My So-Called Post

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
pseudonym
Frozen Embryo

My So-Called Post

Post by pseudonym » Oct 12th 2005, 9:14 pm

Hi everyone. It's a pleasure to be here.
I discovered "My So-Called Life" last summer, when it started airing on the Family Channel up here in Canada. The commercials immediately caught my interest, but I took them with a grain of salt-- I didn't really know what to expect from the show. I was amazed by it.
It was groundbreaking; unlike anything I'd ever seen before. It wasn't superficial, but rather, meaningful. It didn't just deal with trivial, unimportant aspect of life, meant to entertain, but rather, it dealt with deeper issues, things that really matter.
It made me feel things I'd never felt before... made me look at the world around me in new ways...
How often does a TV show do that?
So, that's what brings me here. I'm so excited to have found an active community where "My So-Called Life" is discussed. Up 'til now, I've never really found anyone else who's seen the show... and for that reason, no one has really seemed to understand when I talk about it.

Anyway, of course, as we all know, the television series ended abruptly with little conclusion. This left me feeling very empty and disappointed. However, by chance, I came across a piece of literature during the summer that takes place after the end of the series. My younger sister (who's never even seen the show) checked out a book from the library called "My So-Called Life Goes On". I devoured it... metaphorically; I don't eat books (often). It really made me feel more content about the show's ending... I felt like things were wrapped up. I sincerely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the show.

Alright, well, it was a pleasure to talk about that. I look forward to posting here more in the future!

JOEYEVANS
Tino

Re: My So-Called Post

Post by JOEYEVANS » Nov 11th 2005, 1:16 am

That was a great first post! So good that you actually got me to register.

Sorry you haven't been back since........oh well, I hope you do come back.

JOEY 8)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

chosenone76
Tino

Post by chosenone76 » Nov 29th 2005, 5:20 pm

So, that's what brings me here. I'm so excited to have found an active community where "My So-Called Life" is discussed. Up 'til now, I've never really found anyone else who's seen the show... and for that reason, no one has really seemed to understand when I talk about it.
I know how you feel. I don't have anyone here IRL to talk to about MSCL. And years after I saw all of the episodes, I still want to talk about it. That's how good this show was. I just found this community as well. I've been pretty busy with a forum of my own, but I was looking for MSCL fan fic last night and quite by accident stumbled upon this forum. I was incredibly happy to see that it's quite active and extensive. So ..yay!

:)