Claire Danes in Evening

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Claire Danes in Evening

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 20th 2007, 6:36 pm

Plot summary from imdb:
A dying woman reflects on the time in her youth when she met the love of her life as her two daughters wrestle with their mother's impending death and their own personal issues.
Also starring Meryl Streep, Toni Collette, Patrick Wilson, Hugh Dancy, Glenn Close, Vanessa Redgrave, and Natasha Richardson.

Scheduled release date is June 15, 2007.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jun 29th 2007, 11:55 am

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie because I read the book several years ago when I was backpacking in Europe, so it has some sentimental ties. but not to mention the amazing cast. you hardly ever see so many great actresses together in one film. I think it also proves the caliber of Claire Danes to be acting with all these legends. it hasn't gotten great reviews that I've seen so far, but I'm going to ignore all that and see it anyway. :)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 30th 2007, 3:06 pm

Yeah, the reviews don't look good -- I had high hopes for this movie (maybe even finally some Oscar recognition for Claire) but now most movie critics just call it "a waste of talents". At least they don't blame Claire or one of her co-stars, it seems like the script wasn't that good after all. If you want to see the movie, better go soon -- it probably won't run long as there are some more summer blockbusters coming up.

And it looks like only Claire is doing some PR for the movie right now (she dropped by at Letterman this week).

Oh dear. First "The Flock" and now "Evening". Claire just has bad luck this year. At least she seems happy with her new boyfriend Hugh Dancy and there's still "Stardust" in the pipeline... But after that? As far as I know she doesn't have any new projects lined up. Maybe she's taking a break from acting.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Evening DVD available

Post by Sascha » Sep 26th 2007, 10:01 am

For those who missed "Evening" in theaters: The DVD was (already!) released yesterday (Sep 25th, 2007) -- an HD DVD is also available.

Oh, and the movie is now playing in theaters in the UK (probably not for long though, the reviews were pretty bad).

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Re: Claire Danes in Evening

Post by TomSpeed » Oct 3rd 2007, 12:25 pm

I got it from Netflix. I'll comment on it after I get a chance to see it.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

annette
Liberty High Student

Post by annette » Oct 20th 2007, 12:20 pm

i managed to buy the dvd when i was on hols in canada (i am from the uk) and have watched it this morning, the film is really good, and the cast is fantastic, god knows why the reveiws were so bad, has any one else on here seen in??

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Oct 26th 2007, 2:03 pm

I really liked Evening. I thought Claire was really good. She was so beautiful. I thought she sung pretty well, too.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/