Weeds

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Weeds

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 8th 2006, 4:02 am

Is anybody else watching this? It's Mary-Louise Parker's show on Showtime in which she plays a suburban widow selling marijuana to support her family. I don't think it's on DVD; I've just watched the first season on On Demand through my sister's cable. It is a really great show. (I tend to think that anything with Mary-Louise Parker in it is awesome (p.s. who else is looking forward to her return on West Wing?!), but this show really is great). I'm looking forward to the second season, which I believe begins in June.

MoonSongs
Tino

Post by MoonSongs » May 21st 2006, 8:04 am

I am totally into the show Weeds. Showtime would have been retarded for not making a second season. I do believe that Mary-Louise Parker won a Golden Globe for best acrtress in a television comedy and she definitely deserved it!
"Man you sleep like this stoner I knew. He was, like, dead. We had to check his breath with a mirror."

AniAnnika
Jody Barsh

Post by AniAnnika » Sep 5th 2006, 12:04 am

I just rented this on DVD and I LOVE it!!! Unfortunately, I don't have showtime and can't afford it but I will definitely rent the second season when it comes out!!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 5th 2006, 6:11 pm

I have the DVD's of first season and got my boyfriend addicted too (which is not ironic). I don't have cable, so I go to my parents for my Deadwood, Entourage, Sopranos, and Curb, and to my sister's for L Word and Weeds -- although I haven't seen any episodes so far for the season. On-Demand is cool (nobody I know has Tivo).
Last edited by Jody Barsch* on Sep 18th 2006, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 13th 2006, 4:38 am

I am Showtime-less (and HBO-less) as well, so it's on my Netflix list. Did you know the maximum number of items you can have on your Netflix list is 500? I am going to really have to buckle down if I want to get through everything on my list.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?