30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto's band)

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Okay....

Post by mgreeson » Aug 8th 2002, 2:44 pm

I just did, and now I'm still lost. You are making me feel stupid. *scratches head*
-This whole day has just been one big long thing that makes no sense.\"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 8th 2002, 2:52 pm

Look at your post - see how right under mgreeson it says "catalano"? These are the new member status names. So instead of saying "newbie" it says Tino, Catalano, etc. The decoder ring (# of posts required for each title) is in the announcements forum.

Sorry, didn't mean to make you scratch your head!

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Random

Post by mgreeson » Aug 8th 2002, 2:55 pm

Is it just a random thing that I got Jordan Catalano? Anyway, you should come down to ATL this Wed. and see them play at the Cotton Club.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 8th 2002, 2:57 pm

That's more of a road trip than I think I can handle since I have to work all week, but I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the show!

Apparently TSTM did their mingling during the Exies set, so get there early! Tell Jordan I said hi :wink:

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Cool

Post by mgreeson » Aug 8th 2002, 2:58 pm

I am going to bring my acting headshot and see if he can pass it along to his agent. I'm sur ehe won't but it's worth a shot.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

MORE TSTM info!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 14th 2002, 4:02 pm

Check out ANY of the Tower stores starting this Friday to pre-order the TSTM cd for only $.8.99 and get an autograph booklet and a postcard with a letter from the band....but offer is good while supplies last- so get there early.

If you have any questions, you can email the national advertising manager of Tower at linda@towerrecords.com - she is great about emailing you back right away.

The band is also doing meet & greets at the Mercury show in New York, as well as the Philadelphia and Chicago shows. The Boston m&g is in the works.

Anyone who preorders at these locations will also receive a pass to a meet and greet with the band.

Tracy

30 Seconds To Mars / MSCL

Post by Tracy » Aug 21st 2002, 10:05 pm

The Village Voice is a weekly paper in New York City. and they have a "Voice Choices" section where they have information about entertainment: movies, music, etc. They have concert listings by day for the NYC area, and along with each concert listed is a blurb about the bands playing. 30 Seconds To Mars played in NY on Monday, and so in last week's (Aug. 14-20) issue there was a blurb about the show, and I was in shock when I read it, it's so perfect. Check it out:

"Oh, what has become of you, Jordan Catalano? First you grow a moustache and play a runner, then you're a junkie, then you're robbing Jodie Foster's house, and now this. A bad new wave haircut and a bad nu wave metal band just don't suit your puppy-dog eyes, your slacker mystique, your tortured rebel soul. Bring back the brown jacket, the Ramones cover, and Rayanne on lead vocals, and all will be forgiven...except the way you treated Angela."

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Interesting

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Aug 21st 2002, 11:24 pm

Given how Jared tends to shun his former MSCL alter ego, I wonder if he was totally upset when reading that review. In any case, I enjoyed it simply because it proves that there are MSCL fans everywhere.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

micday
Frozen Embryo

TSTM

Post by micday » Aug 22nd 2002, 1:54 pm

Firstly, I have to say that I am very impressed with the music that TSTM has been putting out. It's fresh and real.
I have seen them perform three times. Each time was more invigorating than the last. Everyone in the band is really great. Fun to hang out with.
Go buy the CD when it comes out on august 27th.
Support the band.

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

I agree

Post by mgreeson » Aug 26th 2002, 3:59 pm

Thirty Seconds to MArs is a revolutionary new brand brought to us by one of our own, Jared Leto. It is a totally new sound that will hopefully show people what a talented individual he is not only in his acting but also as a musician. We should all be so lucky that we finally got him singing again. So it's not the "Red" song, but I feel he's created something better, something different, something new. Give it a try folks, you just might love it!!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 27th 2002, 3:35 am

This isn't even a proper review because it neglects to address the most important part: the music. TSTM is a great band. Obviously this reviewer didn't bother to listen to any of their music. Journalism at its finest.

For those of you who care, the CD is now available in stores. Check it out - it rocks the body that rocks the party!!

:D

Post by Guest » Aug 31st 2002, 3:42 pm

The band was live in the studio on a radio station here in Philadelphia playing an acoustic version of their song Capricorn. It was impressive. He had a good voice. I may check it out. They pumped up the appearance all week by saying they were going to be interviewing Jared Leto and the two hosts were apparently big MSCL fans. One of them even knew that the drummer, his brother Shannon, was also on the show. When the host told Jared he was "bummed when MSCL was cancelled" and that it was a good show and whatnot, he just said "Thank you." ANyway, the song sounded decent,

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

30 Seconds to Mars is everywhere now

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Sep 1st 2002, 5:41 am

I had MTV2 on and was on a phone call when I looked up because I heard some great music. Imagine my surprise when I saw actual live photos of 30 Seconds to Mars performing! Unfortunately, I didn't hear much of what was being said because I realized what I was watching a little too late. But it was long enough for me to see fye promoting that the new CD was coming out.

Then I was in the other room, still with MTV2 on, and heard some more great music. By the time I made it to the TV, I only heard about 30 Seconds to Mars going on tour with Incubus. I couldn't believe it. Talk about some great exposure for the band!
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Synthetic
Tino

30stm

Post by Synthetic » Oct 2nd 2002, 1:39 am

30 seconds to mars is a totally amazing band, Ive seen them 6 times, going to be 7 by the end of next week..they sound so different and its totally NOT nu-metal or whatever, its experimental rock more spacy and mysterious than anything

I've also met Jared many times, hes such a nice and caring guy..very appreciative of his fans, altho I've never mentioned his acting career lol..I so badly want to talk to about MSCL but I've kept quiet heh..but yah you all should check them out, very very good band ;D

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 19th 2002, 9:26 am

man, hate to be a downer, but TSTM didnt impress me all that much. its good, and diffrent, but not enouph. id realy like to see them live though. every one says there great.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"