Veronica Mars

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 14th 2005, 7:43 pm

Rob answered some fan questions in his most recent email:
I know I’m not your intended demographic, but…

Every third e-mail I receive includes some version of this phrase. Honestly, I just turned 40. I’m trying to write a show that I would watch. The writers don’t sit around the offices trying to think of what teenagers would be interested in. We try to find some universal themes that teenagers are experiencing but the rest of us have experienced. By not pandering to teenagers, the hope is that teen viewers feel respected and older viewers feel welcome. There’s just a ton of teen-based stuff I respect too much to feel goofy or guilty about liking. Say Anything. Freaks & Geeks. Buffy. Heathers. My So Called Life, etc.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 15th 2005, 8:11 pm

Other interesting news:
Joss has agreed to guest star on the show. We’re firming up plans to have him play a testy, rental car manager in episode six.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 15th 2005, 11:21 pm

candygirl wrote:Other interesting news:
Joss has agreed to guest star on the show. We’re firming up plans to have him play a testy, rental car manager in episode six.
Very cool, I know he is a big fan of the show.

-LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 13th 2005, 5:20 am

For the VM fans out there, the Go Pirates sweatshirt! You know, just in case the DVD and soundtrack weren't enough to satisfy your Veronica Mars shopping spree.

:mrgreen:

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 13th 2005, 6:58 am

Audio commentary by Rob Thomas for the pilot episode: http://slaverats.com/files/DVD_Commentary.mp3

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 13th 2006, 9:30 pm

So when does the new season start?

-LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 14th 2006, 4:19 am

October 3rd at 9pm!

CW just aired the S2 finale again last night which got me all excited about the new season - I can't wait!

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 14th 2006, 2:01 pm

I just happened to pass the lead actress (is it Kristin Bell?) on the street in NYC last week. she was all dolled up and cute looking, maybe doing talk shows? anyway, I was excited as she's my first celeb sighting! tee hee

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 2nd 2006, 10:17 pm

candygirl wrote:October 3rd at 9pm!

CW just aired the S2 finale again last night which got me all excited about the new season - I can't wait!
Very, very cool.

Thanks,

LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 3rd 2006, 2:02 am

Thankfully I already watched the S3 premiere online (the CW has been putting their season premieres online a week before they air on tv) because a dinner I was supposed to attend on Thursday was moved to Tuesday night!

emmie, that's so cool that you saw Kristen Bell - she is so cute!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 11th 2006, 10:23 pm

I've seen my first two episodes of this show this season. I'm not really looking for a new show to watch, but it seems good -- she's really awesome. Has she done any movies?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 12th 2006, 12:14 am

I think Kristen Bell was in "Reefer Madness"... or the one about marijuana that was a musical recently... I think that's the title...???
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 12th 2006, 4:08 am

She's done a few movies, including Reefer Madness which aired on HBO, and Gracie's Choice (a Lifetime movie). She had very big roles in both of those movies. More recently, she starred in Pulse, an adaptation of a Japanese horror movie co-starring Ian Somerhalder (Lost), Christina Milian (singer of "Dip It Low"), Jonathan Tucker (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake from a few years ago), and Samm Levine (Freaks & Geeks). It was released over the summer and didn't do too well at the box office.

She has two new movies coming out soon: Flatland (an animated film based on the Edwin Abbott book) and Fanboys costarring Sam Huntington (Superman Returns), Tony award winner Dan Fogler, Jay Baruchel (Undeclared), and Chris Marquette (Joan of Arcadia).

She has had some very good guest starring roles on The Shield and Deadwood. Although the rest of the Veronica Mars cast is excellent, Kristen Bell really carries the show with her impeccable timing and incredible range. She is freaking awesome.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Feb 9th 2007, 2:40 pm

I've watched the show off and on since it aired, but I've seen almost every ep this season. I like it better that she's in college, maybe it's more believable? the only thing that bothers me is that they feel like there has to be something solved every single episode. like this week's ep ....

spoiler warning just in case

[spoiler]she was having major issues with her boyfriend Logan with the whole affair thing. if that was me, I would barely be able to go to class, much less solve someone else's problems. on a side note, I know she did the right thing by backing off that girl's car, but man, I really wanted to see it crushed! ha ha[/spoiler]

but yeah, overall, I'm really liking the show.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 24th 2007, 10:49 pm

I'm an official fan of the show now, and it's driving my boyfriend crazy. Netflix got me caught up with the first two seasons (man it's hard watching one DVD at a time, especially when the show is so suspenseful!), and I've watched everything this year. Looking forward to it starting up again, enough of the PussyCat Doll malarkey!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !