Los Angeles * Summer 2012

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Los Angeles * Summer 2012

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 4th 2011, 12:43 am

Let's do this.

Anybody think they could make it? Anybody have a preference, June, July, or August?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Bacchante
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Los Angeles * Summer 2012

Post by Bacchante » Sep 7th 2011, 6:50 pm

Is this going to be a meet-up of some sort, or did I miss something?

(Next year is far in the future, but I can probably make it, whatever it is :) )
"I know you think, how could someone like me understand. Only, I do."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 8th 2011, 1:25 am

Sorry! This was carried over from an idea posted in PGH Kenny's Parental Unit thread, and then a little from the Summer Travel thread, both in the Your So-Called Life forum (all stemming from Kenny's original mini convention thread).
Natasha (candygirl) wrote:I'm still all for the MSCL gathering. I vote for LA so we can maybe have a pilgrimage to the high school, the Chase house, etc. and maybe get some of the cast/crew involved.
I don't know that we could get cast or crew involved, but if that were the slightest possibility, I'd think we'd need to give them as much notice as possible. Also, if this were something people on the site were willing to travel for, it seems like people would want time to plan ahead to make arrangements.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 19th 2011, 1:39 am

I'm going to be in San Diego the weekend of July 21, so if we can do this around that date then I'm there!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 19th 2011, 3:49 am

Done. Now Emmie just has to plan her road trip around it. :D

I don't know exactly what this should entail besides sightseeing. (Which, if this happens, I thought I might see if it was doable by bike and public tranist if people were in to it, -- might make it a bit more of an event (though unlike Angela, I've never mastered hands-free cycling). Probably a visit to the Paley Center? Screenings?

Mutajon
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Mutajon » Sep 24th 2011, 4:25 am

I'm getting jealous already... :mrgreen:
Sadly, I don't see myself coming up with the money needed to fly all the way to the USA next year. I guess I'll have to sightsee those locations alone someday...
Promise you'll take photos and share them on the forums! :)
"Aaaand dance by the light of the mooooon"

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Sep 25th 2011, 12:38 pm

I would love to because I've never been to L.A. I've never even been to that part of the country. I live in Florida. I know I won't have the money to do something like that though. Nice idea.
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Oct 16th 2011, 10:43 pm

Personally, I'd like to see the real Chase house, and the school where they filmed. Maybe find a place to watch a few of our favorite episodes with the group.

This could be a fun trip, I'll have to give it some serious consideration.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Mar 22nd 2012, 9:12 pm

I'd be happy to just sit in a room and watch some of my favorite episodes with the group.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 21st 2021, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Mar 22nd 2012, 9:45 pm

Just playing around...
Screen shot 2012-03-22 at 7.06.19 PM.jpg
Last edited by Jody Barsch* on Mar 22nd 2012, 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Mar 22nd 2012, 9:46 pm

or...
Screen shot 2012-03-22 at 7.06.09 PM.jpg
A Facebook page sounds like a good idea (does that mean I'll have to break down and get an account?) So, who's inviting Ms. Winnie Holzman?

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Mar 22nd 2012, 10:41 pm

A Facebook page sounds like a good idea
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 21st 2021, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 27th 2012, 7:03 am

Yay! I'll be at my high reunion the weekend of July 20-22 so if we can do our MSCL gathering close (but not on) that weekend, I can make it! Eeeeeee, I'm so excited! Even if it just ends up being the three of us watching the DVDs, it will be so fun!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Mar 30th 2012, 4:49 pm

Let's get a day, or days then if we can because my summer is quickly being allocated, and I'm trying to book vacations around this -- I would be super bummed if I ended up being out of town -- and other people need my block out days (people who may already be inclined to think that this is a pretty silly endeavor to begin with).

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 3rd 2012, 2:27 pm

So, there hasn't really been a lot of responses since we first started talking about this in August... I guess I'm having trouble picturing what this will look like in reality.
A few people watching DVDs? - Awesome. It would be totally fun. Tino can bring the Chinese takeout. If it's just a few I can offer my place; am I the only one local to the LA area? (I'm not in the city).
If it were more people, more of an event, I had thought maybe of renting a theater, like Cinefamily, or the Culver City Theater, etc., or figuring out something at the Paley Center (which, actually, may be even easier to do with a small group of people, and cost effective). Part of me says if we held it at the Cinefamily, and promoted it with them (which I'm not sure if they'll do), random Angelinos would fill the seats, but maybe not.
Sightseeing? The house? The church? What other landmarks? The school, LACMA (the museum). All of it? Some of it?

What do others think?