music rights for dvd set

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
pgh kenny
Angelica

music rights for dvd set

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 19th 2002, 3:14 pm

I just want to thank everyone involved in the production of the mscl dvd for obtaining all the music rights necessary so that no scenes had to be cut. In my world, that is a tremendous accomplishment.

We live in a world where even amateur webcasters are asked to pay (in my opinion unrealisticly high) royalties. Commercial radio stations, alternatively, are often paid to play certain song lists.

Anyways, thanks to Jason and thanks to the lawyers who negotiated to allow all the music into the set. I know that none of us like waiting for the set to arrive, but I don't mind waiting if it means we are getting the best product possible. Those of us that pre-ordered knew we were taking certain amount of risk with respect to delivery date - but we are being rewarded for taking that risk with a lunchbox and reduced price. (Actually, I have a little bit of an unfair advantage with waiting, since I have all the episodes on video taped during the period of time mscl was on mtv).

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: music rights for dvd set

Post by Jason R » Sep 19th 2002, 3:19 pm

Thank BMG for clearing the music. Neither I, nor AU had anything to do with music clearances. BMG understood the importance of not cutting out scenes.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 19th 2002, 3:33 pm

thanks BMG