Prison Break

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 29th 2005, 10:43 pm

I just watched Prison Break tonight. I actually liked it quite a bit. the show was definitely able to keep the stakes high throughout the two hour premiere. plus, I'm curious how he's going to fanagle things to work out. it was interesting at the least.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 30th 2005, 2:26 am

I've been looking forward to this show because I liked Dominic Purcell in John Doe. Whenever I saw the commercials for Prison Break, I kept thinking that the other guy looked familiar and I kept meaning to look up the cast list and then promptly forgetting. I finally got around to it recently and saw that he played the mysterious bad guy on the last two episodes of Joan of Arcadia last season!

I think that Prison Break is similar to 24 or Lost - if you are willing to buy the premise (or at least just accept it), you will probably enjoy the rest of the show. I originally thought this would be a tv movie when I first heard about the plot, so I'll be interested to see if they can keep up the process of escaping from the prison without making it too long and drawn out. I liked it enough to keep watching!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 30th 2005, 5:52 pm

and don't forget that Wentworth Miller (or is it Miller Wentworth?) also guest starred on season 3 of Buffy in the ep, Go Fish. ha! ha! he seems to be a decent actor. he's got a great intensity and those eyes....wow those are great.

where was I? oh yeah. it reminds me too, of 24 in that it seems to be a gimmick show. it has an interesting premise, but what's going to happen after the first season? they couldn't possibly keep him in a prison for more than one season! but that's also what I thought about 24 and Lost. so color me wrong. I'm sure they'll think of something. also interesting to note, I saw Marti Noxon's name in the credits. I don't know how involved she is, but any involvement from her keeps my interest!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 30th 2005, 6:52 pm

But did you see Point Pleasant? Blech!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 30th 2005, 7:33 pm

touche

:P