Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Arch Geek
Tino

Hi

Post by Arch Geek » Jun 26th 2005, 2:38 pm

Hi,

I'm new here. I found out about this show after I first became addicted to MTV's animated show: Daria. I found that nearly every newspaper or magazine article written about Daria compared it to "My So-Called Life." So I was initially interested in MSCL just to see how it had influenced Daria, but I have since become absolutely fascinated by MSCL itself. The character I most identify with is Brian. The similarities are actually pretty scary: when I was in high school, I was exactly like him right down to appearance. I can totally understand the way he acts toward Angela, and its simultaneously painful and captivating to watch their interactions. I haven't yet watched all of the episodes but once I have, I want to try to understand Angela's behavior toward Brian, which can seem totally inscrutable at times.

It's great to see that there are still so many persistent fans of this show.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 26th 2005, 2:55 pm

I already said this, but welcome to the forum Arch Geek! Great intial posts!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

*SweetnLow*
Tino

Arch Geek

Post by *SweetnLow* » Jun 27th 2005, 1:44 am

Welcome To The Forum Arch Geek
<3
Ashlee

Rae
Frozen Embryo

Post by Rae » Jul 17th 2005, 11:26 pm

Hey everyone! I’m new here, obviously. My name’s Rachel, and, you guessed it, I’m into MSCL. I’m currently fifteen years of age, and I’m getting lamer by the second! One would guess by my personality and looks that I wouldn’t be a particularly shy girl, but I am. However, if you were to catch me in the drama room or with a gaggle of friends, you’ll find I’m a very flamboyant young lady. My hair has been a lot of different colours, but it’s blonde right now, with a friend-done streak of pink. I have three facial piercings (eyebrow, monroe, and off-centre labret), and I have a tendency to dance (horribly) in public. Enjoy your wild ride on the Rachel-train! It’s all-aboard to funtown!

What? I told you I was lame. :P
"Hey bro."
"Why do you call me that?"
"Because, Rachel, you're my bro."
"But, I thought that in order to be your bro, you had to, oh, I don't know, have a penis!?"
"Oh... well... uh... I'll change that rule for you, bro."

Bint
Frozen Embryo

Post by Bint » Sep 2nd 2005, 8:29 pm

Hello.

About two years ago I began to frequent this board (mostly reading rather than posting) but due to housing and financial reasons I had to leave the internet behind and thus had no constant contact to this site. Now, however, my circumstances have changed so I decided to log on and sign up.

I was introduced to My So-Called Life when I was about eighteen years old, or so. A UK television channel began to show re-runs of the show, which I had never had the pleasure of viewing before. Not long after the first episode began, I was hooked and addicted, never to be the same again. I followed Angela and her friends through the series and felt completely devestated when I found that only nineteen episodes existed. Thankfully, the same television channel re-aired them again a few months later and I managed to tape them. Not long after the tapes became worn. MSCL slipped out of my life.

Months of darkness and confusion past untill...

A week ago, I purchased the DVD of the series from Ebay and will be received the episodes soon (I hope). I cannot wait to watch them. The anticipation has brought me on here to be in contact with fellow MSCLers.

Just a little about me...
I'm twenty-one years old. I live over in the United Kingdom in a city called Leeds. I'm in Leeds studying English Literature (in a couple of tedious years I hope to have a PhD in the subject.)
I love life, I love people and I love My So-Called Life so I cannot wait to get posting...
Love, love, love, all the wretched cant of it.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Sep 3rd 2005, 1:10 pm

Welcome to the forum, Bint!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

ThrozzyFoxx
Tino

Post by ThrozzyFoxx » Sep 9th 2005, 11:19 pm

Haldo....ummm yeah I usually don't do this whole introduction thread thing, but I thought to myself, what the hell you have nothing better to do... so I'm Hannah... 16, Canadian.... thats about it.... I play Bass in a band called Throzzy.... ummmm.... I can tought my nose with my tounge :P :-P :D hahahaha!!!! if you want to know more about me go here http://www.myspace.com/throzzy2

lecter5761
Tino

Post by lecter5761 » Sep 13th 2005, 7:50 pm

It's really funny how life works...11 years ago I'm sitting in California watching mscl after a night class at college, now I'm moving to Pittsburgh. It probably has at least as much to do with mscl and George Romero as it does with amazingly low house prices. On a different subject, it's vaguely depressing that I'm now closer in age to Graham and Patty than Angela and Brian *feeling old*. By the way, I'm new...Hi everybody, My name's Randy/28/ California, but soon to be near Three Rivers (yes, I know it's fictional :P )

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Sep 14th 2005, 10:14 am

Welcome ThrozzyFoxx and Lecter5761!

renata
Frozen Embryo

aloha....

Post by renata » Sep 22nd 2005, 11:30 pm

Kinda started watching the show when I was real young and prolly abit too young to watch. whatever. wish it hadnt ended but thats like, huh?

im never good with these... introduction-y... things..
-the ants were just, you know, doing their thing..

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 8th 2006, 4:18 am

I'm not new, but I haven't been to the forum since the fall, and so I thought it would be nice to give you all a formal hello! I got really sick for a while, and then there have been quite a lot of illnesses in my family this year, and work is still overwhelming, my computer wasn't working for a while, then I didn't have internet access for a while, and then other pieces of my life started demanding a lot of attention, and time just passed. It's the last night of spring break for me, and I thought this would be a good time for my first posts in a long time.

I really want to apologize to lance -- I seriously left you hanging there, unintentional as it was. I am very sorry about that.

I am looking forward to reading all of the activity that I've missed, and getting caught up on everyone's lives.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 11th 2006, 3:35 am

Hi!
It is nice to see you back - I'm glad your life has calmed down a little bit: sounds like it got very crazy indeed...

:D

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

BeverlyHills_RockStar16
Overlooked Sibling

Post by BeverlyHills_RockStar16 » Apr 20th 2006, 4:21 pm

hey, i mean hi yeah i'm kinda a newbie i guess, and i so-l.o.v.e this show!! because its so real, unlike all those other shows, that are so far-fetched , fake, and have happy endings, i think my so-called life shows the situations of like real life. I have the DVD box set, i really like brian him and sharon they are like my FAVE characters. brian cuz he's so c.u.t.e n' just ways that he is,and sharon, i dont really have a reason why... i just like her.
rockiced_dimonds_BeverlyHills style
shopping is amazing

sark
Frozen Embryo

Post by sark » Jun 12th 2006, 2:37 pm

^I'm so jeolous you have the box set

Hey! total newb here. I can't believe there is still an active mscl forum, 12 years later! That proves it never should have been cancelled. I just got out of school so I'll be spending a lot of time on the computer. I'm excited to chat with you guys about the show. I also like tennis, reading long scifi novels, watching way too much TV (early Alias, Gilmore Girls, Battlestar Galactica, the list goes on and on), and I love music especially Joni Mitchell. Oh and chocolate, I'm a big fan. So that's it I guess.

dogood
Frozen Embryo

Post by dogood » Dec 23rd 2006, 11:12 pm

Heyhey all! I'm a newbie!! My name is Ali. I fould the show through my like (love hehe) of Jared Leto. I decided to look it up and see if there were any episodes on YouTube. I ended up watching the whole series in 2 days. I am hooked! :D
This is who I really am...