Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 6th 2005, 4:55 am

Welcome to the forum everyone! There is so much information on this site, you could literally browse for weeks. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 6th 2005, 8:46 am

welcome to the forum crimson-glow, gilly, & golden1! It's a cool place to hang out.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Apr 6th 2005, 6:56 pm

Welcome to the forum Newbies!! :D

Andee
Tino

Post by Andee » Apr 26th 2005, 12:38 am

Hey everyone. This is Andee. I love mscl with such a passion that i'm not even going to begin explaining my opinions:P Well, I live in Canada, and I dicovered mscl on the family channel this summer. my site is http://www.andreak.piczo.com if you want to check it out,. I have a mscl page on there too.
~Andee~

--- "Not that i've ever been to another country..."

Hyde
Frozen Embryo

Post by Hyde » May 28th 2005, 6:23 pm

Hello,

I am new to this site, and I wanted to just say hi!

My name is Bryan, and I live in America, Lake Charles, Louisiana. (my city is about 3 hours from New Orleans)

I am 27 years old and am a musican, teacher, and independent filmmaker.

I just happened upon this site, as I LOVE this show!
It is one of my favorites, but I haven't been able to watch it since MTV stopped showing it WAYYYYYYY back in the day.

Anywho, I am a white male, with brown hair... and I don't have any pics right now. Perhaps I will post one one day....but not right away.
I am politically moderate, and I don't judge anyone by their beliefs or ways. Although I am Catholic/Christian, I am more of the progressive kind that wants to see woman priests and stuff. However, I don't have a problem with anyone who feels differently. I try to love everyone, regardless of whether or not they are liberals, or conservatives, or of their lifestyles. (no matter what)
I was alot like Angela and her friends, and I think Brian and I would have been close pals. He and I are about the same except he was alot better at school than me.
Anyway, that is heads up on who I am.
I hope to make friends with all of you.

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » May 28th 2005, 10:24 pm

Welcome Hyde and Andee! Nice to have you here!

*SweetnLow*
Tino

im new as well.

Post by *SweetnLow* » Jun 2nd 2005, 4:56 pm

Hello, the names Ashlee. Im 15 and in love with MSCL. I watch it everynight on the family channel. I noticed that all of you are much older than I am, and are probley going to tell me to go find some other lame forum to post in. But whatever. I dream to one day be a photographer. As soon as I saw Brian and Angela go for yearbook, and the pictures Brian took were totally amazing. I love they way they used contrast when they did the screen editing. Well anyways, im in computer class right now, and shoulf probley start on my power point. Its about MSCl. Because thats my favorite tv show.

Good-day all.
<3
Ashlee

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2005, 8:14 pm

Although many of the people who post here are fans from MSCL's original airing in 1994, there are a lot of forum members who are new fans as a result of the-N and other channels reairing the show recently. The average age here is around 24, but we have members as young as 11. There are a fair amount of teenagers here. You seem awfully quick to assume that we're going to tell you to post elsewhere. Everyone is welcome here, regardless of age.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

*SweetnLow*
Tino

Post by *SweetnLow* » Jun 3rd 2005, 9:06 am

If im quick to assume, its because nobody really wants to listen to a 15 year old girl try and talk about a tv show. Most people do kick the teens out.
<3
Ashlee

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Jun 3rd 2005, 7:12 pm

Many of us were your age when MSCL debuted and can possibly relate to your impressions of the show, as well as other matters. Respect for each other is paramount at this site. True there are some sites that are exclusive but this is not one of them. The show is about a 15 year old girl, it would not do to silence 15 year old girls here. Welcome.

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Jun 4th 2005, 12:27 pm

You are exactly right Grim. Nicely put. :D

Welcome to the forum SweetnLow.

grim4746 wrote:Many of us were your age when MSCL debuted and can possibly relate to your impressions of the show, as well as other matters. Respect for each other is paramount at this site. True there are some sites that are exclusive but this is not one of them. The show is about a 15 year old girl, it would not do to silence 15 year old girls here. Welcome.

*SweetnLow*
Tino

Post by *SweetnLow* » Jun 4th 2005, 5:27 pm

Well Then.
<3
Ashlee

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 5th 2005, 11:24 pm

schris wrote:Welcome Hyde and Andee! Nice to have you here!
Ditto, welcome to the forum!

:D

-LanceMan

blueskiesfalling
Frozen Embryo

I am here.

Post by blueskiesfalling » Jun 15th 2005, 6:05 pm

Hey.

I should've done this years ago, but I'm either way to early to things or far away late.

But this board still seems to get a steady flurry of posts, and when there's posts, there's hope.

My name is Connor. I'm a writer. I'm originally (and ultimately) from Flint, Michigan, but I went to college in Chicago and hung around these parts (temping at a hospital) for the last four years while my girlfriend finished college and launched her career as a medical study coordinator. In August, we're getting married and then moving to New York City, where I'll puruse a MFA in creative writing at New School University.

So it's been an exciting year.

As for My So-Called Life, it's maybe the only thing in my life that I timed just right. I saw the original pilot when it aired on ABC in '94 (I'd just turned 16, and was a sophomore, just like Angela and co.) and managed to tape every single episode on shimmering VHS. Now, I've misplaced those tapes, which is a shame, because the DVDs are an arm and a leg. Fortunately, a friend let me borrow her's for a week.

MSCL wasn't only about the most sophisticated and intent teledrama ever, but it personally coincided with my discovery of music that didn't suck and a broader more varied range of friends. Nothing will ever occupy that same space for me.

Happy to be here (even if here is occasionally empty),

Connor
Email: connor@afterdusk.org
Blog: http://blueskiesfalling.blogspot.com
Quote: "In my room, one seam's a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me." -- Brian Krakow

*SweetnLow*
Tino

Post by *SweetnLow* » Jun 15th 2005, 10:11 pm

Welcome To The Forum Connor.
<3
Ashlee