What movies are you looking forward to?

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 24th 2005, 7:05 pm

I got dragged to Sin City yesterday. I had no interest in seeing it, but I actually totally enjoyed it. It was very entertaining. Although, the whole time I kept asking myself if all the corny lines were the sort of "so bad they're good" kind of thing, or if the self-conscious deliberateness of it all was just irritating ... but, in the end, it doesn't matter anyway; I enjoyed the film. It was shot so cool. I like when it goes to the silhouette shots. [spoiler]And, of course, the ass-kicking prostitutes are awesome.[/spoiler]

I also recently saw Love Song for Bobby Long (I was so sad that I never got around to seeing it in the theaters and have been waiting for the video release) -- it is wonderful. Truly. [spoiler]But damn it, I wish they would have kissed.[/spoiler]

I am looking forward to the Z Boys film. Definitely.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Andee
Tino

Post by Andee » Apr 26th 2005, 8:07 pm

sin city. haven't seen it, but i think my brother did. Has anyone seen fever pitch? it looks really good, and so does alot like love, which came out like last week sometime. And white noise. That movie looks friken scary.
~Andee~

--- "Not that i've ever been to another country..."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 27th 2005, 11:05 pm

(Ala Obiwan Kenobi in Star Wars: A New Hope)

I haven't been to a movie in a long time, a long time.

Dec 26th I think.

That said I am looking forward to the last Star Wars movie, George Lucas will please end our suffering?. I am a bit curious about the new War of the Worlds movie. Also in August there will be a remake of the Pink Panther staring Steve Martin.

Aeon Flux is due out in September starring the South African woman from Monster, whose name I can't spell right now. My only question is why her? Angelina Joline would have been perfect for the role.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 28th 2005, 9:50 am

Charlese Theron. Maybe Angelina Jolie doesn't want to be typecast? (after being in the tomb raider movies... I don't know.) Maybe she has a schedule conflict. I'm not a huge fan of Angelina Jolie --- but I used to watch the Aeon Flux cartoons when it was on "Liquid TV" on MTV way back in the day.

I'm also looking forward to the Pink Panther movie. I love love love Steve Martin! And Shopgirl is finally coming out on October 21st.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » May 9th 2005, 11:23 am

so I'm behind in the movie world. but I just caught a trailer for The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. it looks pretty good, or at least our fantasy world fix while the Lord of the Rings is finished. also, the newest Harry Potter, The Goblet of Fire (my favorite book of the series so far) will also be releasing near christmas. their trailer looks really great also. I remember when I was a kid, we were all about 8 and 9 and the Narnia series was the biggest thing to us. since so many of us wanted to read them, our teacher actually set aside a time and read them out loud to us. and then of course, we'd go out during recess and pretend to be the children. I've had an urge to reread them since I've all but forgotten what happens, the movie has now given me an incentive and timeconstraint.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 9th 2005, 11:01 pm

I saw the Goblet of Fire preview and the Narnia trailer over the weekend too! I an so excited about both of them. I'm glad that they decided to make the Goblet of Fire into one movie (instead of Kill Bill style). The Chronicles of Narnia - one of my favorite book series ever! I used to read those books over and over. I remember watching the cartoon version when I was really young, and then seeing the BBC version when I was babysitting some kids in the early 90s. I really hope this movie version ends up more like the LotR rather than the Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket adaptations.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 11th 2005, 3:28 pm

I'm not sure I'm "looking forward to" it, but I am planning on seeing Episode Three. Natalie's little: "Anakin, you're breaking my heart" is so sad. I'll see the new Pride and Prejudice when it comes out, but I doubt it'll come to close to my lve for the A&E version.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 12th 2005, 5:37 pm

candygirl wrote:I saw the Goblet of Fire preview and the Narnia trailer over the weekend too! I an so excited about both of them. I'm glad that they decided to make the Goblet of Fire into one movie (instead of Kill Bill style). The Chronicles of Narnia - one of my favorite book series ever! I used to read those books over and over. I remember watching the cartoon version when I was really young, and then seeing the BBC version when I was babysitting some kids in the early 90s. I really hope this movie version ends up more like the LotR rather than the Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket adaptations.
Yeah,

I vaguely remember the cartoon. I am looking foward to Chronicles.

-LanceMan

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » May 18th 2005, 3:20 am

The Latest "Looking forward to Movie" is surely Star Wars Episode III !!
Can't wait to watch it !!
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 18th 2005, 4:10 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:I'm not sure I'm "looking forward to" it, but I am planning on seeing Episode Three.
I feel more obligated (as opposed to excited) to see this movie. As a matter of fact, when we saw the trailer at the very end of the O.C. a few weeks ago, I turned to my boyfriend all resigned and said, "You know we're going to have to see this movie, right?" I wish I could work up more enthusiasm, but the last two movies were just awful. There have been some positive reviews, so I hope this one is everything that we hoped The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones would be.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 23rd 2005, 12:16 am

Hey all,

Looking forward to a double feature this weekend:

Romero's Land of the Dead

and

War of the Worlds.

Let you know how they are.

-LanceMan

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 23rd 2005, 5:32 am

lance wrote:
War of the Worlds.

Let you know how they are.

-LanceMan
Please do, because I'm waiting for this one myself. After I get over the Americanisation of a British book, set in Britain, I'm hoping I'll enjoy this film, and I'd like to know what you think (especially if it's 'don't bother, wait for the DVD'...).

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Movies

Post by lance » Jun 28th 2005, 12:59 am

Well saw a couple of movies over the weekend:

Saw Land of the Dead. Pretty good, very entertaining and Romero has the start for either another cycle of movies or a possible TV Series. My roomate showed me the original Romero movies prior to seeing Land. Romero still has some social commentary to make. Well worth seeing.

Saw Madagascar. It was okay. The penguins were hilarious! The rest was fairly standard. Saw a great preview for the Wallace & Grommitt movie.

Well this week will be War of the Worlds. Let you know how that goes.

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

War of the Worlds

Post by lance » Jun 29th 2005, 12:03 pm

Saw this bit about the soliders who starred in War of the Worlds:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050628/ap_ ... s_soldiers

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jun 29th 2005, 6:24 pm

Has anyone else seen Batman Begins yet? I saw it twice already and it is freakin' awesome! The only complaint I have about the casting is Katie Holmes. I thought she was too... something not right. Well, okay, maybe I just don't like her acting that much. I went to see BB with a friend of mine who is very stubborn, and when I told him I didn't like Holmes in the movie he said "who else then?" I said maybe Kate Beckinsale would have worked he said "no, she's too intense." I was thinking, this is an intense movie!!! And then I said that Batman was really emotionally disturbed, which my friend vehemently denied. I was like, did you watch the first 45 minutes of this movie? How can you tell me he's not emotionally disturbed? It was like watching with a little boy. Sheesh.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~