Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Jan 3rd 2007, 1:20 am

Hi all. I'm new here. I got hooked on MSCL when it was on ABC then got to see all of the season on Mtv. I bought the boxed set a few years ago back before it got to be so outrageously exspensive. It's really too bad it only lasted one season.
Teri

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 3rd 2007, 5:39 am

Welcome to the forum! I love your location. I took a class on Dante's Inferno and love referring to the seventh level of hell.

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Jan 3rd 2007, 10:06 pm

Thanks candy! It does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
Teri

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Hi everybody

Post by Brunkster » Mar 21st 2007, 11:56 am

I'm new here on this site. I first saw MSCL when MTV aired reruns back in '96. At first it was a guilty pleasure, but I soon became an unabashed fan. I hope MSCL fans still frequent this site to share their enthusiasm about the show. This is a great site!

Take care, all!

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Mar 21st 2007, 10:46 pm

Hi Brunkster! Welcome!

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Mar 21st 2007, 11:27 pm

Thanks Rainey! Or is it Mischief? Or Rainey's_Mischief?

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Mar 24th 2007, 12:09 am

Whichever one you want! :lol:

Shukriyya
Tino

Post by Shukriyya » May 18th 2007, 8:33 am

Hi, I'm new. I just registered to comment on the R2 DVD set when I saw that you didn't have any information on subtitles yet.

I saw the series on TV when I was 13. Although I didn't remember much about the series I knew that I absolutely loved it back then. So I was hoping for a R2 release and got really excited when I heard that the DVD set was going to come out in May. My set arrived today! :D I'm really looking forward to watching this series again.

See you around! :)

rotaryspirit
Frozen Embryo

Post by rotaryspirit » May 20th 2007, 2:20 am

I'm a 24 year old University Student in Vancouver, BC.

I remember watching this show thanks to my cousin, Meghan. She's 4 years older than me and was 16 when the show first came on; she told me to sit down and watch it once and I was hooked.

Watching the episodes now is difficult. I haven't watched series since it first when off the air, only really catching an episode here or there on MTV. Yet I found myself after only watching the first episode recalling lines; getting excited at what was happening. The show hasn't aged; I have, but I almost feel like crying after watching it. All the old feelings of hurt, abandonment, and frustration I felt when the show went off the air came back.

This show meant a lot to the kids who watched it. I was so young it made a lasting impression on me, moreso than any other show I've ever watched in my entire life.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2007, 3:07 am

Welcome to the forum! I agree with you - whenever I watch episodes of MSCL, I am taken back in time. When the show initially aired, I was already 19 but it brought back the feelings I had when I was in high school (13-17). Even now, as a 32 year old, watching Angela struggle with her insecurities, her feelings, and her family, I feel like I'm an awkward teenager all again. Maybe the clothes haven't aged as well, but the emotions have IMHO.

:wink:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

oaksand
Overlooked Sibling

Post by oaksand » May 21st 2007, 4:59 pm

i think the clothes are still pretty funky although i may be living in the past and not 'with it' as regards todays fashion!?

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » May 23rd 2007, 1:29 am

I was already in my 20's when the show first aired and I just loved it instantly! I still watch my boxed set. I'll start with the first one and go in order and watch them over a few days. I do wonder what would have happened if there was a season 2. Would Angela and Rainey patched up their friendship? Would Angela and Jordan have gotten back together? Would we ever really see Tino?!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 23rd 2007, 2:20 am

Rainey's_Mischief wrote:I do wonder what would have happened if there was a season 2. Would Angela and Rainey patched up their friendship? Would Angela and Jordan have gotten back together? Would we ever really see Tino?!!
Winnie answered that question a few years ago. You can read about it here.

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » May 23rd 2007, 2:57 am

Thanks so much for pointing me to that thread. I'd never seen it before. What a cool class that would have been.

The only thing I didn't agree with was Patty and Gram divorcing. I couldn't see that happening. Oh well, all we have at this point is speculation but it was neat to read that thread to see what she had in mind.
Thanks again!

RM
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

PaulaHelena
Frozen Embryo

Post by PaulaHelena » Jun 20th 2007, 7:50 am

Hey everyone.
I just joined this forum.My name's Paula-Helena, or Helena as my friends call me.I'm 17 years old and a long-time fan of MSCL.I watched the show when it aired here back in 2000.
I'm from the west part of Finland.It's a hot summer here now. x)
"I'll find myself in the end.."