30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto's band)

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
thelizardqueen

30 Seconds to Mars

Post by thelizardqueen » Jul 10th 2002, 2:37 am

If you haven't heard already, 30 seconds to mars is Jared Leto's band. The Album is releasing in Canada July 30th, I'm not sure of the US date. I saw them at Edgefest (Canada Day Music Festival) and had the pleseure of meeting Jared Leto two days in a row. It was interesting because I brought with me the sleeve to my-MSCL soundtrack so he could sign it. He didn't seem to want to, I guess he's trying to distance his acting career from his music career which I can understand. So he signed a CD sampler instead. Keep an eye out for these guys they are really great and if there is a show comming to your town, Go. Jared is such a rockstar, I think their going to be big. Thought you guys might be interested. their website is http://www.thirtysecondstomars.com

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 10th 2002, 1:14 pm

Just a warning for the uninititated - people at the TSTM board will jump all over you for mentioning Jared or MSCL. Tread with caution.

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Post by mgreeson » Jul 12th 2002, 11:17 am

Yeah, they tend to jump on you if you even so mention Jared's name. But the band is actually pretty good. In the US I think the release date has been pushed back to late August, but I've managed to download all their songs off Winmix and make my own cd. I also heard they are working on their music video to be shown soon. Jared's voice sure is powerful. If you want to find pix of the band, however, you won't find them on the official site, you'd have to go to some other links like fan homepages and such since they still want to keep the mystery of the band intact. Jared's brother Shannon Leto is the drummer. :D
-This whole day has just been one big long thing that makes no sense.\"

The Lizard Queen

Post by The Lizard Queen » Jul 12th 2002, 8:17 pm

I must have wrote that at maybe 4am so I wasn't really reading the forum headers, and I posted in the wrong forum. No one actually attacked me for it though. lol
I guess I got lucky. :)

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

mgreeson

Post by mgreeson » Jul 13th 2002, 12:32 am

Yeah there is constant bickering back and forth on those message boards, and some seriously disturbed people. But for info on the band, I guess you just have to wade through all the BS. I did a chance to catch them at Music Midtown though, and for the short while they were up there, they were fantastic. I hope Leto doesn't abandon acting though, he's so good at it. And not bad to look at.... :P

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 13th 2002, 3:39 am

I hung in at the TSTM board for a while, but after I got back from vacation I realized that I didn't want to wade through all the whining/obsessions/holier than thou BS just to get myself caught up on a week's worth of posts. I'm on the wagon.

:D

I just get my Jordan fix here.

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

I agree

Post by mgreeson » Jul 15th 2002, 8:44 am

I agree, the only thing I use the board for is to get info on Jared!! Of course, I never let them know that. I'm upset though because I really wanted to be in the music video seeing as I want to be an actress anyway. But they already shot it and some of those stupid people on the board were actually in it since they live on the West Coast. :oops:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 5th 2002, 7:22 pm

Just a quick update for your Jordan lovers - the release date for the album is August 27. The band is doing a small club tour (see below) and then they will be opening for Incubus.

8/6 San Francisco, CA Pound
8/7 Los Angeles, CA Troubadour
8/9 Phoenix, AZ Mason Jar
8/10 Tucson, AZ The Rock
8/12 Dallas, TX Tea Room
8/14 Atlanta, GA Cotton Club
8/16 Chicago, IL The Metro
8/17 Pittsburgh, PA Nicks
8/19 New York, NY Mercury Lounge
8/20 Boston, MA Bills Bar
8/21 Philadelphia, PA Khyber Pass
8/22 Baltimore, MD Fletcher
8/24 Toronto, CANADA Playdium Mississauga
8/27 Minneapolis, MN Ascott Room
8/29 Denver, CO Blue Bird

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 7th 2002, 3:56 am

I saw TSTM perform at the Pound tonight and it was a great show (despite the fact that none of the band members came out to meet the fans). It was a small intimate venue and honestly was not very crowded so I thought they would mingle or at least meet and greet after their five song set (the two other bands that played were a lot friendlier) but I think the girl in front who kept yelling "TAKE YOUR PANTS OFF!" annoyed them. Can't blame them for that.

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Hilarious

Post by mgreeson » Aug 7th 2002, 8:43 am

That's hilarious. I'm goign to see them on the 14 in Atlanta. I too hope they mingle. I want to get a pic with Catalano.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 7th 2002, 2:13 pm

Well good luck - I saw neither hide nor hair of them after their set! I did get some good pictures while they were performing though. Jared's hair is long again - all of it, not just that mohawk thing he had going on - and is blonde with roots. He looked mighty fine. :D

He did mention "you get what you pay for" which I suppose was his way of saying that for $7 you shouldn't expect more than five or six songs out of them.

All drooling aside, they rocked. Anyone who has the chance should go see them, especially now that they are doing this small venue/low price kind of thing. Incubus tickets will be a lot more expensive, and I know a lot of people bought tickets to see Puddle of Mudd just so they could see TSTM open for them, then they bitched that TSTM didn't play longer. I only paid $7 and I still wanted more Jordan! :evil: Uh, I mean Jared.

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Awesome

Post by mgreeson » Aug 7th 2002, 2:43 pm

Yeah I got a pic with him when he was here before but I also noticed that in actuality he is not so nice. Rather conceited and knows he is super hot. Doesn't matter though, just makes him more appealing. We all love the quiet ones. Just like Jordan.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

the harder they push us away, the faster we chase after them

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 7th 2002, 4:36 pm

I find it amusing, ironic, and tee hee funny that you posted that the same day that the member statuses were updated and you are a Catalano!!

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Confused

Post by mgreeson » Aug 8th 2002, 8:42 am

What? I'm confused. And how did I become a Catalano?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 8th 2002, 2:41 pm

See the Announcements/Feedback forum.