Stoiber hat die Wahl gewonnen?

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
william bloke
Nicky Driscoll

Stoiber hat die Wahl gewonnen?

Post by william bloke » Sep 22nd 2002, 5:03 pm

WOW!
Will there be a recount?
What's the German word for "chad"?
"Really? Do you think she did? Really? You think she siliconed her lips? Really?"

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Sep 22nd 2002, 8:16 pm

Is the guy that won the same guy (or party) who said Bush was just like Hitler?
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Stoiber hat die Wahl gewonnen?

Post by Sascha » Sep 22nd 2002, 8:22 pm

Well, it was pretty close, but Schröder will be again Chancellor. As I'm writing this, 298 of 299 "electoral districts" have been counted (no recounts necessary here ;-) ) and Schröder's SPD and the Green party have a small, but stable lead. The result from the last electoral district won't have a huge impact (and it was won in 1998 clearly by the SPD).

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 22nd 2002, 8:36 pm

K-man wrote:Is the guy that won the same guy (or party) who said Bush was just like Hitler?
Nope, Stoiber is member of the CDU/CSU-party, Herta Däubler-Gmelin (who was cited) is SPD.
But that was an ugly misunderstanding. Herta Däubler-Gmelin (yeah, that's really a heck of a name ;-)) - the german minister of justice - used "Hitler" and "Bush" in one sentence, which was a very bad idea, especially during the electoral battle. She actually did *not* compare Hitler with Bush in any way, but that was just what the other parties and the press were waiting for. She'll probably be not a part of the new Schröder-administration.

william bloke
Nicky Driscoll

Post by william bloke » Sep 22nd 2002, 10:44 pm

Well, it seems like Schroeder's got this one in the bag....with the smallest of margins(and I thought the Rams and the Pats final of last year was close!).
Eddy has no one to blame but AnotherUniverse.com.....I'm certain that if he would have promised the delivery of a MSCL DVD set for every German family, he'd be the one dancing on top of the Bundestag.

BTW, isn't Herta the name of the German company that makes those delicious Weisswurst and Leberkase? I think they're much better than Oscar Meyer here in the States!
"Really? Do you think she did? Really? You think she siliconed her lips? Really?"

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten » Sep 23rd 2002, 6:30 am

Wow, man spricht hier Deutsch!

Do you have a special interest in Germany? You seem to be very informed. Your German is apparently much better than my English.

Yes, Herta is the name of a company that makes German sausage products, but it's actually a common female name, too. I never heard about Oscar Meyer (My Uncle's name is Meyer ;-). Does he import "Weißwurst" und "Leberkäse" or does the company produce it in the US?

You should visit the "Oktoberfest", it opened this weekend.

Thorsten

PS
I live in Bavaria, so Eddy is the state's prime minister. He thought, he could do it like George Bush. Luckily we are ticking off the ballot with a pen, so we don't have any chads and Mr. Stoiber as the Chancellor.