MSCL's greatest quality (?)

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
pg043

Post by pg043 » Aug 6th 2002, 2:45 am

I agree with everything that everyone before me has said. Another reason is that the show is different from most other tv shows, because there's not some dumb moral lesson every week, and they aren't the perfect ideal american family. Angela is just as confused in the show as we all were when we were growing up (and probably still are), so we can all relate.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 8th 2002, 5:35 pm

Definitely the writing, especially with respect to the characters. They were real. Three-dimensional. At any time you could relate to any one of them. It was truly brilliant writing.

I also like the look of the show. The way that it was shot.

Over all, this show was real. It had real conflict, real resolutions (i.e. sometimes there was none), real people, and real feelings. I have never identified with a character as much as I did with Angela. Especially in the episdoe where she pushes her dad off his pedastol (sp?). I remember thinking that I was normal to be going through those emotions with my dad, that I wasn't a freak for doing the exact same thing as Angela. Her introspection. I thought that I was the only one who thought like she did. It felt great to watch someone going through and reacting to situations that you have been through or are going through.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 8th 2002, 5:36 pm

Sweet! I am now a *Tino*. Nice.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."