Los Angeles * Summer 2012

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Los Angeles * Summer 2012

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 4th 2012, 7:40 am

I'm totally fine with whatever. Maybe we can do something casual this year and plan something bigger for the summer of 2014 which will be the TWENTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the premiere (man, that makes me feel old!).

Hee, we can consider this the test run/shooting location scouting if it's just the three of us.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Bacchante
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Bacchante » Apr 11th 2012, 12:30 pm

I'm in too! I can do almost any weekend, except July 7 when I'll be at a wedding.

Sightseeing sounds fun! I'll try to think of other stuff too :)
"I know you think, how could someone like me understand. Only, I do."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 11th 2012, 8:55 pm

Yea! :sunshine:
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » May 22nd 2012, 1:42 pm

so i dropped the ball with the facebook idea.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 5th 2021, 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 23rd 2012, 12:42 am

I second all that.
I definitely need a date too. (asap) I can't do June, and although July's best for me, if other months work better for people I can do that. I agree that something like 5 or 6 (or more) would be great, but I'm in LA regardless. Natasha, were you thinking weekdays that surrounded your reunion, or what?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » May 23rd 2012, 3:03 am

Weekdays are possible for me, but I worry that this may make it difficult to have more than 3 people with so little time left.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 24th 2012, 1:04 am

I know :? And the thread dates back to September

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 31st 2012, 8:34 am

Yes, weekdays close to the weekend of July 21st would work for me! Right now they're talking about making it a three day event (Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon) so for now I'm blocking off the entire weekend just in case.

At this point, it sounds like Jody, Kenny, bacchante, and me. Does that timeframe work for the three of you? Like I said earlier, if it's just a few of us that's cool with me. Maybe we can check out some of the MSCL shooting locations (and see which ones would be worth keeping for a bigger gathering in the future), watch an episode or two, and just hang out. I can't believe that we're actually going to see each other in person after almost a decade of talking online here!

For the record, I'm going to expect Jody in a long fur trimmed coat like her avatar.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 2nd 2012, 1:01 am

Natasha (candygirl) wrote:For the record, I'm going to expect Jody in a long fur trimmed coat like her avatar.
Okay, people just looked at me funny because I laughed so loud when I read this.
Better get shopping...

Good thing Kate Hudson's not facing the other way; as it is, I'm already not living up to the hair and the wardrobe :mrgreen:

Bacchante
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Bacchante » Jun 26th 2012, 12:36 am

So when are we thinking of doing this? I think I can do July 21 (Saturday) since I'll be in SoCal and I can probably make my boyfriend drive me. But I'm not sure for how long I can join you. I think it would be maybe 2-3 hours or so...

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 26th 2012, 12:27 pm

Thanks (so much!) to IAMNOTASTALKER.com I mapped out a route covering the known shooting /related locations for the show (some of which are now defunct; others seem like an invasion of privacy, or not really worth a stop if time is limited).

First Route (Includes everything)
1st map.jpg
Second Route
2nd map.jpg
The other thing is, if we also wanted to screen an episode or whatever, we would need a place to do it. My place is in the beach cities (south of what is pictured in the maps), and without traffic, about 40 min. from Pasadena.

I don't know if it's too late for Kenny to make work arrangements -- I hope not -- Natasha said she couldn't do the 21st and 22nd (Sat and Sun), and now that Saturday is the day my sister's having her birthday party, so we had talked about a week day, hope that works for you Bacchante.

I'm saying Friday July 20th, unless people post otherwise (but we have to get this settled soon). Other options would be Thursday the 19th (not ideal for me as it is my sister's actual birthday), or Monday the 23rd.
[I know we're at the mercy of when people think to check the site, but let's try and get this finalized by July 1 if at all possible.] :D

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 26th 2012, 12:44 pm

That's all assuming that the sightseeing is a priority for people.

Also, I just remembered that (depending on a number of things, one being the hour) the Paley Center in Beverly Hills may be another option for a screening venue.

Bacchante
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Bacchante » Jun 28th 2012, 12:29 am

I can basically only do July 21 :P But you should go ahead and meet without me if that's easier. I'm not a 100% sure I can make it anyway. I think the boyfriend would be willing to check out shooting locations though.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 28th 2012, 10:32 am

Oh no! This is all falling apart. Well, I hope you keep checking the board for any changes, but of course, there's nothing to keep anyone from sightseeing on their own.

Bacchante
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Bacchante » Jun 29th 2012, 1:24 am

Just to clarify: I meant he'd probably be willing to join us for sightseeing, which is relevant because I depend on him to drive me around :P