QUESTion ABOUT the SHOW

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
retro_punk
Frozen Embryo

QUESTion ABOUT the SHOW

Post by retro_punk » Oct 7th 2005, 1:04 am

in the episode where angela and her mom are "supposed" to go in the mother daughterthing, who is the famous person on the t.v. in her class, that is saying that awsome speech? i've been looking everwhere to try and find it, but can't find it, please help!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 7th 2005, 3:44 am

Malcom X:
Who taught you, please, who taught you to hate the texture of your hair? Who taught you to hate the color of your skin, to such extent that you bleach, to get like the white man? Who taught you to hate the shape of your nose, and the shape of your lips? Who taught you to hate yourself, from the top of your head, to the soles of your feet? Who taught you to hate your own kind? Who taught you to hate, the race that you belong to? So much so, that you don't want to be around each other. Oh no, before you come asking Mr. Mohammed, does he teach hate, you should ask, who yourself, who taught you, to hate being what God gave you.
Welcome to the forum! Please make sure to read the forum rules.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?