13 years "My So-Called Life"

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

13 years "My So-Called Life"

Post by Sascha » Aug 28th 2007, 4:49 am

It's that time of year again: "My So-Called Life" celebrates its 13th "birthday". On August 25th 1994 ABC aired the pilot episode of "our" show. And it looks like the 13th year is going to be a good one: New DVD releases all over the world will hopefully hook an entire new generation to "My So-Called Life". Imagine that a 13-year old girl who discovers the show today on DVD wasn't even born when the show originally aired.

Also, in the month of August, we have some other anniversaries: the german MSCL mailing list "Let's bolt" turned 10 years old earlier this month. And MSCL.com is now nine years online.

:new-bday:

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Aug 28th 2007, 3:55 pm

I remember watching the pilot 13 years ago.

I saw a commercial for the show, sometime in the early summer of 94, and thought, that show looks interesting, I'll have to remember to check it out when it's on. I was hooked five minutes into the show.

I watched the pilot again on the 13th anniversary. I guess I'm still hooked on the show.

Steve
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Aug 29th 2007, 11:59 pm

In a way, it's hard to believe it's been that long ago. I still love to watch it!
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

His_Girl_Red
Jody Barsh

Post by His_Girl_Red » Aug 30th 2007, 4:45 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MSCL!!!!

I cannot believe I started watching this show 11 years old and people are still just as hooked on it as I am today! I remember sneaking the TV on in my room back then to watch it and being instantly addicted. I'm so glad they're giving it the recognition it deserves and that you guys are giving fans like me a chance to reminisce about it. You guys rule!
"I was goin' nowhere,
goin' nowhere fast.
Drownin' in my memories,
livin' in the past.
Everythin' looked black 'til I found her.
She's all I need, and that's what I said.
Oooh, oooh, oooh, I call her `Red'."