Kory Lasker's MSCL site

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
agnes
Frozen Embryo

Kory Lasker's MSCL site

Post by agnes » May 8th 2002, 12:47 pm

do you guys still remember that really really cool website of Kory Lasker? the one with a black background, the picture of the corridor at the top, and links with big white fonts in the middle? (well...sounds just like any other MSCL sites, huh?) anyway, that site was "gone" from the net several years ago, and i really miss it, especially the group of people who used to chat on the "guestbook". so, if anyone of you happen to read this message, do drop in and say hi, ok?

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Kory Lasker MIA, but not forgotten!

Post by mglenn » Jul 12th 2002, 11:20 am

About the time that we put up the first version of this site (August 25, 1998) Kory had graduated college and moved into the working world, his site followed him to the new firm he was working for. (Sorry I forget the name now) Anyway it was only up there for a short time and then disappeared. I attempted several times to get in contact with him through email but it never panned out. Its ashame really because his site had a lot of historical info on Operation Life Support from back in 94'-95'.

So thats what I know and remember!
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 12th 2002, 2:59 pm

Yeah, it's really sad that Kory and his site disappeared. It was one of the very first sites I visited when I finally got my internet access in 1995 or 1996. Luckily, I mirrored some parts of his site to my harddisk just a few months before it went offline.

You can still access one or two pages from his site through archive.org:
http://web.archive.org/web/199712112352 ... /mscl.html

Solvi Sneen's great MSCL website did also disappear a few years ago. It had lots of information and pictures of cast and crew and was regularly updated.

But I managed to gather most of the informations from those sites (and even more stuff) and hopefully, I'll be able to integrate them piece by piece into MSCL.COM over the next months (read: years ;-) ). Right now, I'm busy with re-doing the whole site from scratch. When it's finished it should be a lot easier to update the site in the future without having a degree in computer science ;-)

I just noticed that I started "the so-called fanfiction site" (which was later merged with MSCL.COM) almost exactly 5 years ago: on August 1st, 1997. Oh my god, I was soooo young back then ;-) ;-) ;-)

agnes
Frozen Embryo

Post by agnes » Jul 19th 2002, 2:35 am

Thanks for the URL, sab! It brings back so many memories reading those pieces of the site. Yeah, and those people in the guestbook were in fact some of my earliest net friends too! Like Jane, Dan, etc. How much I miss them now!
And I really look forward to seeing you "new" site. :D

I think Kory was a pretty great person too. I remember when he graduated college and had to move his site to another server, he sort of renovated his site a bit. He could have kicked us out of his guestbook. But then, he still took the effort and built a forum for us to chat! (I wonder if he's reading this right now :oops: )