(I heart) The OC

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
BriansAngst
Liberty High Student

Post by BriansAngst » Oct 29th 2004, 1:28 am

Is The OC really that good of a show? I've personally never watched it... but I think I was biased having grown up there :), but I was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest what other primetime show it's most similar to so I can get a mental idea unless it's so similar to all the other WB shows that are on right now then perhaps it's almost impossible.

BA

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 29th 2004, 1:45 am

Is it really good? Well, that's a matter of opinion. I'd say the best way to find out is to watch it or at least read a recap or two. I've never been the kind of person who feels that comparing one movie or show to another really does any justice to really capturing the feel of the show. Or maybe it's because I lived in LA for two years and people tend to compare everything new to something else ("It's Ally McBeal crossed with Lord of the Flies" or "Desperate Housewives is the new Knots Landing"). The show reflects a specific segment of the population in the OC, but since you lived in the area, you know that there are many different neighborhoods, populations, etc. I can't honestly compare it to anything on the WB because I don't watch One Tree Hill or anything like that - the last show I watched on the WB was Buffy before it moved to UPN. The OC is light and fizzy - a fun soap opera. Your mileage may vary though!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 29th 2004, 4:55 am

Megs wrote:
Sascha (sab) wrote:Adam Brody (Seth) and Rachel Bilson (Summer) just got engaged.
Sab, you have to sign up for that link. Has it been reported anywhere else?
Oh, sorry for that. Weird, I can access the article without registration, even with JavaScript activated. Maybe they only ask for registration if you access the site from the US.

Additionally to the links Candygirl mentioned, you can also search at news.google.com for more articles.

Yeah, it's difficult to say whether the show is good. It doesn't have the quality and standards of MSCL, but it's not as soapy as the shows that defined the genre like BH90210 or "Melrose Place" and it's really funny. The dialogues are fast and witty, the cast members obviously love their jobs. Of course, the show can't live without the usual complicated love triangles or even quadrangles. I tried to resist a long time to watch the show (I really hate shows like BH90210), but once I watched an episode, I was hooked, mostly because of the dry wit of Adam Brody's and Peter Gallagher's lines. Now I'm somewhere around episode 20 (of 27) and even though I sometimes fast forward through some of the more soapy and predictable storylines, I still enjoy the show. And as I already mentioned, the soundtrack is pretty cool IMHO.

BriansAngst
Liberty High Student

Post by BriansAngst » Oct 29th 2004, 1:05 pm

Oooh, but about Laguna Beach, the REAL O.C. :shock: LoL

MonicaG
Tino

Post by MonicaG » Oct 29th 2004, 7:02 pm

No, The O.C. is terrible. But who cares? Sometimes bad tv is just as entertaining as good tv (unless it's MSCL of course!) 8) 90210 was trash too & I watched that! :lol:
Claire Fans ~ Keep Voting!

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 8th 2005, 11:11 pm

I saw a commercial tonight for the OC that called it "the show that defined a generation". I really hope that wasn't referring to my generation!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 9th 2005, 3:12 am

I take offense at anything that is supposed to define an entire generation whether it's a show I like (The O.C.) or a band that I dislike (Nirvana). At least in the case of The O.C., you know it's just same stupid ad exec trying to market the show instead of some pinhead thinking that they are actually making a profound statement about millions of people.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 9th 2005, 9:42 am

I agree, candygirl. And furthermore, how can you say just one thing defines a generation? Could you say that Woodstock defined the "baby-boomer" generation? Not exclusively, because so many other things did as well, like the Vietnam war, women's rights, etc. And not everyone was involved in each of those things. I have never watched the OC - never even gave it a chance actually because I thought it looked pretentious and I knew I wouldn't be able to identify with any character or situation on the show. So how is that defining me? (If they are talking about my generation, which I am assuming they are.) Poor advertising, in my opinion. Of course, I'm probably one of the only people who noticed!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 16th 2005, 6:31 am

I posted a simliar message to the OAA thread; this time I'l post it here: (light SPOILER ahead!)
BILLY CAMPBELL AND JOHNNY MESSNER TO GUEST-STAR ON "THE O.C."

Billy Campbell will guest-star on THE O.C. in a multi-episode arc beginning Thursday, March 10 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Campbell's character, Carter, will arrive in Newport Beach to work with Kirsten (Kelly Rowan) on a new business venture. Johnny Messner also guest-stars as Lance, an opportunistic blast from Julie Cooper's (Melinda Clarke) past. His story arc also begins March 10.

Campbell and Messner's guest appearances were previously announced to start Thursday, March 3. An encore of "The L.A." episode of THE O.C., featuring guest appearances by Paris Hilton and Collin Hanks, is now scheduled to air on that date (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Campbell previously starred with Sela Ward on the critically hailed drama "Once and Again." In 1999, Campbell was recognized with a Golden Globe nomination in the category of Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama and a People's Choice Award in the category of Best Male Performer in a New Series. Campbell made his television debut as a guest star on the network series "Family Ties" and "Hotel" before becoming a series regular as the character "Luke Fuller" in the long-running primetime drama "Dynasty." His other television credits include a series regular role in NBC's "Crime Story" and the lead in ABC's "Moon Over Miami." Campbell appeared in Armistead Maupin's acclaimed miniseries "Tales of the City" and "More Tales of the City," the ABC television movie "Max Q" and CBS's telefilm "Monday After the Miracle." Campbell is still recognized for the critically acclaimed cult classic, "The Rocketeer." His other film credits include "Gettysburg," "Brylcream Boys," "Lover's Knot," "The Night We Never Met" and "Bram Stoker's Dracula."

After roles in "The Sweetest Thing" and "Tears of the Sun," Messner was most recently seen in "Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid. " His other credits include "The Whole Ten Yards," David Mamet's "Spartan" and the independent films "Dancing In September" and "Finding Home." He recently wrapped "Hostage," his third collaboration with Bruce Willis. Messner's television credits include "Friends," "Tarzan" and the one-hour pilot "Ricochet." Messner currently has a development deal with FOX.

From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television Production Inc., THE O.C. is executive-produced by Josh Schwartz, McG and Bob DeLaurentis. The series stars Peter Gallagher (Sandy Cohen), Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan Atwood), Adam Brody (Seth Cohen), Mischa Barton (Marissa Cooper), Kelly Rowan (Kirsten Cohen), Melinda Clarke (Julie Cooper), Rachel Bilson (Summer) and Alan Dale (Caleb Nichol).
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofut ... 50215fox01

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 18th 2005, 11:42 pm

Bill Simmons did a hilarious compare/contrast of The O.C. and 90210:
Q: Who's on your list of celebrities that you're waiting to run into on the street and talk to? Personally I wouldn't mind running into Tom Cruise, patting him on the back, and with a look of utter compassion say, "I'm really sorry about Goose."
-- Danny Smith, Miami Beach

SG: I already peaked in this category two years ago, in the Jimmy Kimmel Live green room, when my buddy Tony and I convinced Luke Perry to reenact the "fall to the ground, hold both fists in the air and scream" scene after his father blew up on "90210." I wish I was kidding. These are the things that happen when you work for a late night TV show.

(That reminds me ...)

Q: I know it's only halfway through the second season, but has the time come to seriously compare "The OC" with the grandaddy of the genre, "Beverly Hills: 90210"?
-- Michael Tedesco, Hopewell, NJ

You're right, it's time. Let's break this baby down, Dr. Jack-style. To keep things fair, I'm only comparing "The OC" to the first two seasons of "90210."

Premise: "90210" revolved around two twins from Minnesota moving to Beverly Hills and dealing with rich people. "The OC" had a troubled kid from Encino moving to Orange County and dealing with rich people. The lesson, as always: You're probably going to have a hit show if an outsider is dealing with rich people. "The OC" pilot was better -- actually, it was probably the best episode in the history of the show -- but "90210" gets points for originality. Too tough to call.
EDGE: EVEN.

Stars: Brandon Walsh could have been a pretty corny part in the wrong hands, especially when the pilot had him turning down the advances from a smoking-hot chick in a hot tub, or the episode when Emily Valentine slipped him an ecstacy pill and he reacted like she had infected him with an AIDS-infected needle. It was also confusing how the writers made him the moral conscience of the show, then gave him a gambling problem out of nowhere, or had him smash up his car in a DWI accident. But Jason Priestley handled all of these things, became a pretty big star, helped launch the remarkably bizarre sideburns trend, hosted an "SNL" episode and breathed life into lines like "You sure you should be driving?" and "You OK?" Good actor, great part. He was the rock of the show -- we even forgave him after he broke the Code of Guys and started dating his best friend's girlfriend.

Meanwhile, if it wasn't for Marissa, Ryan would have been the weak link of "The OC" -- he was very good in the first few episodes, before the whole "he's a brooding outsider with a hair-trigger temper who means well" act wore thin because they ordered too many episodes at once. By the end of the season, Ben McKenzie (who plays Ryan) was stuck doing Jay Mohr's eyeball rolling, "I love her man!" impersonation of Andrew McCarthy, only he wasn't kidding. So they preppied him up in Season 2, gave him a self-deprecating sense of humor and a broader personality, and now he's an absolute mess -- to the point that they're starting to steer the show around Seth. What happened to the guy who wore leather jackets and white T-shirts and couldn't express himself? Now he's whipping out one-liners like Yakov Smirnoff. I'm confused.
MAJOR EDGE: 90210.

Breakout Sidekick: I'm already on record as saying that the guy who plays Seth (Adam Brody) has the best chance of anyone to become the next Tom Hanks ... and yet, I'm not sure Seth could carry his own show. He's a little too manic. Dylan McKay? He could have carried his own show. And then some. I'm just saying.
EDGE: 90210.

Babes: Tough category for "90210" -- there were only four girls on the show, and two of them were Tori Spelling and Gabrielle Carteris. Ouch. I liked Jennie Garth, and her Kelly Taylor character clearly foreshadowed every loathsome character we would see 14 years later on "My Super Sweet 16," but she wasn't prettier than anyone on "The OC" (except for maybe Ryan's new girlfriend). And Shannen Doherty was too wholesome and crazy-looking during those first two seasons, although maybe she had to be.

As for "The OC" ... good golly. It's a murderer's row. You could make the case that Alex (Marissa's new girlfriend) and Summer (played by Rachel Bilson) are two of the hottest characters in the history of televsion -- that's right, I said it -- with Marissa right behind them, as well as Julie Cooper and Seth's mom making the Meredith Baxter-Birney Hall of Fame for smoking-hot TV moms. Say what you want about Josh Schwartz (the creator of "The OC"), but the man clearly knows what he's doing.
MAJOR EDGE: The OC.

Parents: I liked the Walshes, but the Cohens serve the Brandon Walsh role for "The OC" -- in other words, they're the collective rock of the show, which made it so infuriating when they introduced the recent storyline where Sandy Cohen struggles with unresolved feelings for an old flame (played by a Botoxed-out Kim Delaney). Too out-of-character for him. Anyway, I can't ever imagine the Cohens getting slowly phased out of the show like the Walshes did, or getting transferred to Hong Kong and knocked off the show. Wouldn't happen. Only one thing saves this from being a complete landslide: The opening credits of "90210", when James Eckhouse (as Mr. Walsh) would proudly turn around with his arms folded over his chest, followed by the "that's right, I'm Mr. F-ing Walsh!" smile. That always killed me.
EDGE: The OC.

Wet Blanket Character: This boils down to Andrea (90210) against Caleb (OC), which is ironic because they're both the same age (bah-dum-cha!). But at least Caleb serves some sick, twisted purpose -- he's a villain, just a bad one. Andrea murdered entire episodes at a time -- she was like a cross between Adrian Balboa and Ted Bundy.

Theme Song: I can't believe I'm saying this, but ...

Unintentional Comedy: Between David Silver's budding music career; the two-part accidental shooting death of his buddy with the cowboy hat; Brandon nearly making the basketball team when he was like 5-foot-5; Andrea being like 35 in real life; and every single scene with Steve Sanders -- including the unforgettable adoption episode, which should have won Ian Ziering an Anti-Emmy -- I'm not sure we'll ever see the likes of "90210" again from an Unintentional Comedy standpoint.

(Again, Ian Ziering was one of the stars of this show. The man had a blonde mullet perm. Repeat: Blonde mullet perm.)

Anyway, "The OC" is too smart for that stuff -- if anything, the Unintentional Comedy is intentional, if that makes sense (like Luke's "welcome to the OC, b---h!" scene, a parody of those cheesy 80's scenes with the Zabka-like villains, the more I'm thinking about it). I'm pretty sure they're parodying shows like "90210" with some of these plots -- like Caleb's secret daughter being involved with his other daughter's surrogate son, or the entire episode when Luke's dad was outed -- which is one of the reasons I enjoy the show so much. No premise is too absurd for "The OC." At this point, the only Unintentional Comedy happens during any scene when Marissa has to act, especially if she's throwing a tantrum or pretending to be drunk. I keep waiting to find out that Mischa Barton is Keanu Reeves's illegitimate daughter. Then again, she's no Ian Ziering.
HUGE EDGE: 90210.

Plot Lines: "The OC's" biggest mistake was the way they raced through plots and relied too heavily on the "tune in next week!" factor, which is a pretty dangerous way to go -- we weren't even midway through the second season when they were playing the lesbian card. At the rate they're going, by Season 4, we'll see Ryan kidnapped by a UFO or something. I also think they juggle way too many plots, almost like the TV version of the Memphis Grizzlies playing too many guys. And with so much going on, the characters are racing through their lines now, so everyone talks in the same snappy, sarcastic fashion and you almost need to watch the shows twice to pick everything up.

With "90210", they were very good at building shows around guest stars and one-episode plots during those first two seasons, with almost everything revolving around Brandon's world and the Dylan-Brandon relationship. Some of those early episodes stood on their own, like the one when Brandon dated the racist volleyball player, or the slumber party where Kelly confessed that she lost her virginity in the woods to a conniving senior. (It's weird, I can't remember what I did last week, and yet I can remember all of these stupid episodes). When something major happened -- like the Dylan-Kelly-Brenda love triangle -- it happened over the course of an entire summer, not two episodes, and it actually made sense as it unfolded (they set that baby up like a multi-episode arc in "Lost"). I don't feel like there's any rhyme or reason to the stuff that happens on "The OC" -- personified by Marissa falling for another woman during February sweeps. That's right, it's girl-on-girl action, Thursday on Fox!

Gratuitous use of half-siblings and step-siblings: It took a few years for "90210" to master this one, whereas "The OC" jumped right in -- at this point, Seth is related to everyone on the show except for the gardener.

Hangouts: "90210" had the Peach Pit, where aggrieved teenagers gathered to bitch about their parents, throw down some greasy food and crack wise with Nat (the one-note Peach Pit owner who inexplicably landed in the credits in Season Six). My favorite part about the Peach Pit was that Dylan hung out there -- here's a 17-year-old kid who didn't need a guardian and somehow knew every shady character in Los Angeles, someone who Mr. Walsh thought was WAY too dangerous to date his daughter, yet you were always most likely to find Dylan in a diner having lifetalks with someone who was three times older than him. How did that make sense? It was right up there with Daniel-San introducing Mr. Miyagi as his "best friend" in "Karate Kid 3".

As for the Bait Shop, which became the main hangout on "The OC" this season, this might be the most unrealistic club on the planet. First of all, it's never crowded, even though they frequently have bands like The Killers playing there. Second, they don't card at the door, but there's a full bar. Third, it's the only music club in America where it's possible to have full conversations without shouting at the top of your lungs, even when the band is playing on stage. Fourth, there are no fights, no mosh pits, no obnoxious bouncers, no marijuana smoke, no cigarettes and nobody ever throws up. And fifth, none of the characters on the show are aspiring musicians along the lines of David Silver, who would have belted out "Precious" on stage at least six times by now. So why even have the Bait Shop? Again, I'm confused.
MAJOR EDGE: 90210.

Glaring and embarrassing exclusion of any African-American characters: At least "90210" had a black manager at the Summer Club, or the episode when Brandon butted heads with Vivica A. Fox, or the one where Brandon nearly exposed the rule-bending on the hoops team. I'm not sure I've even SEEN a black person on "The OC." Has it happened? Did I miss it?
WORST OFFENDER: The OC.

Originality: "90210" mastered the love triangle -- which was shamelessly ripped off by every subsequent show of this ilk, including most of the excruciating "Dawson's Creek" -- as well as those preachy storylines involving alcohol, the loss of virginity, drugs, diet pills, drunk-driving, bi-polar girlfriends, elephant tranquilizers, bestiality and everything else you can imagine. It also invented the "outsider deals with rich people" concept, as we discussed before. "The OC" mastered the "parody of a 90210-type show that somehow carries the weight of a real show" dynamic, which is harder than you think ... but not enough to take this category.

Inexplicable homoerotic overtones: When Brandon and Dylan grew matching sideburns and started calling each other "B" and "D," you would have thought they were a lock for this category. But between Seth and Ryan's "Single White Female"-like friendship and Marissa's new relationship, this isn't even close.
GIANT EDGE: The OC.

Cultural Impact: Brandon and Dylan started the sideburns trend back in 1991, leading to my ill-fated attempt to grow them during my senior year in college. I'd rather not discuss this again. Ever. But "The OC" never inspired me to do anything. Not even throw up in my mouth.

Watershed ridiculous episode (through two seasons): For "90210", it's the episode where Brandon dumps Emily Valentine and she melts down -- any show that ends with a crazy girl threatening to set herself on fire on the school's homecoming float is one for the ages. Of course, Brandon visited her in San Fran a few years later and there was no mention of any of this. You had to love "90210." As for "The OC," I'd have to go with the Tijuana episode, which ended with Marissa overdosing and Ryan carrying her in slow-motion through the streets of Mexico, one of those "I can't believe I'm watching this" moments in life that you can never get back. Throw in a homecoming float and we would have had a winner.

Final verdict: "90210" invented this genre, whereas "The OC" tried to re-invent it (throwing in a little self-parody to boot). "90210" didn't make many mistakes during those first two seasons, whereas "The OC" made a bunch of them (most famously, the Oliver debacle). More importantly, I can't believe I just spent 2,000 words trying to figure this out.
FINAL EDGE: 90210.
The only nitpick: he says that Ryan is from Encino instead of Chino.

crimson-glow
Jody Barsh

Post by crimson-glow » Apr 28th 2005, 2:04 am

Love love love this show. It keeps getting better.
But does anyone know when Theresa is going to be coming back this season? I hope not because Ryan and Marissa just finally got back together<3 and that of course would completely wreck it all.
- " It just seems like, you agree to have a certain personality or something. For no reason. Just to make things easier for everyone. But when you think about it, I mean, how do you know it's even you?" - Angela Chase

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 28th 2005, 3:19 pm

[spoiler]I think I read somewhere that both Teresa and Oliver will be back for the finale. So will Nana, but not in the way that you might think![/spoiler]

crimson-glow
Jody Barsh

Post by crimson-glow » Apr 28th 2005, 10:34 pm

candygirl wrote:[spoiler]I think I read somewhere that both Teresa and Oliver will be back for the finale. So will Nana, but not in the way that you might think![/spoiler]
[spoiler]Doesn't..Nana die?[/spoiler]

Ah. Just when things get perfect again. But I guess its like a soap opera that way, nothing is going to stay all happy.
- " It just seems like, you agree to have a certain personality or something. For no reason. Just to make things easier for everyone. But when you think about it, I mean, how do you know it's even you?" - Angela Chase

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 28th 2005, 11:46 pm

Info from tvshowsondvd about the S2 DVD:
There's trouble (and plenty of fun) in paradise in this 24-episode, 7-disc Season 2 collection of the smash-hit series set in Orange County's posh Newport Beach. Hook up with what's coming down as the Core Four romances of Ryan-and-Marissa and Seth-and-Summer may (or may not) go from very over to very on, Sandy and Kirsten face choices that could trainwreck their 20-year marriage, felon (and Ryan's brother) Trey gives Newport living a try, Julie's lurid past comes back to haunt her, and other new hunks and hotties become part of the coastal scene. Live. Laugh. Lie. Cheat. Grow. Share. Connive. Love. In California's beach paradise, they do everything under the sun.
Warner Bros has announced that The O.C. - The Complete 2nd Season will be released on August 23rd, just in time for the premiere of season 3 in the Fall. This 7-DVD set will contain all 24 episodes from the second season, and a disc full of bonus material, too.

Warner Bros went back to the producers of the show and asked which aspect ratio they preferred for season 2. The result is an Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1) transfer for the second season. There will be an English Dolby Surround audio track, along with English, French and Spanish subtitles. SRP will be $69.98 US, though retailers will mark it down in stores and online.

Here's a list of the bonus material you'll find on this:

* Too Hot for TV: The Wet and Wild Kisses -- see the eight takes of the kissing scene between Alex and Mischa that the network wouldn't let you!
* Beachy Couture: How O.C. Fashion Is Made
* The O.C.: Obsessed Completely Retrospective TV Special
* Gag and Goofs from Seasons 1 and 2
* Extended cut of "The Rainy Day Women"
* Commentary on "The Chrismukkah That Almost Wasn't" and "The Rainy Day Women" by Cast and Crew
Click here to view the cover art.

crimson-glow
Jody Barsh

Post by crimson-glow » Apr 29th 2005, 12:12 am

candygirl wrote:Info from tvshowsondvd about the S2 DVD:
There's trouble (and plenty of fun) in paradise in this 24-episode, 7-disc Season 2 collection of the smash-hit series set in Orange County's posh Newport Beach. Hook up with what's coming down as the Core Four romances of Ryan-and-Marissa and Seth-and-Summer may (or may not) go from very over to very on, Sandy and Kirsten face choices that could trainwreck their 20-year marriage, felon (and Ryan's brother) Trey gives Newport living a try, Julie's lurid past comes back to haunt her, and other new hunks and hotties become part of the coastal scene. Live. Laugh. Lie. Cheat. Grow. Share. Connive. Love. In California's beach paradise, they do everything under the sun.
Warner Bros has announced that The O.C. - The Complete 2nd Season will be released on August 23rd, just in time for the premiere of season 3 in the Fall. This 7-DVD set will contain all 24 episodes from the second season, and a disc full of bonus material, too.

Warner Bros went back to the producers of the show and asked which aspect ratio they preferred for season 2. The result is an Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1) transfer for the second season. There will be an English Dolby Surround audio track, along with English, French and Spanish subtitles. SRP will be $69.98 US, though retailers will mark it down in stores and online.

Here's a list of the bonus material you'll find on this:

* Too Hot for TV: The Wet and Wild Kisses -- see the eight takes of the kissing scene between Alex and Mischa that the network wouldn't let you!
* Beachy Couture: How O.C. Fashion Is Made
* The O.C.: Obsessed Completely Retrospective TV Special
* Gag and Goofs from Seasons 1 and 2
* Extended cut of "The Rainy Day Women"
* Commentary on "The Chrismukkah That Almost Wasn't" and "The Rainy Day Women" by Cast and Crew
Click here to view the cover art.
wow, i think i want this more then i wanted the first season. thank you!<3