MSCL MINI CONVENTION - LOCATION VOTE

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".

I WOULD ATTEND CONVENTION IN...

USA: any north-east city
34%
USA: any south-east city
7%
USA: any middle city
5%
USA: any west coast city
5%
USA: pittsburgh only
5%
USA: nyc only
2%
USA: california cities only
9%
USA: vegas only
5%
USA: any city
11%
OTHER COUNTRY: specify below
16%
WOULD NOT ATTEND ANYWHERE
2%

Total votes: 44

guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

Post by guitarchick » Nov 8th 2003, 10:01 pm

this is such a cool idea! I would definitely consider taking a trip down to LA if members of the cast and crew spoke.. that would be so amazing! I'd also be willing to help in any way I can... I'm from Montreal so I dunno what I could do from up here, but if there's anything, just let me know.

Emilie

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Apr 10th 2005, 2:34 am

is there any hope for a mscl fan reunion? we all care about this show so much, there must be some way to make this happen.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 29th 2005, 11:54 pm

grim4746 wrote:Name 3 things you want to do before you die: go to a MSCL convention ...
Sacha (sab) wrote: I guess such a "mini-convention" could be a reason to empty my bank account and finally visit the USofA for a few days.
Lance wrote: A convention is still a great idea.

My preference is Northeast, but anywhere in the continental US is doable if there is enough lead in time, say like a year.
pgh kenny wrote: is there any hope for a mscl fan reunion? we all care about this show so much, there must be some way to make this happen.
And many many others. … What can we do to make this happen?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 30th 2005, 5:30 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:What can we do to make this happen?
I guess for a first "mini-convention" (probably more of an informal get-together) we'd need someone with a big house and/or garden in the north-east of the US who would host a little BBQ party (or something like that). Preferably with a big TV to show one or two MSCL episodes.

If this is successful one could talk about planning bigger events in the following years.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jun 30th 2005, 11:37 am

so how do internet people address each other in the real life? do we go by our screen names? or reintroduce ourselves? because while it may seem silly to call people nostradamus, nothingman, starbug, candygirl, etc, I can't see you guys as anything else. my head may explode.

just curious. :)

ps, I live on the East. so in theory, it would be easier for me to try to meet up in this area of the world.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Jul 3rd 2005, 3:56 pm

That's hilarious Emmie. I agree I'd be inclined to use screen names, strange though it is.

I think a good way to start would be for a few of us to volunteer to look into the basic planning of a mini-convention. Once a small group is formed we would all meet in a chat room or messenger, the shoutbox or something and work out different responsibilities and schedule the next meeting. The downside is that it requires some motivation, time, effort and eventually money.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jul 3rd 2005, 7:52 pm

grim4746 wrote:That's hilarious Emmie. I agree I'd be inclined to use screen names, strange though it is.

I think a good way to start would be for a few of us to volunteer to look into the basic planning of a mini-convention. Once a small group is formed we would all meet in a chat room or messenger, the shoutbox or something and work out different responsibilities and schedule the next meeting. The downside is that it requires some motivation, time, effort and eventually money.
I would love to see a convention, even a few mini conventions get going.
Maybe do a few regional to start: California, Midwest and East Coast. See how those go and then try for something national.

What do you guys think?

-LanceMan

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 9th 2005, 3:27 am

I really think we should try to do this.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 5th 2021, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jul 10th 2005, 4:52 pm

pgh kenny wrote:So I can't sleep, but I was thinking again about this convention idea. I volunteer my house. My wife and I live in Pittsburgh about a mile from the Three Rivers confluence which makes it seem like an appropriate place for a first try at a convention. Actually, my avatar is a picture taken from the overlook near my house.

I can borrow a projector from work so we can watch episodes movie style.

I'd be willing to donate all the food and whatever we need since I wouldn't have any travel costs. I really think we should try to do this.
Let me 2nd this by saying:

I and my roomate (I checked with him, he said it would be cool) would love to host a California/Western States mini convention here at our lovely Santa Cruz beach house (literally not far from the beach). I can provide a good chunk of food but might need some help with some logistics and set up.

Several people could crash on our floor, we have plenty of air mattresses to go round and I can serve as chauffeur and pick up folks at the nearby San Jose International Airport. There are plenty of hotels in Santa Cruz as well. Santa Cruz might be nice middle place to meet for the folks in Northern and Southern California.

Anybody interested? Please let me know I would loooove to host this event and finally get to meet some of you in person.

-LanceMan

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 10th 2005, 8:27 pm

wow, if Lance and Kenny have those video cameras streamed into their computers (obviously I'm not all that computer literate with the lingo) we could have the mini-conventions simultaneously!! coast to coast connected!! [/sarcasm] :wink:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 11th 2005, 3:00 am

Wow, this is sounding exciting! If I stopped spending money on coffee, scrambled eggs and music, I could probably spring for the air fare to the East, but I could definitley make it to Santa Cruz. Thank you both to Kenny and Lance for the invitations. Anybody have a time frame in mind?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jul 11th 2005, 11:09 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:Wow, this is sounding exciting! If I stopped spending money on coffee, scrambled eggs and music, I could probably spring for the air fare to the East, but I could definitley make it to Santa Cruz. Thank you both to Kenny and Lance for the invitations. Anybody have a time frame in mind?
MSCL West Coast (how's that for a name?) can happen here in Santa Cruz anytime except this November (South Park Mini-Con already booked).

Post, PM me or e-mail me dates that work for you and will see what works for the majority. I think we will have a blast.

-LanceMan

slimeball
Tino

Post by slimeball » Jul 12th 2005, 3:24 pm

One more vote for Pittsburgh. :D

lecter5761
Tino

Post by lecter5761 » Sep 14th 2005, 4:59 pm

Pittsburgh does seem to be the obvious choice, even though the show wasn't actually filmed there.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 14th 2005, 6:47 pm

what about next spring or summer? I voted for the east coast because that is where I live now. but I'll be moving to the L.A. area next June.

in any case, no matter the location, it would be nice to have several months to plan and save up.

8)