droopy pants

Political Discussion: You've been warned! Please remember we are all friends here. Insults will not be tolerated!
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

droopy pants

Post by emmie » Feb 10th 2005, 8:13 pm

just happened to find this on the net. thought that it was ridiculous and a major waste of time.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... ding_pants

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 10th 2005, 8:37 pm

geez, they think they can get rid of everything fun, don't they? If they have a problem with a little boxers showing, maybe the lawmakers should take a look at this year's hot prom dress. :wink:
Last edited by SanDeE* on Feb 14th 2005, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Feb 10th 2005, 9:18 pm

LOL

don't you love what they choose to get in an uproar over?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Feb 11th 2005, 6:00 am

heh - yeah, I heard this on the radio this morning :lol: . I've got to say I find it a little unpalatable walking behind someone and seeing it all hang out, but to pass a law on the subject?! It's like being back at school... 'young man, your pants are too low. Detention!'. It's right up there with the skirt-measuring that used to go on in my school. 'I think you'll find that's a non-regulation length'.
:roll:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 11th 2005, 11:45 am

I find this whole moral backlash by the flower children generation repulsive. It's such a hipocrisy. Providing it covers up what a thong bikini would, it's called FREEEEEDOMMMM OF EXPRESSSSTIOOOOON, people. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can pass a law to ban it.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 11th 2005, 3:48 pm

There should be checks and balances in place so that any elected official who wastes time and money by proposing such an idiotic bill should be up for immediate re-election. It's becoming a challenge not to hate the state of the world more and more everyday.

edited to include: uh, on second thought I'll lighten up. It's still troubling and ridiculously stupid but I suppose a failed attempt at weirdly specific censorship isn't the harbinger of a world in a downward spiral I apparently felt it was earlier. :oops:
Last edited by grim4746 on Feb 14th 2005, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 13th 2005, 9:02 pm

starbug wrote:heh - yeah, I heard this on the radio this morning :lol: . I've got to say I find it a little unpalatable walking behind someone and seeing it all hang out, but to pass a law on the subject?! It's like being back at school... 'young man, your pants are too low. Detention!'. It's right up there with the skirt-measuring that used to go on in my school. 'I think you'll find that's a non-regulation length'.
:roll:
Got any pictures of those non-regulation skirts?

:mrgreen:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain