Jay Leno

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Lacy
Nicky Driscoll

Jay Leno

Post by Lacy » Sep 4th 2002, 11:10 am

For anyone who is interested, Claire Danes is scheduled to appear on The Tonight Show on September 12 to promote Igby Goes Down.
Oh look at me. I'm way cool. I'm off with my way cool friends to sniff floor wax.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Thanks for the heads up

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Sep 5th 2002, 5:16 am

It will be great to see Claire doing a new interview. I'm very interested to hear about this project and also what else she's been up to. I wonder if MSCL will be mentioned at all. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

sine
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Jay Leno

Post by sine » Sep 5th 2002, 5:19 pm

Lacy wrote:For anyone who is interested, Claire Danes is scheduled to appear on The Tonight Show on September 12 to promote Igby Goes Down.
Hey, thanks for the info! :)

Does anyone know if (and when) the Sept 12 show will be aired on CNBC Europe? Hmm, 12 seems to be Thursday -- and the channel tends to show end-of-the-week episodes of the show during weekend nights, right?

---
"They're tearing up the streets, I'm half in love with every girl I meet."

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 5th 2002, 7:24 pm

sine wrote: Does anyone know if (and when) the Sept 12 show will be aired on CNBC Europe? Hmm, 12 seems to be Thursday -- and the channel tends to show end-of-the-week episodes of the show during weekend nights, right?
I guess they always select the 3 shows with the best-known celebrities.
So let's see who else is coming next week:
Mo 9/9: Tom Green, Eve
Tu 9/10: Dr. Phil McGraw, George Foreman, Robert Plant
We 9/11: Sen. John McCain, James Woods
Th 9/12: Claire Danes, Jamie Kennedy, Coldplay
Fr 9/13: Heath Ledger, Cedric the Entertainer, Lee Ann Womack
Hm, looks like the chances are pretty good for Claire on CNBC Europe next weekend :)

Check CNBC TeleText Page 182/2 for updates.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 12th 2002, 12:35 pm

sab wrote:Check CNBC TeleText Page 182/2 for updates.

Code: Select all

CNBC 182 Thu 12 Sep     18:30:18
   THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO   2/2 
   See Page 120 for programme times     

Sat 14 Sep 2000 CET                    
 Actor Drew Carey                       
 Weathercaster Jillian Barberie         
 Lincoln Garage Concert Series          
 Performance by Shaggy                  

Sun 15 Sep 2000 CET                    
 Talk show host Dr Phil McGraw          
 Boxer George Foreman                   
 Music by Robert Plant                  

Sun 15 Sep 2130 CET                    
 to be confirmed                        

GUEST LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE 
... let's cross our fingers for the 2nd show on Sunday...

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

So who caught this?

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Sep 13th 2002, 4:09 am

Well, I was definitely excited at the entire guest roster for this episode. Not only did Claire open the show, but we also had Robin Williams being his funny self and hyping One Hour Photo which looks oh-so-creepy. And the musical guest was Coldplay, whom I just think is phenomenal.

SPOILERS

While I wasn't surprised that MSCL wasn't mentioned, I thought it was a blown opportunity to promote the DVDs. Granted, everything hasn't been all roses when it comes to the process we have gone through to get the DVDs, but it would have been perfect for Jay to ask Claire what she thought of the fans' efforts to get the show on DVD and the fact that the project is finally coming to fruition years after the show went off the air. Somehow I got the feeling that Claire's publicist instructed that MSCL was off limits.

With that rant aside, Claire looked great with a reddish-brown tint to her hair that complemented her dress quite well. She discussed her longtime romance with Ben Lee, whom she is NOT engaged to. She even mentioned how the tabloids fabricated an elopment after the couple ducked into a chapel to get away from the photogs. She also pumped Terminator 3, which she said is hush-hush. She did reveal, though, that she is on the good side and also that Arnold Schwarzenneger is a chess buff in his spare time. She told the story of going into his trailer and seeing his marble chess set complete with a winner and loser chair. She said she was so inspired that she bought a Muppet chess set on a recent trip to NY.

We also got the chance to see a clip from Igby Goes Down, where Claire is sporting curly long blonde hair. I was definitely intrigued after seeing her character encourage the lead to take a trip and follow a dream. She seemed eccentric but fun, and I think this movie is going to be a good one.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Claire Danes not on CNBC

Post by Sascha » Sep 13th 2002, 3:45 pm

sab wrote: ... let's cross our fingers for the 2nd show on Sunday...
I just checked the CNBC TeleText page for updates and according to the new listing they will NOT air the show with Claire this weekend. :-( :-( So no Claire for fans in Europe.

But not everything is lost, there is still a small possibility that the show will be aired next weekend. And the CNBC listing is always subject to change...

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Sep 13th 2002, 11:08 pm

Honestly I didn't think Claire looked that great. That dress did not flatter her figure at all. *ducks!*

But on other notes - yea, it would have been a good opportunity to promote the DVDs. Too bad MSCL is off limits in Claire interviews. I've read that interviewers are instructed to NOT discuss MSCL unless Claire brings it up herself...and she probably never will. :P

Oh yea, and CNN.com had a review of "Igby Goes Down" at the bottom of their front page. They absolutely raved about it. They said it's the best "coming of age film" since the Graduate.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 14th 2002, 2:07 pm

Why would she promote the DVDs? She's not making any money off of it.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Promoting the DVDs

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Sep 14th 2002, 3:35 pm

Oh, dTheater, my comment was more just me doing some wishful thinking. I know it's not Claire's project and she has distanced herself from MSCL, and that's her prerogative. Still, I am so excited about finally seeing the DVDs that I wish mainstream press would pick up a little more on it.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Promoting the DVDs

Post by dTheater » Sep 15th 2002, 1:09 pm

What irks me is that Jason, the fans, and this DVD set aren't getting any credit for being a major component in this sudden rash of TV shows on DVD. When we were petitioning and waiting for years and having our hearts broken, shows like this on DVD were a joke, but since the deal with AU and BMG was struck, it's become somewhat of a trend. Yet this one gets overlooked because of it's exclusiveness. I guess that's a price we pay.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Sep 16th 2002, 3:39 pm

Awwww, sorry to have missed Claire on Leno.

I have a great deal of respect for Claire as an actress...and as Angela she was brilliant-beyond-brilliant!!! However, I have to say it disappoints me that she never goes on record about MSCL, like it never existed or something.

I know that a lot of actors/actresses are eventually embarassed by their early ventures. And in most cases, rightfully so!!! But MSCL was SO incredible...an earth-shattering, epic television event (LOL... :wink:) so there is absolutely NO reason for her to be embarassed or distance herself from it!

Here are my Top Five reasons for Claire to boast about MSCL and look back fondly (instead of ignore her past):

- She happened to have the lead role in the best television show EVER written

- She won awards and nominations for her portrayal

- She worked with a nice, cool group of actors of all ages

- The show has garnered a cult following and legendary status

- She got to kiss Jared Leto (HELLO!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: )

So, what's the deal??? Know what I mean?

Peace,
SCF :)
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 16th 2002, 4:00 pm

For that last reason alone I would shouting out from the rooftops that I was on MSCL! :shock:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 16th 2002, 5:33 pm

Me too!

:oops:

And I would have a mocking song that went a little something like this:
"I kissed Jared Leto, I kissed Jared Leto!"

:wink:

Thorsten

Re: Claire Danes not on CNBC

Post by Thorsten » Sep 17th 2002, 1:10 pm

sab wrote:But not everything is lost, there is still a small possibility that the show will be aired next weekend. And the CNBC listing is always subject to change...
Bad news for Europeans. Checked CNBC Teletext few minutes ago. The first show on saturday is the show from September 13 with Heath Ledger. This was the show after Claire's appearance on September 12. What a pity. If they air it in the right order, we won't see it here. :(