Why did the writers have Jordan and Rayanne sleep together?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Cami A.
Catalano

Re: Why did the writers have Jordan and Rayanne sleep together?

Post by Cami A. » Aug 8th 2008, 4:29 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:Actually, I love that scene. It's one of my favorites to watch, but I do agree with that sentiment.
Really? It doesn't make your skin crawl?!? What do you enjoy about it?
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

bert
Frozen Embryo

Post by bert » Aug 11th 2008, 5:12 am

Its cool. actually its not a big deal so far, anybody can sleep with someone we like. :angel:

------------------------------------------

bert

WideCircles

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Nov 18th 2008, 3:33 pm

majesty wrote:
II think, though, that a major theme of the show is ever-evolving relationships. We can't expect Angela and Rayanne's friendship to simply stay stagnant forever. It would have to eventually progress or perhaps diminish in one way or the other over time. Just like with Sharon, Angela's relationship with Rayanne (and all of the other characters on the show) was going to require some adjustments.

What I like most is the way the show handled things. It didn't seem purely for "drama" that the thing occurred. The reactions were natural, and (in the show's usual fashion) nothing is cut and dry. Angela doesn't simply cut both of them out of her life. She has to still interact with both of them, especially Rayanne. And I think the show indicates they will be friends again, just like she mended her friendship with Sharon and just like Camille Cherski forgave Patti.

Thank you for that majesty, I could not agree more. What we all hated happening in the show was why we loved it. It couldn't have been a show about how happy Angela was and how everyone got along all the time or NO ONE would have watched it, let's be honest! I also wanted to point out one of the biggest insights we got as to why Rayanne slept with Jordan was when Rickie says that Rayanne always partly wanted to be Angela. Sorry if someone already mentioned that. That answered all of my questions, even though I hated the fact that it happened... It felt like "The End" before it was really the end.
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.

redordead
Tino

Post by redordead » Jun 2nd 2009, 4:28 pm

I think it's exploring the two worlds of Angela, the sexually active Rayanne and Jordan( the adult world she's moving in to) and her own doubts about having sex and her safe 'child' world that she's moving out of.

It seems to me that the kids who are sexually active are not happy about it, they are all full of doubts and the only ones you see having a fun time are Patti and Graeme as part of marriage.