Jay Leno

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Thorsten

Re: Claire not on CNBC

Post by Thorsten » Sep 17th 2002, 1:33 pm

It's me again.

Some time ago I've clicked in the MSCL.COM video section in the yearbook room. There are three video clips of Letterman shows with Claire Danes. So I would like to ask, if it would be possible to put the new Leno show on MSCL.COM? I know Claire isn't the biggest fan of MSCL, but I think otherwise the show will not appear on the internet and the fans from Europe will never see it.

Just checking.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 17th 2002, 5:28 pm

Thorsten wrote:So I would like to ask, if it would be possible to put the new Leno show on MSCL.COM?
I'd love to do so, but we don't have a recording of that show (half of the MSCL.COM team is European too ;-).

speff

Post by speff » Sep 18th 2002, 2:27 am

claires not a big fan of MSCL?? whats this???

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten » Sep 18th 2002, 5:46 am

sab wrote:I'd love to do so, but we don't have a recording of that show (half of the MSCL.COM team is European too ;-).
Really, half of the team lives on the old continent? Is the European's addiction for the show medically proven? ;-)

Is anyone of the MSCL.COM team still in contact with Lawrence Leung? He updated the news of "My So-Called Claire Danes Homepage" last week and mentioned Claire's appearance at The Tonight Show. Maybe he can bring it up to his site or provide it for MSCL.COM, because of the good old time or something. :)

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Sep 18th 2002, 9:26 am

Speff,

To answer your question re: Claire...she and Jared just don't seem to look back all that fondly. Some of the other cast members (A.J. Langer, Wilson Cruz, Devon Gummersal) have really talked MSCL up in interviews, but those two haven't.

But like a recent poster said (on a different thread), there could be a million reasons why they didn't "have a time" while filming. You never know.

Back when the DVD extras were in early talks, I secretly hoped that Claire and Jared would do an interview for the purposes of the DVD...but, no luck. Hey, one can dream though, right? I mean, I'm sure they both just don't want to be known for the rest of their careers as "Angela" and Jordan."

When people see Jared in public, he probably gets that "HEY, you're JORDAN CATALANO" stuff all the time. Heh....probably drives him nuts. Same thing for Claire...she must have been called "Angela!!!" in public for years. I know that if I saw Claire I would be so happy, I'd say... "Chase Face?" ...Haha...just kidding...I'd never do that.

:P
:P
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 18th 2002, 10:24 pm

I don't necessarily think it means they didn't "have a time" while filming, they just would like to move on and be known for something more, which I can understand.

Addendum: I forget if I brought up this point somewhere else on the forum, but back when MSCL first aired on MTV, Claire and Jared (as well as other cast members) did some publicity for it. In fact, some of those clips of the cast introducing music videos immediately following an episode are on this site. So that just goes to show that they don't really have negative feelings - per se - about the show, it's just been so long ago, they'd like to put the past behind them. To quote Tom Cruise in Magnolia: "Facing the past is an important way of not making progress."
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 19th 2002, 2:30 am

dTheater wrote:Addendum: I forget if I brought up this point somewhere else on the forum, but back when MSCL first aired on MTV, Claire and Jared (as well as other cast members) did some publicity for it. In fact, some of those clips of the cast introducing music videos immediately following an episode are on this site.
I totally remember that! The segment I remember the most was girl Devon and Jared introducing some clips and Devon saying to watch the show because "we're good. Really, we are." It was pretty funny.

Why isn't anyone else laughing? I guess you had to be there...

Like that MTV commercial from back in the day where there was a voice sobbing in the dark. A kind voice said, "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" The crier replied, "Nobody likes me." The nice voice says all Stuart Smalley-ish, "But I like you." The crying resumes and finally you hear the voice sob, "Nobody good likes me!"

:wink: