. And in the event I ever forget it, there is always plenty of people to remind me.

Please send me your info at ross@anotheruniverse.com and I'll look into it tomorrow.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Sep 26th 2002, 6:05 am

Yes I'm aware that we suck
Great. So, what are you doing to change that?
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

southernfire
Tino

Re: DOES ANOTHER UNIVERSE REALIZE HOW HORRIBLE THEY ARE?

Post by southernfire » Sep 26th 2002, 1:28 pm

Dreaming of Me wrote: I think that we should call cancel our orders and place them with somebody more reputable. Dreaming of Me
I really wish there WAS another company willing to carry these DVDs, but unfortunately AU was the only company willing to take on this project. As Jason and Ross have stated, they both wish a reputable company like Amazon had taken the lead with this project... All we can do is wait and report everything we can to our CC companies, Banks and BBBs.

And just to let you know, I too have been waiting endlessly for a credit to my bank account since I was foolish enough to use my debit card with the pre-order. I think we should start a petition to make AU pay for the shipping of our DVDs, caue I'm sure as hell not willing to pay for it at this point.

George
Nicky Driscoll

Amazing!

Post by George » Sep 27th 2002, 9:59 am

I can not believe that someone from AU comes on this site, where people have been taken advantage of and treated terribly by the company (and I use that term very losely) that is handling this project and posts that extremely sarcastic comment he did. Ross, you have some balls you know that. You have no right to be mad at anyone here at all, it is quite the opposite in fact. The things your "company" has done over the last few months leading up to the release date to all these people has warranted their displeasure. Yes people are bashing apart AU but they have ever right to do so. I don't care how many orders you get for this, that is your job!!!! Do your job, and stop the sarcastic remarks.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Re: Amazing!

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 28th 2002, 4:05 pm

George wrote: You have no right to be mad at anyone here at all, it is quite the opposite in fact.

Do your job, and stop the sarcastic remarks.
There wasn't a sarcastic comment there. Just an acceptance of blame and comment about it.