Where the hell is Tino???

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
eggtastic
Tino

Where the hell is Tino???

Post by eggtastic » May 31st 2005, 4:30 am

THis guy is always late, never around, always messing stuff up.. did they ever show him?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » May 31st 2005, 11:28 am

No. Tino never physically appears in any of the 19 episodes.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 5th 2005, 10:48 pm

Here's a Tino question (if I, and possibly many others havn't already brought it up): in "Off the Wagon" Rayanne says, "Tino'd be telling me now if he were in school" how should we take it? Is he simply ditching, has he been suspended or dropped out, or is Tino actually not a registered student at Liberty (possibly even a few years older than all the other characters), and just likes to hang around at schools the same way he likes to hang around at hospitals... I find that last possibility entertaining, although I don't really buy into it.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 6th 2005, 4:58 am

I always thought it was because he was cutting classes/ditching/truanting... however you want to put it. I assumed that was how he knew Rayanne and Jordan, but that he rarely actually attended school. None of the other possibilities had ever really occurred to me, but I suppose I had always assumed he was about the same age as Jordan, and was still required to be in school as a result of his rather delinquent approach to it.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Clockwork orange
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Clockwork orange » Jun 6th 2005, 3:16 pm

My guess is Tino's 18 or 20, definitely sucks at school , like Catalano, only more inteligent
"What we do in life,echoes in eternity."

Gilly
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Gilly » Jun 6th 2005, 11:59 pm

I figured Tino was one of those losers that used to hang around high school kids even though they'd already graduated (usually because they were still up to the same antics). I didn't really think about if he'd graduated but I figured he was like 18 and was no longer enrolled in school. Where I live it's so easy to graduate that a monkey could do it. I'm sure even Tino could meet that criteria!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 6th 2005, 3:32 am

Gilly wrote:I figured Tino was one of those losers that used to hang around high school kids even though they'd already graduated (usually because they were still up to the same antics).
Heh, I used to warn one of my friends that he would turn into That Guy. Having a kegger after you've graduated from high school (or just left, whatever floats your boat) and then having the high school girls show up after the basketball game is just asking for trouble! You don't want to end up being Matthew McConaughey's character in Dazed and Confused.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 7th 2005, 12:40 am

Tino gets older, the girls stay the same age. :wink:
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Kryzbn1
Tino

Post by Kryzbn1 » Jul 8th 2005, 11:59 am

il
Last edited by Kryzbn1 on Jun 9th 2008, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Geek
Tino

Post by Arch Geek » Jul 8th 2005, 8:12 pm

[quote=Jody Barsch*]Here's a Tino question (if I, and possibly many others havn't already brought it up): in "Off the Wagon" Rayanne says, "Tino'd be telling me now if he were in school" how should we take it?[/quote]

I think he was literally a student at Liberty High just like the other kids. My guess is that we never meet Tino because Angela has never met him. So I think that Tino was simply left out of the show in order to emphasize the fact that Rayanne and Jordan have other friends that Angela has no contact with. In fact she was sort of on the social fringe, and Rayanne was her connection to the in crowd.

ele_93
Tino

Post by ele_93 » Aug 10th 2005, 10:26 pm

I agree with most of what you have all said, I also have this idea that maybe because they have described him so much and used so many different descriptors maybe they couldn't find the perfect person for the part so they figured to add character to the show they would let the viewers make up the perfect character in their mind!
I'm addicted to My So-called Life!

rayanne_g
Tino

Post by rayanne_g » Nov 30th 2005, 7:48 am

i think it was kinda weird how he was never shown, so you have this like image of him in your head, and your never gonna know if thats how he looked or not. i like how rayanne would always talk about him being arrested or whatever was going down with them, i dont think he was in school. probably got kicked out or just dropped out.

chosenone76
Tino

Post by chosenone76 » Nov 30th 2005, 12:21 pm

I love that we never actually got to see Tino. I thought it was pretty clever and funny to have them talk about this guy and yet we never see him. Heh