Felicity

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Felicity

Post by dTheater » Mar 26th 2002, 2:22 am

All of my favorite shows were cancelled because the creator started working on somethong else. Obviously, one of the reasons MSCL never returned is because Winnie Holzman and Scott Winant were busy working on a movie which ended up being really terrible if I recall correctly. Sports Night didn't get a second chance because Aaron Sorkin saw success with The West Wing. I could go on, but these are the pitfalls of watching good TV shows that never get an audience.

As for Felicity, the only episodes I ever watched were the Pink Guy ones. I thought possibly I could be suckered into watching another episode, but then Amy Jo Johnson left and I had no reason to.

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Felicity on DVD

Post by socalledfan » Jul 10th 2002, 9:50 am

Hello all,

I am a HUGE fan of Felicity and was sad to see it cancelled at the end of this season.

However, I recently learned that all of Season 1 (which was the best season, in my *humble* opinion) will be released on DVD in November 2002.

Just wanted to pass on this news to anyone who might be interested.

I'll keep a watch on where it goes on sale on the web.

Socalledfan
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

"Felicity" on DVD

Post by Sascha » Jul 18th 2002, 8:26 am

There were rumors about this for quite some time floating on the net, now it's official: "Felicity", "Once And Again" and "Sports Night" will be released on DVD on November 5th.

Here's the article from Variety/Yahoo for more information:

'Once,' 'Sports,' 'Felicity' Get New Life on DVD
Wed Jul 17, 3:24 AM ET
By Scott Hettrick

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Less than a week after Fox announced it would bring last season's innovative drama "24" to DVD with unprecedented speed on Sept. 17, Disney said it would release the full seasons of acclaimed-but-short-lived ABC series "Once and Again" and "Sports Night," as well as "Felicity," all on Nov. 5.

Both "Felicity," which aired on the WB, and "Sports Night" were produced by the TV arm of Imagine Entertainment, which was based at Disney at the time. "Once and Again" was canceled last season after moving around the ABC primetime schedule for several seasons in an effort to expand on its small but passionate audience.

Each boxed set will be priced at $79.99. The "Felicity" and "Once and Again" sets include the first season and pilot episodes. The "Sports Night" set includes all episodes from the series.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st ... n_dvd_dc_1

Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLJS
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLFY

Woha, this is going to be a very expensive fall for tv series fans: "Felicity", "24", "Once and Again" and "My So-Called Life" all on DVD .... and I need a bigger tv ;-)

Now, there's only "Freaks and Geeks" missing... :-(
Last edited by Sascha on May 15th 2004, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

:D

Post by socalledfan » Jul 18th 2002, 1:46 pm

I am sooooo excited about Felicity. My second favorite show of all time, behind MSCL.

Felicity AND My So-Called Life on DVD??? What more could a gal ask for...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: :D

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 18th 2002, 2:22 pm

socalledfan wrote:What more could a gal ask for...
One meeellion dollars!

Wait, you meant realistically.

:wink:

Okay, I'll settle for what SCF said.

:o

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Jul 18th 2002, 2:25 pm

Do we know anything about special features on any of these?

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

I'll take it!

Post by socalledfan » Jul 18th 2002, 2:26 pm

Candygirl,

Yeah, I'll take the "one meeeelion dollars" too!!!

LOL

:lol: :lol:

That way I could quit my job and spend all day every day watching MSCL!!!

What a life....

8)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 18th 2002, 2:29 pm

Well if I happen to stumble upon one meeeellion dollars, you can come over for the MSCL viewing party. Once the DVDs are burning hot from repeated viewing, then we'll watch Say Anything, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, When Harry Met Sally, heck I don't know how this marathon will take because the list just gets longer and longer.

:lol:

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jul 18th 2002, 9:34 pm

StrawberryGirl wrote:Do we know anything about special features on any of these?
I know little about the Felicity and O&A DVDs, but the Sports Night DVD will have no extras. One of the Disney people involved in putting together the set has been updating the Sports Night forum and since they are all produced by the same people, I would imagine none of them have any extras.
- Jim

http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Jul 19th 2002, 10:25 am

dTheater wrote:I know little about the Felicity and O&A DVDs, but the Sports Night DVD will have no extras. One of the Disney people involved in putting together the set has been updating the Sports Night forum and since they are all produced by the same people, I would imagine none of them have any extras.
blah to that! Oh well, I still have my whole MSCL disc full of bonus features- or I will have it around the end of August, with any luck. :)

Audrey

felicity

Post by Audrey » Jul 19th 2002, 11:26 am

Hey guys. :D Been readin all bout felicity, and i have to say it sounds intriguing. :shock: People often say that dawsons creek is as good as mscl, :? which i couldnt disagree more with. Seeing as your all avid life fans (like me), 8) i imagine u can spot a good show, so i want to see felicity. Does anyone know if its aired in England before, or if it is going to be :?: . Cheers peeps. :wink: Ps got a little carried away with the smily face thingys. Tee Hee Hee. Pps goin under name of audrey cos forgot to log in blah blah blah, but im actually alica :?

bungalo13

Roswell on DVD?

Post by bungalo13 » Aug 6th 2002, 2:28 pm

Hey Guys,
This is kind of off topic....but so is the whole thread! As a huge Jason Katims fan I fell madly in love with MSCL a long time ago when it first aired. When I found out he was making a new show, Roswell, I started watching it and fell equally in love with it. Anyone heard anything good about a Roswell DVD release? Do you guys even like Roswell?
*BEN*

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Roswell on DVD?

Post by Sascha » Aug 6th 2002, 3:35 pm

bungalo13 wrote: As a huge Jason Katims fan I fell madly in love with MSCL a long time ago when it first aired. When I found out he was making a new show, Roswell, I started watching it and fell equally in love with it. Anyone heard anything good about a Roswell DVD release?
There were some rumors for many months, but nothing official yet. It's been very quiet lately.
Do you guys even like Roswell?
Yeah, I've only seen season 1 & 2 and parts of s3 so far, but it was a very nice show - much better than similar shows like "Smallville" IMHO. The pilot episode was just amazing - it had this "MSCL feeling". And I always thought of it as a crossover between X-Files and My So-Called Life. And MSCL-writer Winnie Holzman as well as "Brian" Devon Gummersall (Oh, how I envy him for kissing Shiri Appleby and Claire Danes... :wink:) did appear on the show, so yet another reason for MSCL fans to watch the show...

But as a Jason Katims fan, you'll be interested to hear that David E. Kelley will not longer continue his work on "Boston Public". Now guess who will be the new head writer of the show... :-)

From zap2it.com:

Writer-producer Jason Katims will be replacing Kelley. No stranger to high school angst, Katims developed and executive produced the teen alien drama, "Roswell." In 1994, he was a writer on ABC's cult hit teen drama, "My So Called Life." Katims will be the show's new head writer and will executive produce "Boston Public" along with longtime Kelley
collaborator Jonathan Pontell ("Ally McBeal," "The Practice").

Oh, and to push this topic even more off-topic (but hey, we are in the "off topic subforum): "Mad about you" will be released on DVD! yay!

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Aug 6th 2002, 10:38 pm

sab wrote:...Devon Gummersall (Oh, how I envy him for kissing Shiri Appleby and Claire Danes...
When did he kiss Angela? Or are we actually talking Claire?
sab wrote:But as a Jason Katims fan, you'll be interested to hear that David E. Kelley will not longer continue his work on "Boston Public". Now guess who will be the new head writer of the show... :-)
Katims will be the show's new head writer and will executive produce "Boston Public" along with longtime Kelley collaborator Jonathan Pontell ("Ally McBeal," "The Practice").
I gotta say, I don't care if Shakespeare was the head wrier for Boston Public, I honestly think that's the worst fictional television show ever made (I had to make a point of saying "fictional" because it couldn't possibly be worse than Survivor, Big Brother, ad nauseum).
- Jim

http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 7th 2002, 4:57 am

dTheater wrote:
sab wrote:...Devon Gummersall (Oh, how I envy him for kissing Shiri Appleby and Claire Danes...
When did he kiss Angela? Or are we actually talking Claire?
Yeah, I meant Claire. According to some rumors they were a couple for a few weeks during or before the shooting of MSCL.
I gotta say, I don't care if Shakespeare was the head wrier for Boston Public, I honestly think that's the worst fictional television show ever made
Oh, that's the first time that I hear something negative about the show. It hasn't aired yet here in Germany, but I really enjoyed the other Kelley shows like "Picket Fences", "Ally" and "The Practice", so I had high hopes for "Boston Public". What's so bad about the show in your opinion? Can it really be worse than "7th Heaven"? ;-)