Harry Potter book #6

Discuss your favorite books, stories and other literary matters here. Recommend reading material to other forum users. What's on your bookshelf?
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 7th 2005, 5:07 pm

I thought I'd already posted this, but apparently I am now remembering things that I INTENDED to do rather than things I have actually done!

The Guardian had a contest a few weeks before HP#6 came out. They asked people to write a scene about the death of Dumbledore using another author's style. The entries are hilarious!

http://books.guardian.co.uk/potter/page ... 82,00.html

There is also a band made up of two brothers called Harry and the Potters. They sing songs about Harry Potter. Mr. CG's favorite is Cornelius Fudge Is an Ass.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 24th 2005, 4:46 am

Small update - I have procured the remaining three HP books for my collection (I found books 3 and 4 on my father's bookshelf, book 5 I purchased from a charity shop yesterday, and book 6 I bought because it was on half price sale at the supermarket). So, I will commence reading them soon and post my thoughts.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 23rd 2005, 4:17 am

Just finished Prisoner of Azkaban, and it is a definite turning point for me. The story seemed so much more interesting; more subplots (Hermione's timetable, the Quidditch cup, Lupin etc) than in the previous two books. Near the end, it was actually difficult for me to stop reading! I picked up the Goblet of Fire immediately and read the first chapter...

I do agree with you that Harry is showing more maturity, but I still feel like he's too reliant on his friends; Hermione really pulled his fat out of the fire with the timetravel thing, and he has a tendency to rush headlong into action still, without thinking through. He also loses control of himself a bit too readily when his parents are involved. I'm guessing this is part of his development, to be expanded on in the later books.

So, thanks for recommending I continue - I really did genuinely enjoy the third book, and now looking forward to the fourth! :D

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 23rd 2005, 10:05 pm

the fourth is my favorite of the six books. so have fun reading it! the fourth film is coming out this holiday season.

:multi: